Sign in to follow this  
UDO

is there anyway to get the boat ladders down while in the sea?

I think this is whole point of retracting them, to make them inaccessible when you’re not in the boat ie to other parties. I don’t know for a fact, just speculation.

'Ive read that whistling will raise and lower the ladder (T and U?) but it's never worked for me.  Worth a try though.  Failing that, die and respawn on the bed maybe?

According to this thread...

the keys are T and Y, not T and U as I said before.  They work for some people but not others, apparently.  No explanation why that I've found up to now.

2 minutes ago, Coggage said:

According to this thread...

the keys are T and Y, not T and U as I said before.  They work for some people but not others, apparently.  No explanation why that I've found up to now.

an ally said about t but not gotten it to work as if yet , is there something else that needs to be done ?

No, that's it.  I know of people who can use it fine, but it's never worked for me and quite a few others.  Baffling.

Well, I thought I'd try this T and Y thing again... and for no apparent reason it now works flawlessly!  I tried it about 10 times at varying angles and distances (up to about 12 feet away) and it worked smoothly each and every time.  Prior to this it didn't work once.  I am baffled but pleased.

This is really cool, i was working with grappling hook, but this is much more easy.

Does it also work on rope ladders up to the crows nest on the masts ?

No idea, Talono.  I didn't even know it was possible to get up there in the first place.  🙂

It is T and Y, but be careful with your crew because you might call them. If you're going to call out the ropes very often I suggest you put your crew on ignore group whistles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UDO said:

hi as title , anyway to get ladder to drop down ?

Press T > Choose Emotes > Choose Friendly something or another dont remember the exact phrase.  And your emergency ladder will come down!

On 1/13/2019 at 10:42 AM, Sulfurblade said:

Press T > Choose Emotes > Choose Friendly something or another dont remember the exact phrase.  And your emergency ladder will come down!

Emote "friendly hands" does nothing. Anyone know for Xbone?😂

Edited by Cutter

On 2/12/2020 at 4:08 AM, Cutter said:

Emote "friendly hands" does nothing. Anyone know for Xbone?😂

Looks towards the ladder and "whistle follow one" lowers them, and "Whistle Stop one" raises them.

I don't think crew had a anything to do with it........at least for PC.  I've moved newly launched boats around manually and whistled ladders up and down. 

If you're at either the wheel or the podium you can hold O to turn on all torches (I use it when it gets cold) and L  to extend or retract all ladders.