Sign in to follow this  
beerstop

Final Thoughts

well the start went off poorly .

In all fairness it was to be expected.

I went by what i read and what some others had said that this wasnt going to be Ark Evolved this was going to be sooo much better , you will get put on beginner island and everything will be eazy peazy.

learn the game ,build a raft get ,off the island and start your lil empire village or whatever you want.

Instead what we got was Ark Evolved with a pirates theme and resources that are not quickly available to build say a pick or ax to actually start a raft.

what we get for our beginners island was death, dehydration, and same graphics as Ark Evolved and same beginning problems of server freeze and a ton of updates .

I wasn't even in game for 1 whole hour when i had to quit and download another update , that's 3 and the game isnt even 24 hours old

And when i was going good or so i thought to get some resources.

a snake stuns me i run half way around the island and cant shake it , i swim away i do all sorts of stuff and i get killed , i start again i get some resources i get killed again rinse and repeat.

Actually beginners island was a lie . i did everything i could not to draw attention to myself and still i got killed no less than 6 times.

so if you like Ark Evolved and want the same thing but 1 big giant map then you will love pirates Ark Evolved Atlas.

AS for me i submitted a request of refund from steam and wish you all a farewell. enjoy pirates Ark.

same old game different name no dinos same graphics.

Edited by beerstop
  • Like 1

I stopped reading after final thoughts. 

Go back to fortnite. 

Edited by Dixsons24

i think maybe you need to go read how steam define early access and what it means to buy an early access game.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, beerstop said:

well the start went off poorly .

In all fairness it was to be expected.

I went by what i read and what some others had said that this wasnt going to be Ark Evolved this was going to be sooo much better , you will get put on beginner island and everything will be eazy peazy.

learn the game ,build a raft get ,off the island and start your lil empire village or whatever you want.

Instead what we got was Ark Evolved with a pirates theme and resources that are not quickly available to build say a pick or ax to actually start a raft.

what we get for our beginners island was death, dehydration, and same graphics as Ark Evolved and same beginning problems of server freeze and a ton of updates .

I wasn't even in game for 1 whole hour when i had to quit and download another update , that's 3 and the game isnt even 24 hours old

And when i was going good or so i thought to get some resources.

a snake stuns me i run half way around the island and cant shake it , i swim away i do all sorts of stuff and i get killed , i start again i get some resources i get killed again rinse and repeat.

Actually beginners island was a lie . i did everything i could not to draw attention to myself and still i got killed no less than 6 times.

so if you like Ark Evolved and want the same thing but 1 big giant map then you will love pirates Ark Evolved Atlas.

AS for me i submitted a request of refund from steam and wish you all a farewell. enjoy pirates Ark.

same old game different name no dinos same graphics.

Good luck on getting a refund... no help from steam nor from this shitty atlas company

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Majic said:

Man, you get all the fun!

Right?!!?  I'd LOVE to be able to just log into a server and get chased by snakes and killed repeatedly.  I'd even take getting killed by a chicken. 

23 minutes ago, Dixsons24 said:

I stopped reading after final thoughts.

This guy is a Blazers fan - he knows disappointment.  If he's ok with how things are running, I'm ok, too.

Also, the first 76ers game I went to (must have been 1982ish), they played the Blazers.  For that reason, I've always rooted for them.  Sorry about that, man.

Edited by Pink_Floyd
typo, although apparently "ho" is a word
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vainesy said:

i think maybe you need to go read how steam define early access and what it means to buy an early access game.

Steam does not dictate what Early Access is... I have ARK for PS4 early access and it was by far better... Yes it had errors and problems but it was a better polished turd....

The mix up in the industry now a days has been Alpha and Beta have been put to the way side for a term called Early Access where there is no level of expectation except the one we give and then we could re-neg even on that. That is what gets purchasers blood boiling.

10 minutes ago, SpeedInc said:

Steam does not dictate what Early Access is... I have ARK for PS4 early access and it was by far better... Yes it had errors and problems but it was a better polished turd....

The mix up in the industry now a days has been Alpha and Beta have been put to the way side for a term called Early Access where there is no level of expectation except the one we give and then we could re-neg even on that. That is what gets purchasers blood boiling.

Lol ark was no longer in early access when it was released on console it came out of early access on August 29th same week of the ps4 release 

Also steam litrally tells you dont buy an early access title unless you want to play it in its current state

Theres a whole section on steam about early access development and nit rushing to buy from early access developers 

Screenshot_20181224-135547_Steam.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vainesy said:

Lol ark was no longer in early access when it was released on console it came out of early access on August 29th same week of the ps4 release 

For us PS4 users it was listed Early Access..... I know its hard for PC players to think that there are others out there....

Everything he says is exactly how the game is but look at the White knights go.  It’s ark all over again in that instance too.  They will defend it until the death and issues will never get fixed even after the early access excuse expires. Like we didn’t already do this guys. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpeedInc said:

For us PS4 users it was listed Early Access..... I know its hard for PC players to think that there are others out there....

It was EA in Xbox too. He’s completely wrong.  

• Like 1

i love how you can have an opinion that is justfied but the moment someone says something against what you have to say were defending or white knighting.

there are plenty of other early access survival games you can go bitch about if you want too.

bottom line is you rushed into buying a hyped up game and now your mad it didnt live up to the hype.

Other than the server issues every problem youve had with *safe zones* or dying were present in dark and light and are still present in ark even after full release.

• Like 1

end of the day if you dont plan on sticking this game out and seeing where it goes then why not just leave get your refunds and move onto the next early access title cos i bet when you look at the steam list you have a few and when they never live up to the hype they gather dust. just seems like a waste of energy. go enjoy your christmas instead

If your sitting there speed typing your 200 page report on m and my white knighting save it. just close your browser and go play some ark 🙂 

Merry christmas 🎄

Edited by Vainesy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vainesy said:

bottom line is you rushed into buying a hyped up game and now your mad it didnt live up to the hype.

Other than the server issues every problem youve had with *safe zones*

Let me help you out since you seem to me be missing the point..... I never seen any hype for this game... i did see a trailer that was leaked for the last DLC for ARK that was quickly removed... Planned or not it was done..... I thought to my self, "self i seen what they just did there and im on board with what they are cooking up if they continue with the life lessons learned". That was not the case...

This is like buying a bicycle. Early Access to me is having a NEW bike and trying to get from point A to point B, how ever there is a flat tire... DAMN that sucks....
BUT we were given a bike with no damn tires or rims for that matter.  My screen says verson 5.2 to be released in the notes yet my patch says 5.3 and I can not log in.. not because the server is still stuck at 0 of 150... its because the server is no longer listed. its a blank square like the other 60% or so of the map... so miss optimist show me the light... tell me how to enjoy early access to a server based game that i can not log into.... shoe me the good time that will come when its a polished *gulp, game and single player will be added (as it is now) and we can enjoy sending people off the plank....

1 minute ago, SpeedInc said:

Let me help you out since you seem to me be missing the point..... I never seen any hype for this game... i did see a trailer that was leaked for the last DLC for ARK that was quickly removed... Planned or not it was done..... I thought to my self, "self i seen what they just did there and im on board with what they are cooking up if they continue with the life lessons learned". That was not the case...

This is like buying a bicycle. Early Access to me is having a NEW bike and trying to get from point A to point B, how ever there is a flat tire... DAMN that sucks....
BUT we were given a bike with no damn tires or rims for that matter.  My screen says verson 5.2 to be released in the notes yet my patch says 5.3 and I can not log in.. not because the server is still stuck at 0 of 150... its because the server is no longer listed. its a blank square like the other 60% or so of the map... so miss optimist show me the light... tell me how to enjoy early access to a server based game that i can not log into.... shoe me the good time that will come when its a polished *gulp, game and single player will be added (as it is now) and we can enjoy sending people off the plank....

But you had the chance to see all the other people trying to ride there bike with no wheels and you still thought hey that might work? why would you not research a game before you buy it if you know nothing about it other than a trailer. why would see you an early access title and think oh ive seen the trailer lets not wait to see if there are any videos on it or any gameplay?

im not disagreeing with peoples issues i understand your frustration and im not trying to disregard problems.
But i played the ark alpha and i got d&L on day one and apart from server issues i cant see anything we haven't seen before with a Wildcard Alpha release

Also in terms of you not seeing hype. This game has blown up on twitch like 4 times this week after there delays it did draw alot of attention.

Although i do understand  where your coming from with that i myself only stumbled across the project by accident while on the arks forums

because i know what Ark is and I know what the mechanics of it are and how they will cross over to this game... there will be a very small learning curve from that game to here.. so i didn't want to see any spoilers and any oh by the ways... after being frustrated i then took to my normal streamers and found what they ran into and how they avoided issues... and they have said if they were part of the early early access, so as to escape the areas effected.

5 minutes ago, SpeedInc said:

because i know what Ark is and I know what the mechanics of it are and how they will cross over to this game... there will be a very small learning curve from that game to here.. so i didn't want to see any spoilers and any oh by the ways... after being frustrated i then took to my normal streamers and found what they ran into and how they avoided issues... and they have said if they were part of the early early access, so as to escape the areas effected.

i get what you mean then. ill leave it at that im not on here to argue with people about the game everyone has a right to there opinion.
I hope if you are planning to stick with the game you get what you want out of it. 
 back and forward banter wont get us anywhere at this point.

I hope you have a good christmas and the launch didnt cause you that much stress 🙂

Im not here to make enemies over an early access game i just want people to play with!

• Like 1

I agree with you.... I plan on hitting refresh like every other player ever 10 seconds and restarting steam every 2 min to get on... :classic_dry:

Same to you and hope you have a good Christmas.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

You know... Early access should be like 10% of the overall cost of what a game should be or a "demo" version. the fact that they can release a game that literally doesn't work and you'll have no idea until after you've purchased it is crap. (Don't think i'm talking about atlas, i like the game, i've played hours of it. i do gripe from time to time about crashes and other crap yes, but my post here isn't about atlas it's about the whole "Early Access" deal itself) So to continue, you get all hyped about a game, you purchase it and it's an EA game. As per what it says on steam, it could never change. well then why the fuck should steam refund? it's a crap idea lol.

11 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

You know... Early access should be like 10% of the overall cost of what a game should be or a "demo" version. the fact that they can release a game that literally doesn't work and you'll have no idea until after you've purchased it is crap. (Don't think i'm talking about atlas, i like the game, i've played hours of it. i do gripe from time to time about crashes and other crap yes, but my post here isn't about atlas it's about the whole "Early Access" deal itself) So to continue, you get all hyped about a game, you purchase it and it's an EA game. As per what it says on steam, it could never change. well then why the fuck should steam refund? it's a crap idea lol.

Hummm so what do you think if Steam calls a game Early Access and obviously so does the studio, that there is a flat rate for all users who buy on steam. Say $10 no matter what that's the Steam EA fee, and no refund for any EA game.

Do you think that there would be alot less games being released EA on steam then? Why would that be... My guess is to avoid a lesser payment for a buggy game, wait for it to be more polished and get a price that the studio wants.....