StefanKyle84

Before were pillars everywhere, now claiming flags everywhere just to capture more land even its not used !! Please, 1 flag per character or no one new will play on officials anymore !!!

As the title. 

In ARK greedy ppl on PVE were putting pillars and foundations everywhere around their base or where they had interest to capture land,  NOW in ATLAS, since the first days of EU PVE Official server, the first players rushed into the INFINITE claiming flagging and abused this system just to capture any land and then block you from building your first base in game and also ask for taxes max 30% (even on the big Ocean where nothing is, even there the sea is claimed OR top mountains with no resources on them !!! )

This is the worst Official PVE mode with a bigger PVP influence from those whom suck and they do a lot of filthy things that couldn't do it on a PVP server BUT on PVE they know no one will take sever actions against their behavior. 

This INFINITE flags per character must stop now if the game wants to evolve I a good way, not like this one where many greedy. hackers a bad behavior ppl defend this stupid claiming system. 

Russians and Chinese are sinking a lot of ships in Freeports or steal from ppl who came here to play peacefully on this PVE server but due to their retard behavior, many are leaving or uninstall this game considering that they wasted 20 bucks for nothing. 

If this is what you want and earn over mature and peaceful people then this game is dead before releasing and you earn your steam reviews ! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StefanKyle84 said:

As the title. 

In ARK greedy ppl on PVE were putting pillars and foundations everywhere around their base or where they had interest to capture land,  NOW in ATLAS, since the first days of EU PVE Official server, the first players rushed into the INFINITE claiming flagging and abused this system just to capture any land and then block you from building your first base in game and also ask for taxes max 30% (even on the big Ocean where nothing is, even there the sea is claimed OR top mountains with no resources on them !!! )

This is the worst Official PVE mode with a bigger PVP influence from those whom suck and they do a lot of filthy things that couldn't do it on a PVP server BUT on PVE they know no one will take sever actions against their behavior. 

This INFINITE flags per character must stop now if the game wants to evolve I a good way, not like this one where many greedy. hackers a bad behavior ppl defend this stupid claiming system. 

Russians and Chinese are sinking a lot of ships in Freeports or steal from ppl who came here to play peacefully on this PVE server but due to their retard behavior, many are leaving or uninstall this game considering that they wasted 20 bucks for nothing. 

If this is what you want and earn over mature and peaceful people then this game is dead before releasing and you earn your steam reviews ! 

yup and its already driving peeps away sadly -> want land? oh go play on dead unoificals or not play

• Like 1

More people that don't know what they are asking for. You complain about lawless zones being stuffed full, but then you want to have people stuffed in every island like that which will make them barren.  People waited to play, throwing hissy fits about a few days later to release, and so they missed the land rush. It sucks but that's the way it is.  Even with one flag for person you would still not claim land due to the sheer numbers that poured in to this "failed" game.  Land space is finite, so how are the devs supposed to have fresh untouched land for each new solo hero who wants to do everything on their own?  Only answers to this is give you some kind of single player mode, or open a new server.

No its not one person, claiming an entire island. Ive been accused of this even tho i am a company of 25+ and we only have 15 land flags, and maybe 20% of the island we are on. We share the island with several companies of varying size. And I sailed through rubberbanding,  lag infested waters day 1 to claim the land I got for my company. So i earned it.

Also notice that i said 25 on 15 flags? Go ahead and limit us to one each, we will spread out and take more land that way. And there are other companies that would do the exact same thing.

Its not feasible at all to have land reserved for each new player, so yes. you will either have to contest, which we find we can do almost every day. Or swallow your solo pride in thinking you are better than everyone else and WORK with someone.  I would offer you a place like I have many others but we are getting pretty full.  Have to manage the land, to keep the resources spawning. Not every piece of land without a shipyard or huge base is unused... where do you think the resources were gathered to build the base down the way?

• Thanks 1

again you here with your BS @Traven Guthrie OFC the lawless zones are growded CAUSE people cant BUILD anywhere else almost all the land is claimed and "renting" a place to build if i want to lose everything cause the land owner felt like it sure il go but until they make 1 flag per player i dont see a fix for the current PVE state. And if you whine the large guilds will dominate ofc they will theres a reason for it as well . They have the manpower . But the current state of PVE claiming where most of the islands are owned by companies with less then 5 people and im talking about tundra yes the warmer places have more players currently.  And if you tell me tundra areas have more then 20 people on it i can say for sure you have never been on a tundra server. But you already have your land so why bother right not like all the other people want to play the same game as you.... 

well he aint wrong about spawns will die out if too many-much beeing built, then what , i know everyone wants to build and have their own place but atm we have 5 companies on a small island, thankfully no one bother to built central as we found out 1 building there killed spawn and we all where to blame for it , so  owner removed it and we where back to spawning resources , but the more people creep up from the beach the more it will kill the spawns in a large area

And yes i support the 1 flag idea, but then it also cant overlap as it does now and you loose area due to that

11 hours ago, Luxfere said:

change lawless to allow you to claim land as well will stop this 

nah that would only cause those there already to have the land. It wouldnt do anything for the other 50% of the population with no land that are forced to quit or play on unofficial servers

Edited by Sketch

21 hours ago, Traven Guthrie said:

Ive been accused of this even tho i am a company of 25+ and we only have 15 land flags

Traven Guthrie nobady is blaming you. We blame the code. I`m, with other 3 friends, settled down in a lawless because, after a minor reserch of a claim free area, we surrender. We pass trought 11 server. I get bored. in my opinion if a game make you bored, that game fail in is task.

The problem I have is that for those of of who are either older and have families to support but would still like to enjoy the game, really just can't.  You've mentioned joining a larger company, find some friends, make some allies but the problem I personally have is that  : I may not like a existing company name, I may want to have a company name based on something that means something to me, I'm a 43 year old male welder who don't know many people who play video games to pass the time, I can't dedicate hours a day trying to find a piece of land to build a base,  I don't mind traveling to get resources but do mind trying to build on someone else's land that may or may not decide to change their mind about it and everything I've done is a wasted effort.  You have companies that have claimed several islands or a couple companies that have claimed islands together,  They take up more land that they don't use and force others to keep searching for the tiniest area that they can build on.  Most of us don't want a empire, all we want is something that we can put a bed down on and have a place to build our boats and be ready in case things go sour and we lose our lives and ships while at sea, yeah I know you can always go back to your home server and start over again, start the process of looking for a place to build again, start doing all the beginning things in the game over and over again.. What we all want is to be able to enjoy and see the rest of the game.. We don't play on PVP servers, we came here to explore and chase treasure maps, find the hidden gems and just sail around looking to see what others have done, the ideas they've came up with.   

So yeah, one claim per player would be great otherwise I'm not sure how long the game will survive, the game is a beautiful frustration.  Some people will quit and others will just hope to find something but if nothing changes the game will fail.   You've got people who have the land and have built their bases and that's great but the sad part is they don't make up the majority of people who play and purchased the game, they may give the good reviews because everything is going their way with land and such but to keep people talking good about the game it is going to have to change otherwise it will fail.

This is just my two cents but a lot of people have gave the game a chance going against the reviews, some are finding out that the reviews were correct and are no longer playing the game and they are not recommending the game to anyone else.   It is what it is I guess..  I can't speak for all but I think I'm close to how many people feel.

• Like 2

So everyone wants claims gone/limited etc etc etc.

Did no-one see what happened when they set lawless islands to actually behave like normal islands in the game and the huge outrage about the sudden lack of resources because of all the foundation/pillar spam everywhere?

People are complaining about some companies holding "more land than they are building on" well look at those barren lawless islands from a few days ago and the sheer number of mats required to make/repair even a Brig and you will begin to understand why companies are denying people from building over wood/metal etc.

It's not just about the land you are building on it's also about having resources to build and maintain ships, and anyone saying you don't need to claim the land is obviously unaware of the resource suppression area that any foundation has (I again refer you the screaming about lawless islands being wastelands).

Currently there is a growing issue where people that have been inactive for a week or more are sleeping inside a building on their claim and this make it impossible to take the claim from said inactive player. 
I also think there is another issue where the land claim steal timer is not updating until a new claim flag is successfully placed by a company so they all read as owning zero flags right now making them all be six hour claims.

41 minutes ago, Scrad said:

So everyone wants claims gone/limited etc etc etc.

Did no-one see what happened when they set lawless islands to actually behave like normal islands in the game and the huge outrage about the sudden lack of resources because of all the foundation/pillar spam everywhere?

Actually in lawless foundation and pillar doesn`t block spawn

People are complaining about some companies holding "more land than they are building on" well look at those barren lawless islands from a few days ago and the sheer number of mats required to make/repair even a Brig and you will begin to understand why companies are denying people from building over wood/metal etc.

"i came first. Screw you!" this doesn't mean that only on fraction of the poeple that bought this game are actually able to experience it completely.

It's not just about the land you are building on it's also about having resources to build and maintain ships, and anyone saying you don't need to claim the land is obviously unaware of the resource suppression area that any foundation has (I again refer you the screaming about lawless islands being wastelands).

Guess why? Maybe because the lawless server are overcrowded? And why are they overcrowded? Luckly the devs have fixed, so the foundetion and pillars doesn't block spawn anymore

@SCRAD the point is not to have any or limitied claims. the point is allow everybody to play the game.

Edited by vestar

19 minutes ago, vestar said:

"i came first. Screw you!" this doesn't mean that only on fraction of the poeple that bought this game are actually able to experience it completely.

Guess why? Maybe because the lawless server are overcrowded? And why are they overcrowded? Luckly the devs have fixed, so the foundetion and pillars doesn't block spawn anymore

@SCRAD the point is not to have any or limitied claims. the point is allow everybody to play the game.

Actually this "doesn't block spawn" probably spilled over and we have crocs or wolfs (even alphas) spawning in bases killing tamed animals 😉 so be prepared for new changes in that area.

Now, for the "give 1 person a claim". Here how it will end up: Zergs will have tone of land. Everything else will be divided between extremely small companies. Only zerg islands will have any resources left cause everything else will be blocked by buildings on single or double claims. Claim overlapping will mean you will quit the game the moment your neighbor goes offline and some griefer will overlap you base which you spent last 60 hours working on. 

I've wrote it in the past i will write it again.

Think out solution which will survive against hundreds of very dedicated trolls and won't end in disaster if people will be greedy, jerks and obnoxious. So if people will be people. Assume every 1 out of 10 players is a jerk. Assume every 1 out of 10 players is a griefer. If you think your solution can solve that - than please write about it. 
This one I would love to hear about. 
But proposing stuff which will probably end with another disaster? Probably even bigger one? Imho not the best idea. 

Bear in mind, I won't care. I need two claims that i have, 3 are luxury i can have in current and proposed solutions. But if you think 1 claim per person will help you? Nope, it won't. And zergs would have field day claiming all the "now unprotected" land.
The only people who will trully benefit from this changes are said Zerg 500+ clans. 

Edited by Elrood

1 minute ago, vestar said:

No they don't now... but a few days ago they set it so that Lawless islands behaved the same as normal islands and foundations suppressed spawns of everything and the uproar was immense and apparently having lawless island resource spawns behave the same as every other island killed the game.

the uproar was so much that they adjusted these map zones to have their very own rules for resource spawns in patch 10.79 (go look into it if you do not believe me).

no other island resources behave like this and get suppressed by buildings, we recently had someone who left the island I am on have his buildings removed after the claim changed hands and now there are large amounts of resources on the island.

So you are aware a small shipyard for sloop/schooner a large shipyard for brig/galleon and a building big enough to house crafting stations/forge and storage oh and lets not forget the secure area to put your gathering animals (so they don't get eaten by predators) takes up way more space than a single claim flag will give you but you know limit everyone to a single claim flag so when everyone has built all their structures on their single claim and the entire map is a span of buildings all belonging to individuals and companies that the only islands with resources are the lawless ones and people will complain the game is useless and pointless as the big companies fight for those resources and start walling off those areas to stop people getting into them and farming. 

Like I said there is a growing issue with removing claims from people that have left or are inactive as well as issues with overlapping and only telling you the claim flag of the person closest to your claim flag when it go's down oh and lets not forget the whole six hour land steal issue caused by the system thinking they have zero flags despite the fact you are trying to take one off them and can possibly see a few others.

Most small companies have a few claims there are however some companies that have dropped claims all over the map wherever they can, again if you do not believe me go take a look at the polar regions, on EU PvE a few companies have dropped claim flags all over the islands there just so they can set a 30% tax rate on land and despite us seeing multiple flags for those companies when we attempted to contest one to get rid of it the timer said six hours.

The system has problems which most of us are aware of and it's not perfect but in my mind it is way better than the pillar/foundation spam that was used in ARK to "claim" land as belonging to someone. I have no doubt there are changes coming to the claim system but would it not be best to fix the bits that do not work before making a sweeping change to things like "how many flags people can use"?

Also remember this game is basically a PVP game at it's heart and sticking some arbitrary limit on how many claim flags you can place will seriously hamper the PVP land war that is the main thrust of the PVP game (or supposed to be).

i don`t have a solution and i don`t think that 1 clam per person is a smart thing. maybe the claim can be a skill? an upgedable one? I repet, i don`t have a solution but i`m awere of the problem. 

7 minutes ago, Scrad said:

the uproar was so much that they adjusted these map zones to have their very own rules for resource spawns in patch 10.79 (go look into it if you do not believe me).

I belive you. My base is in lawless...

8 minutes ago, Scrad said:

Also remember this game is basically a PVP game at it's heart and sticking some arbitrary limit on how many claim flags you can place will seriously hamper the PVP land war that is the main thrust of the PVP game (or supposed to be).

sorry but i have to disagree. the server is called PVE not PVP.

11 minutes ago, Scrad said:

Like I said there is a growing issue with removing claims from people that have left or are inactive as well as issues with overlapping and only telling you the claim flag of the person closest to your claim flag when it go's down oh and lets not forget the whole six hour land steal issue caused by the system thinking they have zero flags despite the fact you are trying to take one off them and can possibly see a few others.

overlapping is an other thing... an other problem that must be fixed....

11 minutes ago, Scrad said:

Most small companies have a few claims there are however some companies that have dropped claims all over the map wherever they can, again if you do not believe me go take a look at the polar regions, on EU PvE a few companies have dropped claim flags all over the islands there just so they can set a 30% tax rate on land and despite us seeing multiple flags for those companies when we attempted to contest one to get rid of it the timer said six hours.

you got the point. How to limit the possibility of this company to claim randomly any piece of land?

24 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Bear in mind, I won't care. I need two claims that i have, 3 are luxury i can have in current and proposed solutions. But if you think 1 claim per person will help you? Nope, it won't. And zergs would have field day claiming all the "now unprotected" land.
The only people who will trully benefit from this changes are said Zerg 500+ clans. 

totally agree with you. 1 claim per person is not a pratical solution. But still claiming is a problem, and must be fixed in an other way.

Pillars in ark flags In atlas , early players took grids close to free port  late players will need to travel further .

And tbo players are not trying hard enough we have had just this weekend new players find d abandoned areas 

Just because all u see on map is red blobs doesn't meant they are all active 

1 hour ago, Elrood said:

Think out solution which will survive against hundreds of very dedicated trolls and won't end in disaster if people will be greedy, jerks and obnoxious. So if people will be people. Assume every 1 out of 10 players is a jerk. Assume every 1 out of 10 players is a griefer. If you think your solution can solve that - than please write about it. 
This one I would love to hear about. 
But proposing stuff which will probably end with another disaster? Probably even bigger one? Imho not the best idea. 

1 hour ago, Scrad said:

So you are aware a small shipyard for sloop/schooner a large shipyard for brig/galleon and a building big enough to house crafting stations/forge and storage oh and lets not forget the secure area to put your gathering animals (so they don't get eaten by predators) takes up way more space than a single claim flag will give you but you know limit everyone to a single claim flag 

I'm not saying this is foolproof (Elrood), but I've been kicking around this idea for a while, so let's see if it can be patched back up after people are finished shooting holes in it.

This is a pve idea.  Pvp has an entirely different goal with claims.

First, limit claims to 1 per person.  Adjust the claim size so that works ok for most people.  Make the island interiors unclaimable  by individuals.

Some people always want to be the biggest and the best, even in a pve game, so what if being the biggest and best requires that you actually give up some of your land?  The devs have said there is some village/town/city/shop structure coming...so..let's say you want to have the first big city with lots of player run shops, commerce, etc.  What do you have to do?

Have some large number of people who have claimed land in one spot.

Sign a charter for a village and build it up through the ranks to city, each time, the individual claims get smaller and a couple of "common claims" start to grow.  By the time you're a city, individual claims are the size of a house and a small garden, and the common claims are where you put city shipyards, taming pens, farms shops, city buildings giving you administration over it all, fresh water fountain, town hall giving perks, etc.  Now each person doesn't need a huge chunk of land with everybody having their own shipyard, farms, taming, etc.    Maybe one of the common claims is meant to stay empty and reserve your resource spawns.

City does not equal Company.  You can have multiple companies in one city.  Claims should expire if no one has actually been in them in 2 weeks...20 days..something like that, and cities have to have an occupancy rate, so people have to take those claims or the city crumbles.  Cities have a number of shops, and the shops pay taxes to the city.  The city can use that money to buy perks, benefits and cosmetic improvements.

This means every time a group wants to advance in this way, they are shrinking their land base to gain that benefit, making more land available.  It keeps big groups from splitting up and spreading all over the map, because you need the numbers all in one place to do it.  (It would help if some of these islands were a little bigger, really)   It keeps people from spamming claims and wrecking resource spawns.

At some point, unless the game is a total flop, the servers will just run out of land altogether, and that would need to be addressed with either more islands or more servers, but that would be the case even if everything stayed as it is now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I'm not saying this is foolproof (Elrood), but I've been kicking around this idea for a while, so let's see if it can be patched back up after people are finished shooting holes in it.

This is a pve idea.  Pvp has an entirely different goal with claims.

First, limit claims to 1 per person.  Adjust the claim size so that works ok for most people.  Make the island interiors unclaimable  by individuals.

Some people always want to be the biggest and the best, even in a pve game, so what if being the biggest and best requires that you actually give up some of your land?  The devs have said there is some village/town/city/shop structure coming...so..let's say you want to have the first big city with lots of player run shops, commerce, etc.  What do you have to do?

Have some large number of people who have claimed land in one spot.

Sign a charter for a village and build it up through the ranks to city, each time, the individual claims get smaller and a couple of "common claims" start to grow.  By the time you're a city, individual claims are the size of a house and a small garden, and the common claims are where you put city shipyards, taming pens, farms shops, city buildings giving you administration over it all, fresh water fountain, town hall giving perks, etc.  Now each person doesn't need a huge chunk of land with everybody having their own shipyard, farms, taming, etc.    Maybe one of the common claims is meant to stay empty and reserve your resource spawns.

City does not equal Company.  You can have multiple companies in one city.  Claims should expire if no one has actually been in them in 2 weeks...20 days..something like that, and cities have to have an occupancy rate, so people have to take those claims or the city crumbles.  Cities have a number of shops, and the shops pay taxes to the city.  The city can use that money to buy perks, benefits and cosmetic improvements.

This means every time a group wants to advance in this way, they are shrinking their land base to gain that benefit, making more land available.  It keeps big groups from splitting up and spreading all over the map, because you need the numbers all in one place to do it.  (It would help if some of these islands were a little bigger, really)   It keeps people from spamming claims and wrecking resource spawns.

At some point, unless the game is a total flop, the servers will just run out of land altogether, and that would need to be addressed with either more islands or more servers, but that would be the case even if everything stayed as it is now.

First thing I see as a problem is shrinking claim - this means if I have big build (like base + pen + few supporting buildings) I run risk of losing some of it. 

But non the less I like it. Would have to be developed way more + it would be time consuming because you need additional stuff like new perk tree and graphics... But i like it.

Unfortunately you will run into the same problems game named Boundless had. What to do with people you don't want to have in town? What to do with people who get bored and start trolling common areas? Etc. Bad apples happened in every place and with big towns two or three such bad apples could wipe out a town making it too irritating to invest in it.

The lack of resources ? FFS you have means of travel don’t you, there is so many Islands out there is unreal, the issue and I do mean the issue that I personally deal with is I don’t have anything to call my own except the ship that stores everything else I’ve had to travel to gather, just like trapping or taming animals, to get certain ones I have to travel to find them, then and I do mean then I have to find a area that I can build a trap on since you can’t make a portable one, some areas may not have a option to build or the animals that I’m looking for but if everything goes to plan, I spend my time gaining one, then the only place I can keep it and my materials is on my boat, if everyone had to deal with the same stuff that those without land had to deal with you may have a different outlook once your ship got sank from a glitch or lagged out while being fired upon by ghost ships and losing everything, and I do mean everything you’ve worked for, you just might think different 

I will be honest, my company claimed more land then we typically live on because i need to farm materials...if someone else takes that land they can either 1) build on it blocking resources, or; 2) they will tax me through the roof to get trees...why would i not claim that land so i can farm materials and not worry about paying tax on resource or having someone block my resources? 

34 minutes ago, Malagos said:

I will be honest, my company claimed more land then we typically live on because i need to farm materials...if someone else takes that land they can either 1) build on it blocking resources, or; 2) they will tax me through the roof to get trees...why would i not claim that land so i can farm materials and not worry about paying tax on resource or having someone block my resources? 

and thats the problem right there with pve. The resources should respawn reasonably and you shouldnt need that much land, in pvp its a different matter as the land could result in a land seige but in pve no ones going to seige you, no one should be able to take the land while your active. Thus adding to the problem where 30k of the supposed 40k players that could be in the game (even if its lower lets assump for simplicity) cant even use land because the first 1k~10k got it all at the start, even if they stop playing it compounds the issuse that the land is untakable.

Or make it so you can only claim 1 area per person. If your company is 1 person then you can claim one area. And make it you can only build if you have claimed something 

On 1/13/2019 at 5:25 AM, Traven Guthrie said:

People waited to play, throwing hissy fits about a few days later to release, and so they missed the land rush. It sucks but that's the way it is. 

And I sailed through rubberbanding,  lag infested waters day 1 to claim the land I got for my company. So i earned it.

This makes me absolutely laugh out loud! I love "hissy fits" as a descriptor!

I'm not sure how you "earned it", because some of us logged in day one, created characters, and then the servers stopped responding for days. So you having to not compete against large amounts of the newly minted player base is what I guess you called "earned". Would it have been different if others weren't locked out? Maybe. I don't blame you for server issues. However, it may have changed the outcome and given you insight that others weren't lazy or late to the game and thus didn't have the same opportunity to "earn" a claim.

I'm not sure where I stand on the claim "fix" issue as of yet. I'm on lawless. We have plenty of resources, and even rain too. I can see both sides. I do agree with whoever said that people are sleeping on a claim and haven't logged in for days(I see they are removing people from Freeport and Lawless zones after 10 days of sleeping) keeping lands tied up. While this may not relieve the space/claim issue, it may help open up the lands and allow people to have land. Not sure what a good afk time frame would be... 20 days?

• Like 1