Sign in to follow this  
Bullet Force

Gliders Need To Be Nerfed

This isn't meant to be a game dominated by flyers like ARK was  but then they added this glider suit and you can be standing still on the ground, hit jump and then somehow you magically glide for 100m. It looks ridiculous not to mention is very much broken balance wise. Every time I see one of my team mates just jump on flat land and fly away like hes got a rocket on his back I lose my sense of immersion in the game. Add gravity to the gliders, we are not playing on the moon.

Edited by Bullet Force

Well they do lose speed after certain amond of distance flown and then just fall down>
PVP wise it realy easy to hit them and they aint much of a problem in my eyes.

Any damage and they fall out the air ... 

4 hours ago, Dragoon14th said:

the problem is that its almost impossible to defend against gliders when there no Anti air creature or guns.  

Just shoot at them with a pistol or a carbine. 

Honestly my response is:

1) Please don't remove gliders.    They're -fun-.    So much of this game's play is wasted walking and running and sailing from A-B, and this alleviates that a bit.

2) Agree that we need better anti-air, glider's should be limited in terms of assault power.    For my 2 cents I'd heavily buff Puckle guns, they're far weaker and lower range than a carbine, and you can't equip an npc with a carbine.   Just give them a great amount more range and do more damage to players in the air maybe?

Edit: And you need some kind of automated defense, just saying "Shoot them with a gun" implies someone is always on the lookout and ready at your base/harbor, which honestly isn't even true for the average alpha tribe (yes I'm in one).    It's fine for stopping them once the alarm goes out but it's nothing right now to climb a nearby cliff, glide into a harbor, and start causing some damage.

Edited by Migolcow

Gliders are a throw back to ARK's OP flying creatures. Atlas was meant to be a breath of fresh air, a different game that was not dominated by tamed dinos (that part is working) nor by flyers (this part isn't working). It is one thing to jump off a tall cliff and glide to the bottom but its another thing to jump on flat land and suddenly take off like a rocket gliding for a 100m or more. That part makes no sense.

The mechanics of the glider are the same as the glide suit in ARK and therefore just as broken. It is clear they have just ported over the code without even tinkering with it. The gravity pull while gliding seems to be very little which is odd considering how tiny the whole contraption is, with wings that small you wouldn't get far.

I will say this if they can implement Tamed animals such as Sea gulls or crows or vultures.   to be able to patrol the skys within your claim radius and make them target any enemy (non allied/company) gliders as in they only aggro to those things on first sight then I would be ok to having Gliders in.   AS it stands there no nothing that you cant do to gliders atm.   

The other thing would be to introduce weight with gliders such as if you are 10% or more over the weight while using a glider then your gravity setting would be turn up... as to pervent sky diving with enough firepower to take out an entire fleet at once.   you know something to fight back... For every PVP item you must provide counter agrument against it.  using pistol is not feasible if you have enough lag to miss all the dam time.    

2 minutes ago, Dragoon14th said:

I will say this if they can implement Tamed animals such as Sea gulls or crows or vultures.   to be able to patrol the skys within your claim radius and make them target any enemy (non allied/company) gliders as in they only aggro to those things on first sight then I would be ok to having Gliders in.   AS it stands there no nothing that you cant do to gliders atm.   

The other thing would be to introduce weight with gliders such as if you are 10% or more over the weight while using a glider then your gravity setting would be turn up... as to pervent sky diving with enough firepower to take out an entire fleet at once.   you know something to fight back... For every PVP item you must provide counter agrument against it.  using pistol is not feasible if you have enough lag to miss all the dam time.    

Some good suggestions but the key issue atm is the lack of gravity. The glider has tiny wings which in reality wouldn't get you very far. Even more ridiculous though is you can stand on flat land, jump 50cm in the air and suddenly you can glide for over a hundred meters. It's beyond stupid.

Yeah I like the idea of "the more weight you have the more drag on the glider" as a balancing tool, that way you can't have hundreds of pounds of grenades and mortar/foundation combos to set up.  

As much as i love gliders, you can literally just jump from a cliff and board any ship on your server, no matter where it might be. That's kinda stupid. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 12:07 AM, LaiTash said:

As much as i love gliders, you can literally just jump from a cliff and board any ship on your server, no matter where it might be. That's kinda stupid. 

This is no longer possible, if you land on an anchored ship you are dead.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

This is no longer possible, if you land on an anchored ship you are dead.

Wut? I thought it's only for PvE servers.

20 hours ago, LaiTash said:

Wut? I thought it's only for PvE servers.

No it is also fully implemented on PVP servers, i am on EU PVP

5 hours ago, Talono said:

No it is also fully implemented on PVP servers, i am on EU PVP

Wha... WHAT? I'VE JUST SPENT A WHOLE BLOODY DAY BUILDING A STUPID GARAGE BOX :skull:

The problem is people gliding naked onto ships with oil jars and a couple of fire arrows.... It's really pathetic tbh... There needs to be a nerf against naked players. You should have incentive to not try and pvp naked....

Edited by Brick

5 hours ago, Brick said:

The problem is people gliding naked onto ships with oil jars and a couple of fire arrows.... It's really pathetic tbh... There needs to be a nerf against naked players. You should have incentive to not try and pvp naked....

I agree with you, we spend hours building ships. for some guy naked with a glider and Flame Arrow, Oil Jar, explosive barrels destroys our fleet one morning.
the cancer player, that does that every day, we can not protect the ships against them, the port is well protected against the ships but not against the naked guy. wow

AS i stated Offliner protection : ships that are anchor have offline protection for two days and must move 100 yard after two days to regain the offline protection buff on their ship.   Its that simple.   If you cant move a ship in two fucking days then you deserve it being sunk.   a suggestion but who do i know DEVO knows it better then use DUR da durrrrr

Edited by Dragoon14th