Sign in to follow this  
3mptylord

Cooking Feedback

Issue 1: Raw Meat

It's really cumbersome trying to queue up a lot of food when the Raw Meat cooks before it can be used by the recipe queue. 

Could we do one of the following:

• Recipes now use Cooked Meat, just like they use Cooked Fish.
  • Cooking Meat is now a Recipe and doesn't automatically cook. 
  • Cooking Pot and Grill now use the Ship Storage feature, so I can just put more meat in to compensate for the issue. 

Issue 2: Salted Meat

Preserving Salt being both a the power source and an ingredient makes it awkward trying to store raw meat on voyages. Don't get me wrong, I super-appreciated that jerky doesn't take 30+ minutes to make like in ARK - but the downside of that is that it's consuming one salt every couple of seconds.

Could we do one of the following:

• Salted Meat no longer uses Salt as an ingredient (still requires the Preserving Bag to be "powered", though).
  • Salted Meat is now a recipe and doesn't automatically produce. 
  • The Larder now accepts salt to increase its spoil time or overall has a superior spoiling time - i.e. I don't need to use Preserving Bags for my food storage needs.

Issue 3: Storage 

As someone who has a large Company to feed, I would also appreciate if the Mess Larder and/or Preserving Bin used the Ship Storage feature. Coming from ARK, I love the low max-stack limit since people have a habit of just taking one stack and then wasting a lot of food by dying/logging out with it in their inventory. However, the down-side of low max-stacks means that you easily fill a storage container with relatively little actual food value (that is to say, just storing stacks of vegetables and meat has more total food value because 100 berries or 30 meat is more nutritious than 5 recipe items). 

As an aside, could we get a Withdraw 1 Stack option/hotkey for containers using Ship Storage feature? 

Issue 4: Maintaining Equilibrium

Company members, myself included, are finding it difficult to maintain vitamin equilibrium while using recipes. This is a compound issue:

• The amount of Food/Water that individual items provide can make it difficult to eat some of each vitamin without overeating.
  • Vitamins intake seem to spike relatively quickly and the buff is lost almost instantly, which encourages you to eat a variety of items quickly. 
  • Food/Water takes a while to "digest" (be added to your stats) meaning that you often don't know you've overeating until too late.
  • The amount of Vitamins gains per item seems wildly different.

Solving these problems is likely not possible with a single solution, given the multiple overlapping issues. Some possible solutions:

• Add a grace period to the Equilibrium Buff (e.g. "You have 30 seconds to improve your vitamin balance or you will lose this buff").
  • Provide better information about the amount of vitamins gained (e.g. "+20 Vitamin A and +20 Vitamin B" in the tooltip).
  • Have Vitamins be added to your stats more slowly, to match the speed of food/water intake. 
Edited by 3mptylord
  • Thanks 1