Sign in to follow this  
Rykuran

Claim Upkeep

Hi, I am pretty unsure as to how upkeep works, or what it even is. I've looked around and all I see is a lot of complaining here and there. Could someone give me a quick run down on what it is, and how I maintain it?... Thanks.

Theoretically, if you have been IN your claim and have been Active (I.E. online) you are safe from rival claims for three days from that point.  Anyone contesting your claim in that three day period should be automatically defeated, even if you happen to be offline at the particular time the rival claim is made. 

All I can say is, in practice... not so much.  People have lost their Claims under all sorts of odd circumstances, from being Active and then losing the Claim overnight to having logged into their Claim then setting off on a sailing expedition for resources and getting a message that they lost their Claim an hour into the journey.  It's not really fixed either, as far as I can gather, although not many people have reported it happening to them of late.

Anyone have more info?

Thanks for the response. I'll keep in mind the buggy nature. But that helps me understand the intended mechanics if the system.