Remove or severely nerf Alpha animals please! As it is now they just crush you and you have no way to fight back. I had 3 tamed bears following me when one alpha wolf attacked, it killed all the bears and only took about 1/20 of the health. If you shoot it with a carbine, it takes a good 50 shots at least for the low level alphas. The alphas are just plain stupid as it is in the game now.

It would make more sense to have a slightly stronger than normal animal, but it just has some other animals that stay in its pack.

Edited by Hetra

Completly agree,

Alfa's spawn are extremely common in Atlas. I think they should make them as common as in Ark, it meens one every 10000 animals or so.
Since that we settled on a tundra island we re constantly losing ower animals to alfas. We just lost 3 wolfs, 3 bears and a rhino to 2 alfa lions.

The wolfs and bears didnt stand a chance they all got killed in les then 5 sec.
So yeah, lost like 8h of gametime in less then 5 sec.

Doesn't sound like fun? Well... IT ISN'T!!

Please comment this topic so that the devs get notice of it and maybe change it.

Deaths.jpg

Agree, Alphas are a real pain ...

For me, it would be okay to have one or two alphas on an island, maybe in little caves and not strolling around and just wrecking everything.

The damage resist that alphas have is a bit excessive too.  Just had a level 172 alpha wolf take 15 ballista bolts to kill it.  (The ship ballista is the only thing I had available after being eaten 3 times on the beach.

I have dropped my suggestion on steam, but maybe they read here, make Alphas max level 50 so we can fight them with power. Alphas now are a bad design choice, they now can only be fighted using exploits and bugs.

Yes, a better control for Alpha's is needed.

I have my Home Server configurated for Animals beeing at max. LVL 30,
but there will still spawn Alpha's going way beyond. For ex. LVL 250...

On 1/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, Hetra said:

Remove or severely nerf Alpha animals please! As it is now they just crush you and you have no way to fight back. I had 3 tamed bears following me when one alpha wolf attacked, it killed all the bears and only took about 1/20 of the health. If you shoot it with a carbine, it takes a good 50 shots at least for the low level alphas. The alphas are just plain stupid as it is in the game now.

It would make more sense to have a slightly stronger than normal animal, but it just has some other animals that stay in its pack.

I totally agree! The island we are on spawns an incredible amount of alpha's. Just now my level 48 bear and myself both got oneshotted by a level 239 alpha wolf (that didn't have a glow around it btw). The day before yesterday an alpha wolf oneshotted our decent level elephant. There's no way one can even defend themselves against alpha's (especially the wolves, lions etc.) while out on an animal. Also, alpha horses are a pita, seeing horses get spooked by literally everything. If an alpha horse is nearby, it immediately starts attacking you if another horse gets spooked by whatever. Alpha animals currently are way too unbalanced, they need to be severely toned down!!!

Edited by KayaBorealis