Sign in to follow this  
Mortimer McMaron

Nazis in Atlas! Action against is needed!

1 minute ago, IsilithTehroth said:

How are You personally hurt by the holocaust? Did you sit in the camps? Were you subject to torment because of your religious belief? Did Jesus piss in your bagel-O cereal brand? 

Lol, I just said in the post I wasn't. 

Congratulations OP you are killing off any and all meaning in the word "racism". You are part of the reason no one takes that accusation seriously. "Racist" is no different than "libtard" these days. Just the brainless chant of a dogmatic idealogue.

Edited by TelFiRE
  • Like 1

Just now, MaxPower said:

lol wow, someone needs a history lesson. Columbus was dead for almost 100 years before the Spanish Armada was formed (and Columbus himself was Italian)... and its sole purpose was the invasion of England, not killing non-Christians. Horrible try. Think a little harder though and I'm sure you'll come up with another attempt to defend Nazi sympathy. 

Okay smart ass, you know that point that was being made!  The Spanish Navy and Hernan Cortez, among other Spanish Conquistadors did most definitely commit genocidal acts in the new world.  That was the point being brought up, and the nit picking here doesn't serve anything in regards too the point being made. 

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

lol wow, someone needs a history lesson. Columbus was dead for almost 100 years before the Spanish Armada was formed (and Columbus himself was Italian)... and its sole purpose was the invasion of England, not killing non-Christians. Horrible try. Think a little harder though and I'm sure you'll come up with another attempt to defend Nazi sympathy. 

I didn't correlate Christopher Columbus being in the Spanish armada. I merely used that as a proving point. As for Columbus himself he did many attrocious crimes hence the reason Native Americans were trying to get rid of the holiday. Next time read up on history some so you don't pick and choose which things You find offensive should be banned, but we all know you'll just label it as a Nazi anyways and then start riots and assaulting people who don't agree with you while wearing black articles of clothing to conceal your identity.

3 minutes ago, TelFiRE said:

Congratulations OP you are killing off any and all meaning in the word "racism". You are part of the reason no one takes that accusation seriously. "Racist" is no different than "libtard" these days. Just the brainless chant of a dogmatic idealogue.

And bye using the term Libtard how are you better then a rethuglican or wingnut....  in fact you crushed the point you were making bye demonstrating you have as much hate for another group as the person you are chastising.

9 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Lol, I just said in the post I wasn't. 

Which is the whole stance of SJW doctrine. Be outraged for others because YOU feel they are affected still and harmed; despite not being altered in the slightest. Yet you neglect or take no stance on the countless others that went through such attrocities. Where is your outrage for the Japanese-Americans that were in camps by Americans during WW2? People like yourself pick and choose which events to remember or forget when it serves your narrative and purpose.

Edited by IsilithTehroth

6 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

And bye using the term Libtard how are you better then a rethuglican or wingnut....  in fact you crushed the point you were making bye demonstrating you have as much hate for another group as the person you are chastising.

Because the context I was using it in was literally to denigrate those who use it unironically, but I suppose it was asking too much for you to be able to read. I literally said that the word libtard was "the brainless chant of a dogmatic idealogue."

The fact that you couldn't realize that and assumed I was using it as an insult, and then returned fire with your own idiotic insults, means you are obviously exactly the type of people I'm talking about. I should thank you for thoroughly proving my point.

Ignore listed.

Edited by TelFiRE
  • Haha 1

Wow, a thread with a bunch of people defending blatant Nazi references.  True, it could be a coincidence that he named his ship that way, but chances are anyone who either googled it or knows enough German to understand it also understands the reference.

"But Nazism doesn't exist anymore."  Really?   Pretty sure I watched on international news a parade of white supremacists marching through an American town waving Nazi flags, not too long ago.  Literally in this lifetime.  

The unfortunate reality is that those who defend it are most likely sympathizing with their view point.  Good luck convincing them that their beliefs are erroneous and awful.

"But it's just a game!"  Regardless of the venue or forum, it's still not okay.  And it's really disgusting that so many people seem to think so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IsilithTehroth said:

Which is the whole stance of SJW doctrine. Be outraged for others because YOU feel they are affected still and harmed; despite not being altered in the slightest. Yet you neglect or take no stance on the countless others that went through such attrocities. Where is your outrage for the Japanese-Americans that were in camps by Americans during WW2?

Maybe because me or my family has nothing to do with that? I think you're completely missing anything I'm trying to say here. I'm not offended by it, but I can understand others are. And because of the ruling on other games regarding the holocaust I can understand why OP made this thread. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TelFiRE said:

Because the context I was using it in was literally to denegrate those who use it unironically, but I suppose it was asking too much for you to be able to read. The fact that you couldn't realize that and assumed I was using it as an insult, and then returned fire with your own idiotic insults, means you are obviously exactly the type of people I'm talking about.

Hmmm your new edited version of the post makes far more sense as I now read something very different....  and I take back what I said!

Edited by Sulfurblade
  • Like 1

Decent people don't want to spend their leisure time surrounded by antisocial children yelling nasty things.  It's as simple as that.

If you think you'd get thrown out of a theater or restaurant for shouting something, then get prepared for people to be upset with you using it as your character name, naming your ship with it, or hearing you say it in chat.  Luckily Grapeshot agrees and has a code of conduct saying that.

Just because "it's a game", or "it's pirates", or "it's the internet" doesn't make it any different.  There are all kinds of people here - young, old (some old enough to be your grandparents), women and girls, gay people, straight people, and people of many different colors.  It doesn't take a SJW to expect that people have some basic manners in public.    I bet even the people doing this don't behave that way in public.  You're not in some frat house or little boys' club house where it's just you and your buddies.  You're in public.

Maybe your company enjoys being a bunch of antisocial snerts.  If so, I bet nobody minds what you say in company chat among yourselves.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

Decent people don't want to spend their leisure time surrounded by antisocial children yelling nasty things.  It's as simple as that.

Agreed, so to that end I'm adding you to my ignore list.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Yep, well said!

Unfortunately those antisocial children hate hearing it!  lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

The biggest problem with the gaming industry today, and highlighted perfectly by the responses in this thread, are the amount of incel alt-right racists that have inundated the community over the last 10-15 years. Now, I'm not one to be offended by things or report stuff like this in-game. These are just petulant children trying to get a rise out of people and are best ignored. There's a raft parked down the beach from me called "The *** Nog" and I can't be bothered to report it despite it obviously being a racist name. However, unlike some people here, I wouldn't think of defending such a name or saying it should be allowed if someone else WAS offended by it. Why? Because I'm not a whiny little racist that thinks such behavior is OK.

As for the topic at hand here, that's clearly a reference to a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. Just like a ship named the SS Auschwitz wouldn't be a reference to the original town the concentration camp was built in, that's not a use of the German word for a type of wood. Those are just excuses. Such offensive behavior is against the rules and should be dealt with. There isn't really much room for debate there. 

Columbus didn't intentionally exterminate six million people because of their religious belief and the Santa Maria isn't the name of a Nazi death camp. Seriously, how hard is that to understand? 

So everyone that doesn't agree with your attempted censorship is a "racist" and alt right and some other thing? I know free speech isn't popular in the EU but thanks for reminding us why everyone wants out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Came into this thread expecting sails with nazi swastikas, hitler, and/or company members using racist slurs.

Found instead someone that is literally complaining about a common use abbreviation in ship names used in conjunction with a ship named a single german word.  Jesus.  If I was them I'd tell you to get off your high horse and piss off.  You are saying we should ban every word connected to an atrocity, which is asinine.  

The holcaust was a horrible terrible thing but you do know you are playing a game where murder and pillage is common and where others can destroy your home and kill your friends while you are at work right?  Where you can lock other players in cages and set fire to them with fire arrows or cover them in lamp oil.  And than feed their remains to their pet wolf.  Where you can break into their home as they sleep and slowly murder them one by one and chuck their bodies in the ocean or just make a giant fire.

I really don't get some people.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mortimer McMaron said:

Sure... SS means Sailing Ship.... nice try. And Buchenwald is just a nice place to be? 

If a german player uses Words like Buchenwald an SS and even Germania together, it is clear what this means. 

Germania, was the Name of Hitlers SS Special Group and the wantetd name of his planned capital city. Buchenwald was a concentration camp to kill Millions of people. So if you think this is ok, i don't have any more words.

Ok, so now you are on deep water, Germania is a location aswell.

I say instead of censor everything it is better that it exists so that we may discuss it.
Becuase if we forget what happend we are about to repeat history. So it is more toxic trying to censor this then having people discuss it and what happend.

But that is just my opinion, you may now call me a nazi for allowing this. 

• Like 1

What i fail to understand reading all the posts of this thread is, if you don't have extremist views yourselves why turn this into a discussion about who is worst, Stalin, Hitler, or Columbus. What is being pointed out here is an obvious reference to a WW2 concentration camp and the fact that it is offensive. I agree that this is a topic that may be discussed to a certain extent, but this is turning into a political debate way beyond topic and some people here are starting to reveal their own political sympathies rather than debating the topic.

So, ON topic, first i'd say it would be very naive and/or apologetic to read the name of the ship as anything other than a reference to said concentration camp.

Second, does that make the gamers who made it nazis? Probably not. It is likely trolling or an attempt at humor, although potentially offensive to some and possibly in bad taste.

Third, the company name is most probably a reference to a well known somali politician and human rights activist, although they spelled it wrong. This further enforces the "trolling" thesis.

Lastly, if meant humoristic and as a prank, is the theme of 1940's nazism/fascism forbidden to make jokes about? 80 years..... too soon?

However, if the company behaves in a manner that makes them appear blatantly racist, or if they offend other players in general, I too would report them like I would report anyone else for the same reasons, at the very least if the offenses are repeated. Use the ticket system however, we don't really need to know if you like feminists or not or if you dislike stalin more than djenghis khan.... we just wanna be pirates

Edited by moostiiq

1 minute ago, moostiiq said:

What i fail to understand reading all the posts of this thread is, if you don't have extremist views yourselves why turn this into a discussion about who is worst, Stalin, Hitler, or Columbus. What is being pointed out here is an obvious reference to a WW2 concentration camp and the fact that it is offensive. I agree that this is a topic that may be discussed to a certain extent, but this is turning into a political debate way beyond topic and some people here are starting to reveal their own political sympathies rather than debating the topic.

So, ON topic, first i'd say it would be very naive and/or apologetic to read the name of the ship as anything other than a reference to said concentration camp.

Second, does that make the gamers who made it nazis? Probably not. It is likely trolling or an attempt at humor, although potentially offensive to some and possibly in bad taste.

Third, the company name is most probably a reference to a well known somali politician and human rights activist, although they spelled it wrong. This further enforces the "trolling" thesis.

Lastly, if menat humoristic and as a prank, is the theme of 1940's nazism/fascism forbidden to make jokes about? 80 years..... too soon?

However, if the company behaves in a manner that makes them appear blatantly racist, or if they offend other players in general, I too would report them like I would report anyone else for the same reasons, at the very least if the offenses are repeated. Use the ticket system however, we don't really need to know if you like feminists or not or if you dislike stalin more than djenghis khan.... we just wanna be pirates

As an american player all I see is a company named germania, a common ship name abbreviation, and some german sounding word not instantly associated with the holocaust.  Not very obvious at all unless you are already sensitive about it.

If you are an 80 year old holocaust survivor you have every right to complain and you have every ounce of my sympathy.  However you remind me of some customers I've gotten that call me a racist because I won't mark a tv down 20% because they are black and their people were considered second hand citizens many years ago.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

If you are an 80 year old holocaust survivor you have every right to complain and you have every ounce of my sympathy.  However you remind me of some customers I've gotten that call me a racist because I won't mark a tv down 20% because they are black and their people were considered second hand citizens many years ago.  

I'm an 80 year old holocaust surviv...... oh wait, I'll follow my own suggestion and stick to topic. To be cIear, I'm personally not offended. The fact that I feel the reference is obvious is the combination of player name, wordplay concerning multiple meanings of the abbrevation SS, and the word "Buchenwald" which to many, many europeans is best known as a concentration camp even if that's not the case in countries which didn't had their citizens sent there during WW2. Like I said, whether it was intentionally a reference can still be debated, but what an amazing coincidence it would be if these players are in fact germans and did this unknowingly....

So, by "you", were you referring to me? Because i certainly wouldn't call you a racist for not marking down a TV 20%, nor did I say it was obvious the players in question in this topic are in fact racist.

• Like 2

Wow triggered much? This isnt the place for reporting a person on this forum. Use it and go away- you are not saving anyone from anything here.

3 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Developers need to take a stand against BLATANT griefing,toxicity and obvious hate symbology! wald in this game are Trolls, most definitely!

No they don't, you Communist fuk.

35 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

No they don't, you Communist fuk.

Its odd how you have snipped out most of my post and left a portion there that doesn't make much sense! So I will post it in below in its entirety since you seem to be a fan!

Okay I will add my two cents to this conversation!

Developers need to take a stand against BLATANT griefing,toxicity and obvious hate symbology!

And Gamer's needs to grow a backbone and not cry foul anytime they can translate something into hate.

The Swastika <--- Is clear and obvious especially when Black on a White back ground with the red and black highlights of Nazi Germany.

However when you see it in Red and the legs are inverted then you need to step back and take a breath.  However this won't happen usually because there are NOT enough

informed members of society and any swastika no matter its origin will typically be banned on an online game and while it may not be fair to  hindu, jain, bengali and so many others that used this symbol stand for peace and prosperity.  I think sane people of those origins understand why the Less - Informed mass and there symbology often gets tied in with the Commonly recognized Icon for Hate.

Now lets transfer this concept of Commonly recognized hateful symbology into this thread!

Is Adolf Hitler commonly recognized as the man who caused all the atrocity's of World War II.  Yes

As such his name, his likeness should be treated much in the same was as the Swastika. 

But was Joseph Stalin COMMONLY recognized as a Mass murder on par with Adolf Hitler.  No he is not COMMONLY that way and is a perfect example of:

a Topic that Gamer's need to grow a backbone and not cry foul over.  

Now lets apply the logic to this thread specifically to the OP post.

SS - Is MOST commonly recognized as Steam Ship a Prefix that was given to most of all commercial shipping on the waters between the time of Nazi Germany and Now.

And when people see SS they will immediately think of a ship more times then not.  Was Gilligan and the Skipper secret Nazi police???  NOPE...

Now as for the Schutstaffel this is now another perfect example of the problem.

If you see a Lightning-bolt style SS then yes it most indeed raises to the level of the Swastika and Adolf Hitler for being a symbol of hate.  But you can't make that style of text in the game!  Not without an image, so if they did indeed make a custom image then there might be some credence to this argument but for the most part it falls under the category of gamers need to grow a back ground!

I ask the OP is he gets as upset over Games Using Panzer Lehr, 2nd Panzer Division, 3rd Panzer Division inside of there games!!!  Those are the three largest SS Divisions but again we can only hate what we know!  And most people don't know that...

As for names of Concentration camps this one is very iffy!  

The most well known camp that people will recognize the name of is Auschwitz in fact the OP compared Buchenwald to it because of the very issue that the other camps never garnered the same amount of Infamy for whatever reason.  So the OP knows very well himself that most people don't know about:

Buchenwald, Belzec, Chelmno, Dachau, Ebensee, Flossenberg, the list continues on...

So my message to the OP is grow a pair, you are at this point simply feeding the trolls.  Do I believe the people sailing the SS Buchenwald in this game are Trolls, most definitely!

Report them to the Dev's and move on. 

However at some point we have to draw the common sense line in the sand, and grow a backbone, if your smart enough to understand hidden hate messages then your smart enough to know they are wrong and to ignore them and not give them any power bye not recognizing them!!!

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Its odd how you have snipped out most of my post and left a portion there that doesn't make much sense! So I will post it in below in its entirety since you seem to be a fan!

You should learn that nobody reads walls of text - NOBODY!  Nobody!  Keep it short and master the art of forum trolling.