Ramtex

Ship Structure Limit config?

Does anyone know the config line for servers to increase structure limit on ships? 

I have tried PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=10.000000 in both game.ini and gameusersettings.ini but neither have made any difference, the structure limit on Galleons is DISMAL. I have a feeling ships don't count as 'Platforms' which is why that same line from ARK doesn't cut it.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:18 AM, Ramtex said:

Does anyone know the config line for servers to increase structure limit on ships? 

I have tried PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=10.000000 in both game.ini and gameusersettings.ini but neither have made any difference, the structure limit on Galleons is DISMAL. I have a feeling ships don't count as 'Platforms' which is why that same line from ARK doesn't cut it.

I can definitely confirm that the above config absolutely does not work. Neither does the older hard-code limit from ARK. I would LOVE to know the answer to this issue, because I 100% agree - the galleon limit is absolutely awful, you can't even come CLOSE to manually filling all 5 decks - much less if you build an extra bottom deck manually and a housing up top. Galleon's ought to have build limits in the several hundreds, not force us to make them just empty shells with no decoration at all. 

• Like 2

There should be a 7th "Large Deck" snap point for the Hold Deck at the bottom. This deck should be only 1 item, not the "!#$%@" 60+ pieces in needed to make a floor on the bottom. I have hit my limit on the Brig and still need ladders on the masts, which is going to be multiple pieces.

The Item limit seems to be the same no matter how big the ship is. it should be scaled based on the size of the ship. I seriously doubt the Sloop or Raft are going to come close the the current limit. and I would need to work really hard to reach it with the schooner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

There should be a 7th "Large Deck" snap point for the Hold Deck at the bottom.

Agreed. There's room enough for QUITE the large deck down there. I started there and built my way up, not realizing the structure limit was so low. So many hours wasted. I ragequit for like half a week >.>

On 1/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, Twenty7 said:

Perhaps levelling the ship up increases the structure limit

I can confirm this does NOT work. Thanks for trying though. Still an ongoing issue. 

I have spent a lot of time testing in this area and ships appear to be a new "class" but somehow tied to "dinos" from ark.  This due to the dinomax xp you can change to get more levels on a ship (up to 72 max).  I suspect they have hardcoded some things at this point or we just have not been able to get the class names.  I know that many people have asked Jat on twitter and in discords and I haven't seen any answer or progress.

So my theory is that some of this information is hardcoded and they may change that in the future but admitting it now would just get them lots of pressure to change it when they are just trying to get things stable. 

All this said, when the devkit comes out HOPEFULLY this week as they said we will either get correct class names to override in settings or mods can be made to change this.  

• Like 1

ok so i went to  atlas\ShooterGame\Saved\A1\Config\WindowsServer (we have 2x2 grid) so had do it in all the Saved config's and added PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=5.000000 we now have a galleon fully loaded with 80+ cannons sails rooms,storage,smithy looms tannery so this dose work. without hitting structure limit, weight limit is different thing 

Edited by SpankyDruid

2 hours ago, SpankyDruid said:

ok so i went to  atlas\ShooterGame\Saved\A1\Config\WindowsServer (we have 2x2 grid) so had do it in all the Saved config's and added PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=5.000000 we now have a galleon fully loaded with 80+ cannons sails rooms,storage,smithy looms tannery so this dose work. without hitting structure limit, weight limit is different thing 

I had my limit set to 10, then bumped it up to 20 when I'd hit the limit and it still wouldn't let me place more. I dont think this works..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xXIvIercenaryXx said:

i dont believe numbers that high even worked on ark....

They dont! Thats why Im asking for the line to config numbers to work that high!

BUT, I dont think the x10 even worked anyway as my galleons are pretty on the outside, but hollow on the inside 😞

my point is, that number is too high, try a lower number?

I did. Tried 2.5, then 5. Neither made any difference. I think the points been made that line from ARK doesnt translate to ships on ATLAS.

where are you placing the setting?

are you placing it in the individual grid configs or?

My server only has one grid. Ive tried game.ini and gameusersettings.ini, just to be sure.

4 hours ago, Ramtex said:

I had my limit set to 10, then bumped it up to 20 when I'd hit the limit and it still wouldn't let me place more. I dont think this works..

it deffo dose work i can show u a fully pimped out galleon with as much stuff on it as i want to place^ and high number? can you guys not see the . in it ? this is where it should be

settings.jpg

Edited by SpankyDruid

I suspect it may only affect ships created after the change and won't change previously existing ships.

We really need this limit sorted out!

After doing some testing it appears possible that All ships may have the same limit!?

Maybe someone else can test on their server to verify, but we just stacked a crazy amount of items onto a Brig and never reached the limit message.

We have tried increasing the PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier to 1.5 and 1.25 and the Galleons remained stuck at max, so I would concur this setting is not doing the trick for us.

It would be great to get an official word on this - has anyone found a way to force it higher yet? Save file edits? Hope there is a way or one forthcoming to do so!

On 1/17/2019 at 2:11 AM, SpankyDruid said:

it deffo dose work i can show u a fully pimped out galleon with as much stuff on it as i want to place^ and high number? can you guys not see the . in it ? this is where it should be

settings.jpg

Screen shot of the ship? its not that i dont believe you its just that i errr dont believe you 😄