Sign in to follow this  
Angrytango

Taming on Atlas is animal cruelty !!!

1 hour ago, Angrytango said:

Actually I pick and choose what I kill in the game. There are animals and human NPCs that I just don't kill. Rational adults can decide on morality even in a video game. As for killing other players, in PVP no problem. That is what it is intended for. Apparently you don't like it when others voice an opinion other than yours.I started the post and simply stated that  I find the taming distasteful and not very immersive. Evidently, you like beating animals. It's all good bro. That's just you I guess. 

Eh less that people like the mechanic more that people don't think arguing the morality of it is gonna win you a medal, especially adding in PETA to the mix.  It's a fantasy game where we kill or be killed by 90% of the animals that we see.  If you want to argue the mechanic being poor and needing some changes to make it better I'll agree all day long, but making an attempt to argue morals in a game where anyone on the planet can join and have an opinion is just gonna mean your in for a bad time.

Tip: Not every person shares the same moral compass.

1 hour ago, Angrytango said:

Actually I pick and choose what I kill in the game. There are animals and human NPCs that I just don't kill. Rational adults can decide on morality even in a video game. As for killing other players, in PVP no problem. That is what it is intended for. Apparently you don't like it when others voice an opinion other than yours.I started the post and simply stated that  I find the taming distasteful and not very immersive. Evidently, you like beating animals. It's all good bro. That's just you I guess. 

Oh no. You don't get of that easy.

You linked  the PETA logo, an organization known for animal extremism.  You can't sit here and say you have no problem simulating the murder of humans and THEN turn around and say that simulating the beating of AI controlled penguins is 'distasteful.' Because NOW, I get to throw Amnesty International at YOU!

AMNESTY-INTERNATIONAL.jpg

People like the mechanic, huh? Really. Taming in this game is absurd. Period. Even for puppy kickers like you. Clearly the PETA thing was not to be taken LITERALLY. If there were no line or morals at all because it is a game then will it be okay to kill kids in the game once they are added in with the breeding?  Does it mean that since it is a video game and not real that anything goes?

It is clear that since you have no morals, arguing with you is definitely a bad time. I am sure you have some kittens to drown or something. So best get to it.

Tip: Not everyone HAS a moral compass. 

To Jean, whatever 🙂 :classic_biggrin:

Clearly you didn't read, I never said I liked the mechanic at all.  I said arguing the morals of the issue is going to be a bad time all around.  You did not mention a damn thing about whether or not the mechanic was bad or what you wanted to see improved.  But since you want to just sit here and toss insults there is no real point continuing a conversation with you.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Angrytango said:

People like the mechanic, huh? Really. Taming in this game is absurd. Period. Even for puppy kickers like you. Clearly the PETA thing was not to be taken LITERALLY. If there were no line or morals at all because it is a game then will it be okay to kill kids in the game once they are added in with the breeding?  Does it mean that since it is a video game and not real that anything goes?

It is clear that since you have no morals, arguing with you is definitely a bad time. I am sure you have some kittens to drown or something. So best get to it.

Tip: Not everyone HAS a moral compass. 

Now you're making assumptions. I did not ever state that I liked the system or that I promoted cruelty to animals.  I have not commented either way on those subjects.  What I am doing is trying to offend YOUR confused sense of morality where beating humans is fine but beating penguins is disturbing.

9 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Oh no. You don't get of that easy.

You linked  the PETA logo, an organization known for animal extremism.  You can't sit here and say you have no problem simulating the murder of humans and THEN turn around and say that simulating the beating of AI controlled penguins is 'distasteful.' Because NOW, I get to throw Amnesty International at YOU!

AMNESTY-INTERNATIONAL.jpg

Let me ask you a question? If a school shooter is shooting up the place would you be preaching Amnesty International at the armed guard that's about to kill him? Because I teach martial arts and I have students that are in this line of work Protect and server and that also goes for Animals protect and server.

7 minutes ago, Tobekan said:

It's a video game.

With a really really bad taming system. I mean to have children is there going to be rape? 

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Let me ask you a question? If a school shooter is shooting up the place would you be preaching Amnesty International at the armed guard that's about to kill him? Because I teach martial arts and I have students that are in this line of work Protect and server and that also goes for Animals protect and server.

I think you missed a few posts there. That was a wake-up call directed at someone with mixed moral convictions.  I have not stated my moral beliefs anywhere.

And to be quite honest, I am a martial artist. So yup... I recognize that sometimes people need a beating. And now I am speaking of real life. Not a game. 

Unfortunately, it is the world we live in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angrytango said:

That's pvp ding bat. You are intentionally being obtuse. 

LOL, no... just making sure you know which way your moral compass is pointed.

Dark and Light had a much more elegant system, with the Tether Arrows. The way the animals drained Stamina pulling against the Tether lines just felt right. It's a pity they didn't go for that or just use nets or something seeing as people seem to not like pretend violence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angrytango said:

And to be quite honest, I am a martial artist. So yup... I recognize that sometimes people need a beating. And now I am speaking of real life. Not a game. 

Unfortunately, it is the world we live in. 

“You see, I have a policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it.” - Taylor Mali

I'm not a fan of the Atlas system either.  Not because of the abuse part (so you never kill any animals in game for their meat, bones, or skin??  Do you shed a tear then?). But mainly because it's a clunky system I don't connect with.   I much prefer arks system of tranqing and keeping sedated while you feed them.  My favorite is the mod mentioned earlier where you have to feed them till they are yours.  Especially on the KOS tames where you had to shoot a bait arrow from a distance to start winning their trust.  It was challenging and fun at the same time.  That's the system I wish they had here.

Edited by Dorf
  • Like 3

Well, thank God for that!  What have I done without you all these years?  I have no confusion and my compass is calibrated fine. Thanks for your concern. 

1 minute ago, Angrytango said:

Well, thank God for that!  What have I done without you all these years?  I have no confusion and my compass is calibrated fine. Thanks for your concern. 

Felt guilty when you saw a picture of a seal clubbing?  No sweat dood, glad to help.

11 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

“You see, I have a policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it.” - Taylor Mali

Failing to see your point... 

19 minutes ago, Angrytango said:

That's pvp ding bat. You are intentionally being obtuse. 

With this logic, PVE would mean the killing and beating of animals... since animals are you know part of the environment.

10 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Next thing you know the tree huggers will post people in Atlas level a forest lol.

SAVE THE ATLAS WHALES!

Greenpeace-logo.png

Edited by Jean Lafitte