Swap2018

Claim territory company

It's time to make one thing about the claim system ... Limit the number of claim by one company or anything i don't now but all the isle is claimed... We have visit i anymore isle and doesn't find any terrutory to claim.... it kills the game when it is really cool and we would like advanced.. Really annoying!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swap2018 said:

It's time to make one thing about the claim system ... Limit the number of claim by one company or anything i don't now but all the isle is claimed... We have visit i anymore isle and doesn't find any terrutory to claim.... it kills the game when it is really cool and we would like advanced.. Really annoying!

show a screenshot of the atlas map , show us all how many places u have visited , all these players saying nowhere to claim , show us 

shows us a screenshot of your atlas map with the places u have visited , if you have been to every grid and every island and are still saying the same then yes there is a problem , if u dont land and check claim flags them how do u know there are no spots , u cant tell that just from red blobs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, UDO said:

show a screenshot of the atlas map , show us all how many places u have visited , all these players saying nowhere to claim , show us 

shows us a screenshot of your atlas map with the places u have visited , if you have been to every grid and every island and are still saying the same then yes there is a problem , if u dont land and check claim flags them how do u know there are no spots , u cant tell that just from red blobs 

why? its not hard to understand that all land has been claimed by now, watch a few streams and you'll see for yourself why lawless is a cluster f atm because of it, also people who leave means land stays theirs since there sleeping there etc

Edited by Sketch

Yes many people poured into this "failed" game.  You really expect land to be waiting for you now? Of course it is all claimed.  I don't know what country you live in but I know if I came there and demanded even a 5m3 square of land that i didn't have to pay for to call my own, i would get laughed out of your borders. Don't know why people expect that in this game.

Oh you paid for the game and that entitles you to land?  False. You paid for the opportunity to claim a chunk of this world, just LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. You still have that opportunity! But since you slept in, you will have to work for it a bit harder.

But by all means. limit the number of flags to one per person, my 25 man company will go from 15 flags to 25, and have even more territory. Just so all the solo heroes out there don't stuff in and keep important resources from spawning. You are asking to make the game worse.

@Traven Guthrieonly thing i got to say about that is the this is not PVP, and i started from the 1st hr of the game release had 2 small spots and 1st was taken over rihht away cause they didnt have any protection 2nd even with the protection was taken over and demolished when i was sleeping. And now been searching/asking for a coastal piece for over 100 hr lost 2 ships to griefers and you wanna tell me this BS of a claiming system works for PVE you need to have your head checked.. 

The idea behind it is fine, really. In your case (and a few of our claims) the system did not work properly as designed.  But,  its EA. We actually expect this stuff to happen. We expectto lose claims, ships and the like.

Im well aware this is not PvP, but this type of game cannot be completely PvP free, unless you play singleplayer on your own server.

But by all means resort to attempting to insult me. Proves you dont really have an argument.

6 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

And there is me trying to rent land taxfree and noone wants it because crocodiles spawn on the island :classic_dry:

Yeah those crocs are terrible. just tiring having to deal with them all day. we have wolves ALL THE TIME.  Animal spawns need tweaking.

We are renting out land  at 20% tax rate but I dont really see how the tax affects renters, outside of the normal harvesting tax that anyone has while in our territory.

Problem is everyone want to be solo and not rent etc, when its a major foundation of this game. Rule your lands etc...

Edited by Traven Guthrie

You can either rent at this point or try to find sth on a lawless. Thats the problem when you are late to a game that bases on claiming territory

Edited by TiiaAurora
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

you wanna tell me this BS of a claiming system works for PVE you need to have your head checked.. 

Also even on pve removal of the claim system would make every island look like lawless and you see how nice those areas are...

Just now, Traven Guthrie said:

Also even on pve removal of the claim system would make every island look like lawless and you see how nice those areas are...

Same if you limit to 1-2 flags. stuff would be cluttered. not everyone would be able to have a shipyard. no ressource spawns anymore etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiiaAurora said:

Same if you limit to 1-2 flags. stuff would be cluttered. not everyone would be able to have a shipyard. no ressource spawns anymore etc. 

OMG!  Sooo refreshing to hear someone else that actually understands this!

you talk about lawless but with the claim system you cant build in areas you havnt claimed so i dont see a problem with 1 claim per person most peopel want coastal area not f middle of the island , so crying about resource spawn is braindead ... 

and the building on other peoples land on PVE , i dont even want to get started on how bad it is you cna get kicked out of it any time of the day losing all your progress cause the land owner felt like it or needed some materials.... 

/facepalm. Im not the one crying here.

See my other posts about this. My company is completely ready for this. limit us to 1 flag per member and we will claim 25 flags and take more territory. You request to make things worse for yourself and then call me brain dead.

2 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

and the building on other peoples land on PVE , i dont even want to get started on how bad it is you cna get kicked out of it any time of the day losing all your progress cause the land owner felt like it or needed some materials.... 

Then that is your choice.  We have renters and because we manage the resources we control theres no reason for us to take their stuff. Vet the people you rent from and only do business with people that are reasonable. Or join a company like us and have access to prime land without taxes. 

take it then go take your 25 flags already i dont care if you gonna do it or not but it would fix this game that has companies of 3-5  having over 20 flags on covering whole islands . 

you knwo how many tundra islands ive been with only 8 players total and 0 room to take any place .... 

over 45 ... 

Don't disagree with the fixing of claims, it is somewhat broken, but sometimes, you just gotta find the right spot and ask. We have given people spots on our island, all you have to do is ask. And if they are toxic, move on, and just keep swimming 😛

6 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

take it then go take your 25 flags already i dont care if you gonna do it or not but it would fix this game that has companies of 3-5  having over 20 flags on covering whole islands . 

An exaggeration. Ive been to over 50 islands and I have not seen this. It certainly isn't like this on any of the grids near me.  You try to make it sound like its the norm but it isnt. there are for sure a few areas like this, but its an exception not the rule.  And 3-5 people covering 20 flags is not sustainable. either they grow into it or it will get taken as they will tire of it eventually.

Issue this game has is overcrowding. Ive had over 100 people come to my land and attempt to steal or negotiate for land. If all of them succeeded and there was one flag for every company as you are advocating for, islands would be cluttered with bases and shipyards and look just like lawless does now.  the solution is singleplayer or new server, not overhaul of a fundamental mechanic of the game.

Edited by Traven Guthrie

The claim system is just badly designed.

2 hours ago, Traven Guthrie said:

Yes many people poured into this "failed" game.  You really expect land to be waiting for you now? Of course it is all claimed.  I don't know what country you live in but I know if I came there and demanded even a 5m3 square of land that i didn't have to pay for to call my own, i would get laughed out of your borders. Don't know why people expect that in this game.

Oh you paid for the game and that entitles you to land?  False. You paid for the opportunity to claim a chunk of this world, just LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. You still have that opportunity! But since you slept in, you will have to work for it a bit harder.

People expect that because this is a game, not a real country in the real world.  Did that even need pointing out?  If you play Risk you conquer territory with little blocks.  I don't know what country you live in, but my country does not conquer territory with little blocks!!!!1!!!

From the point of view of Grapeshot, that's a terrible selling point for new players.

From the point of view of anyone who had a week's worth of serious issues playing at the beginning, it's a fairly selfish remark.

From the point of view of someone who did actually manage to claim land and then got hit with the claim bugs and got overlapped and/or had a wonky timer, and lost a claim multiple times, it looks like you don't understand the issues with claims.

Any system that makes you rent a piece of land from some luckier person and then lets that person just kick you off it after you've built stuff for weeks is stupid.  But there's no way to make the rental system unstupid.  It's either going to be unfair to renters or landlords.

Claim sizes need to be big enough to avoid cluttering, and players need to be restricted in the number of claims.  Companies and alliances need to be able to band together to expand claims by some mechanism of leveling up villages/towns/cities as a group.

You post looks like a classic case of "I got mine, screw you."

I'm glad my little simile of land taking amused you.   The reaction you had to it is exactly the same I had to people expecting to just have land waiting for them at the first island they sailed to weeks into the game. So my point was well stated and did its job.

We fully understand the claim bugs. we dealt with it every day until it got fixed. We fought for the land we claimed. we lost some to those bugs and issues.

The game worked on day one. I'm sympathetic to those that had issues, but many threw a fit because the game was delayed and many said they were delaying buying. i have a feeling that thats the majority of people crying now. So in a sense they made their own bed.  My nothing special computer and nothing special internet got me in, everyone I play with got in without much issue. Yes freeport was lag and rubberband fest but we persevered through it anyway.  So, I don't see why anyone else had issues that wasn't due to something on their end.  Why should I be punished for that? I even gave up a decent amount of land to people who were decent enough to come negotiate. usually gave it away for nothing.

Renting and claim ownership was planned in the game from before launch. it was in the description. Now you hate on us because we are playing the game it was meant to be played. You cant be a tyrant as the description says if the game forced you to be fair. That's what makes fair land owners like me stand out.  Again, it was in the description from before launch so to expect anything otherwise is unrealistic.

My posts are not "screw you i got mine".  people are advocating for the removal of claims altogether (which would be very bad for everyone)  or limiting claims to 1 per person (which only hands even more power to the larger groups) and I'm simply sharing my views on it as well. I'm sorry people cant handle that and feel the need to attack me, claim i don't understand, call me selfish etc.  Selfish?  I run a town that is set to personal structure ownership preserving rich resource land for not only the use of the people in my company but my neighbors and allies, with an almost open invite to people that wanted to join our little community which asks nothing from them except they follow a few rules of decency. But sure I'm selfish.

And yes, maybe the literal hundreds of people like you that have shown up on our shores demanding that I demolish flags, being outright vulgar and insulting without even a hint of diplomacy have jaded me to your cause a bit.

In addition to the current system I'd like to see repairs needed for claim flags. Spend resources to actually restore the protection timer. Everything else needs some upkeep, might as well add the flags too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Traven Guthrie said:

Renting and claim ownership was planned in the game from before launch. it was in the description. Now you hate on us because we are playing the game it was meant to be played.

No it wasn't.  Well, it may have been planned (badly), but here's the description:  Stake your claim in this endless open world as you conquer territory, construct ships, search for buried treasure, assemble forts, plunder settlements and hire crew to join your powerful growing armada.   The description said nothing about the first players staking a claim and the rest just having to rent a spot from them.  Renting wasn't even a thing until a recent patch.  And to be clear, nobody is hating on you  we just don't like the claim system.

50 minutes ago, Traven Guthrie said:

I'm sympathetic to those that had issues, but many threw a fit because the game was delayed and many said they were delaying buying. i have a feeling that thats the majority of people crying now. So in a sense they made their own bed.  My nothing special computer and nothing special internet got me in, everyone I play with got in without much issue. Yes freeport was lag and rubberband fest but we persevered through it anyway.  So, I don't see why anyone else had issues that wasn't due to something on their end.  Why should I be punished for that? I even gave up a decent amount of land to people who were decent enough to come negotiate. usually gave it away for nothing.

You're not sympathetic though.  If you have a look through the earliest forum entries you can see it wasn't people who delayed buying the game, and that many many people had all sorts of issues making it unplayable for them.  You feel that since you did fine, everyone else must be lying or it was their fault.  You feel that people are hating on you and want to punish you.  They just want a claim.  The same as you got.      I feel that all the players in the game ought to have the same chance to have a small claim and build it up.  You feel that it would be a punishment to you if claims were made available to those that had problems and new players starting out months from now.  How on earth is that a punishment to you?

1 hour ago, Traven Guthrie said:

My posts are not "screw you i got mine".  people are advocating for the removal of claims altogether (which would be very bad for everyone)  or limiting claims to 1 per person (which only hands even more power to the larger groups) and I'm simply sharing my views on it as well. I'm sorry people cant handle that and feel the need to attack me, claim i don't understand, call me selfish etc.  Selfish?  I run a town that is set to personal structure ownership preserving rich resource land for not only the use of the people in my company but my neighbors and allies, with an almost open invite to people that wanted to join our little community which asks nothing from them except they follow a few rules of decency. But sure I'm selfish.

The OP wasn't advocating for removal of claims.  I don't like that idea either.  I think we need to limit claims and maybe have a company cap for the really big companies.

The OP was just sharing his views too, as are the rest of us.  It's nice that you run a town.  The rest of us would like the same opportunity to do that too, whether we started day one with no issues or bought the game 6 months out.  It's hard not to use the word selfish when you get to do something in the game that many other people aren't getting the chance to do,  and you're against any changes to let them play that bit of the game as it was advertised.  (Even if it wouldn't hurt you one bit for them to get a chance to claim land)

1 hour ago, Traven Guthrie said:

And yes, maybe the literal hundreds of people like you that have shown up on our shores demanding that I demolish flags, being outright vulgar and insulting without even a hint of diplomacy have jaded me to your cause a bit.

People like me?  I'm neither rude nor vulgar, and I'm happy in Lawless for the moment.  Although, we had been starting to get a pretty decent group of solos and small companies there for a while, and it would have been nice to be able to say, "Hey, let's all go look for some land together and start a town".    And although there are vast amounts of empty land, it's all claimed, so there's no chance of that.  It's not ending well..we have a griefer company there now, and some of the people have moved away, and chances are good the old gang won't meet back up again anywhere.  

I've seen some jerks in the game too.  A lot of them at times.  I'm sorry they keep you from discussing ideas for game mechanics sensibly.  It's best just to ignore them or report them if they're breaking the code of conduct.

I would say that I am discussing this sensibly.  Every person advocating for removal, harsh limiting or wipes is advocating for a world that is worse.  10,000 towns of one would not be a good thing in this world due to resources that wouldn't be there if you jammed people into these sometimes tiny islands.  The MAJOR majority of people that have come have been solos that want to build a home, a taming pen and a shipyard, maybe a farm.  So imagine if you can if all 100 people that came to our island were allowed to do just that via making it to where each person and company had ONE claim. 100 shipyards and bases stuffed into every conceivable corner. no resources anywhere because people could and would come in and build anywhere they could. I would say my argument on this is pretty sensible.

The town that I am privileged to lead is not mine, it belongs to the 20 something and growing people who have persevered through many trials. i lead it because I bridge gaps and work WITH people to make it a reality. NO ONE works FOR me.  Land is finite. There is simply not enough  of it to have every solo build their own town. Solo players should have access to some form of single player.  But every person can have a part of their own town if they would just get over their antisocialness.

In order for claims to be made available to every new player for years to come in a world with finite land the devs would have to strip land from players who aquired it through the games normal means.(or they admit that the server isnt big enough for the player base and open a new one) If you owned this land that they stripped from you would that not seem like a punishment?

And the rental thing I was speaking of this section of the description that has been there since day one:

Form a company, claim territory and apply taxation and behavior rules to that which you own: be a benevolent governor, a feudal lord, or a ruthless dictator. 

If thats not explaining a land ownership system with rental in mind I dont know what is. And you cant be a ruthless dictator with a system that forces fairness.

Edited by Traven Guthrie

land claims and rental system make no sense when players arent your enemy and it creates the problem of forcing peeps to go claim land in pve as if they were pvping. pve should have a seperate system for the 2 modes, claiming works in pvp minus issuses, but it has no place in pve.