Sign in to follow this  
Glex

PISTOLS DO NO DAMAGE, ALPHA'S ARE UNKILLABLE WITHOUT FIRE ARROW.

Why nerf pistols when the reload takes days. Make the game fun and reduce the reload at least, bring the fun back by just letting people shoot more, that simple, let some people tech into a gunslinger build. Fire arrow has been meta since launch and it's the only thing that can still kill anything. I put 20 shots of my carbine on a alpha snake and it didn't die. this game is hilarious for PVP and PVE is probably a joke too. Have fun reloading two pistols, they don't even realize they are reloaded sometimes too. Add a skill to shoot a couple more times it is so bad right now.

• Like 1

Early access, brah™

But seriously, though -- the current state of weapon balance is fairly ridiculous. It should never, under any circumstances, take 20+ rifle bullets to take down an animal, even if it has the word "alpha" in front of its name. As for fire arrows, they're overpowered due to the fact that they deal percentage-based damage that bypasses any and all resistance values (armor), whereas every other weapon in the game deals "flat" damage and is subject to resistance modifiers. It's really quite befuddling that Grapeshot hasn't realized or figured this out, and it's equally befuddling that firearms had to be further gimped in PvE for the sake of PvP balance in patch 10. It's also unclear as to why melee hasn't received a direly-needed buff. 

Life is full of mysteries, I suppose. I'm more or less resigned at this point. 🙄

Only problem with fire arrows is that it does lot of damage when you shoot them on the ground and mob is standing on them
but you wont get XP from it  (sometimes atleast). 

Watching anyone trying to fight using a gun and have to jump about while reloading as the other player just spam shots fire arrows at the player and more so just on the ground... its painful to watch, let alone play through it (if you are the player trying to reload through the fire spam, that is)

If you don't really want to change the system v fire overly much, maybe a short cool down between fire arrows? idk just something to give those who want to use guns, a chance at least. heh.

Edited by Liatni