Sign in to follow this  
Amoebozoa

Lost crew and animals not showing up in company log?

The topic is a bit weird, but a few days ago, my company lost a ship that we ..Uhm.. Ran into an iceberg... With it we lost a penguin and two crew members, now we got the ship show up in our logs, and we respawned and got working on a new ship.

So two days later, we got a new ship and started heading back to the place where we lost it, we were expecting to find the ship per se, but we were hoping to grab our penguin and crew, since nothing in the logs had mentioned them being dead.

This is another zone, but after going around every single iceberg around the isle, we were unable to find either the crew or the penguin anywhere, so we kind of just assumed they have died or been taken over by someone else, but is there no notification for losing a crew if they are in another zone? Since we have gotten no log reports about them dying, nor the penguin.

Anyone had anything similar? I don't know if the ship wreck simply despawned in the patch or something, but that was at least not something we could find.

Sorry if this is a late reply, but your post came up on a google search I did because I too lost crew members that I bought at a freeport.

3 of them on a lower deck on my ship were no longer there when I logged back in one day, 6 on the top deck are still there happily minding their business.  They were all sweeping the deck duty.  Not sure why they are gone, nothing in the log.

We were out killing whales just for the fun of it yesterday and found a bear just floating in the middle of the sea in D2. It did not show any ownership and was immediately claimable. We rescued the poor guy and filled his belly full of berries. 

I think there are still a ton of ship glitches where things just "fall off" or through the ship. We slid off the back deck made of raised walls and ceilings multiple times while fighting the whales and just drowned ourselves and respawned on the ship. I believe it does have something to do with anything made with walls and ceilings desynching with the actual ship and deck.

Half walls are especially terrible. We ended up having to destroy and rebuild an entire section of a Galleon in the back because we used a few half-walls for height. Anything around those half-wall glitched out.

So in saying that, until they figure out what's going on, I'd say keep your ships as simple as possible to mitigate the risk of losing NPC's and animals.

1 hour ago, Phoenix69 said:

Sorry if this is a late reply, but your post came up on a google search I did because I too lost crew members that I bought at a freeport.

3 of them on a lower deck on my ship were no longer there when I logged back in one day, 6 on the top deck are still there happily minding their business.  They were all sweeping the deck duty.  Not sure why they are gone, nothing in the log.

If your ship is anchored and you have crew sweeping they can fall trough the floor. Raising your anchor can make some of even all of your crew start floating.

So every time you log in, go check you crew, they might be at the bottom ( still sweeping ), if you see your crew, just whistle them to you.
If you raise the anchor to set sail, go check your crew first before sailing. So you can unseat the crew that is floating and put them back, or
else you might loose them while sailing, and never be able to find them back.

dev's could just enable seating of tames like npc's ive never lost a seated npc(like on sails) so if when u bring one on board devs put something like security harnesses (maybe have a row of large rings bolted to the center of ship deck) and you seat a tame in it, when you dock you unseat it. might keep them from glitching

Edited by Remo

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, Amoebozoa said:

The topic is a bit weird, but a few days ago, my company lost a ship that we ..Uhm.. Ran into an iceberg... With it we lost a penguin and two crew members, now we got the ship show up in our logs, and we respawned and got working on a new ship.

So two days later, we got a new ship and started heading back to the place where we lost it, we were expecting to find the ship per se, but we were hoping to grab our penguin and crew, since nothing in the logs had mentioned them being dead.

This is another zone, but after going around every single iceberg around the isle, we were unable to find either the crew or the penguin anywhere, so we kind of just assumed they have died or been taken over by someone else, but is there no notification for losing a crew if they are in another zone? Since we have gotten no log reports about them dying, nor the penguin.

Anyone had anything similar? I don't know if the ship wreck simply despawned in the patch or something, but that was at least not something we could find.

I watched one of my crew fly into the sky and gone. Was days before it showed as killed in the log.