mcgonagall mog

Killing Players while in PVE

Who thinks it's ok to train an animal in to a base to kill a sleeping player, in order to steal their claim?

Just curious as to who thinks this is a viable way to play in PVE.

It sucks. That timer should be reset when u render, not with „killable“ sleeping characters. 

Lost our whole base through that..... 

Sadly alot of players are doing this on others to take over they place. But hopefully they gonna patch it so you can't kite other animels into people while sleeping.

build smart. our "bedrooms" are on at least the second floor. higher is possible. and away from outside walls. That being said, I agree. mobs should avoid structures or other human habitations once they loose agro.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that it is griefing. And right now its kinda hard to prove it so like Skyroguen said, make a little saferoom inside the house to log out. 

Its possible, its freaking griefing and you need stone (stone if animals still destroy buildings, otherwise wood or thatch is enough, right now i'm not sure after so many patches) house, 4 stories high to be 100% safe (crocs can bite up to 2 foundations wide and 3 height through walls). Or very wide house. Non the less, you need to build defensively. In PvE.

Also you need to claim defensively or you can get your base overlapped by someone else territory and lose tone of stuff. In PvE. 

So yeah 😞 

We have a 3x3 2 floor house. Second Floor has a 1x1 room right in the middle, completely closed. Worked fine against all kind of predators 🙂

1 hour ago, TiiaAurora said:

We have a 3x3 2 floor house. Second Floor has a 1x1 room right in the middle, completely closed. Worked fine against all kind of predators 🙂

Probably it will work like 99,9% of the time 🙂 . I was thinking 4 stories, because i had 3  stories (third story was a roof) towers 3x3 from which i wanted to hunt crocs around my base. I had to add another floor because If they agroed and I was not standing on the 3rd floor from croc (on top of the tower) I was getting damaged. This is why imho 4 stories are important, but only in biomes with crocodiles. Wolfs and so on should be fine. 

I haven't seen anything yet that damages stone as far as on normal claimable islands , so my advice is stone structures and as they have said high enough that the wilds cant hit you through the walls or floors .

Edit : as a side note , just because you are inside doesn't mean that the rare occasion of a wild mob cant spawn inside . my company and half our base inside was wiped out today by a 221 alpha yeti spawning inside of the stone structure . 

Edited by Grimbergoth
  • Sad 1

It's griefing, plain and simple. You wanna steal people's shit go do it on PvP where they have a chance to fight back. Otherwise whoever does it is a coward.

If you log on at least once every three days, they cannot take your claim. 

While they SHOULD fix it, this is one of those things that's well within your ability to fix. A 2 story stone building is more than enough to prevent this completely.

4 minutes ago, Paradigm said:

While they SHOULD fix it, this is one of those things that's well within your ability to fix. A 2 story stone building is more than enough to prevent this completely.

nope some mobs can hit through 2stories, elephants etc have huge range 3 stories is safe but mobs can spawn inside so its not safe tbh

I completely agree that this is griefing.

Now let me ask you this:

How do you get rid of someone on a claim you want if they logged in on day 1, built a small house, went to sleep inside, and never logged in again?

They are virtually immortal and unnaffected by the rigours of time or starvation. They don’t die, perpetually locking out big swathes of land with their sleeping beauty antics.