Sign in to follow this  
Kimsey

How am i supposed to claim land?

4 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

Along the same lines as why randoms running through can reset the claim timer, why does a random's sleeping body in the claim area keep it contested?  If I can't claim while I'm asleep and someone comes in, why should some uninvolved 3rd party parking their ship offshore and passing out below decks block my active claiming...usually without them even realizing they're in a contested claim area? Another issue that could be circumvented by making people need to actively attempt to contest the claim, and not just exist.

This... As example there is a ship anchored with some completely unrelated company, with 5 sleeping bodies. It was there for last few days, didn't move at all and imho sleepers also didn't budge even once. Can't contest land. 

And its due to this issue that I am stuck living in a small section of a lawless zone. Because as someon e who has a life outside the game, a full time job, and so on, I can't be bothered to sit for 6 hours trying to claim land. I've tried it, for three DAYS just sleeping inside the clame I'm trying to contest while in my ship. Even with the low pop the timer still kept getting reset. I gave up as it was just pointless. 

Then you have the companies that are set up come to the lawless and make fun of all the people living there, rubbing salt into the wound.