darcek

Planting seeds

So I finally found some Turnips seeds..I get home(My zone is in tropical) ,and I find I cant use tropical for these seeds.

Same issue with carrots.

Is there some way to bypass this limitation? like bring rocks from other zone or something?

9 minutes ago, Evalution said:

I think it depends on the ground you place the plot. Move it to light grass and it could work.

Now your getting my hopes up.Ill try and see. im not full of hope thou.

What I do hope we can import the earth,like make a plot from said area,plus maybe add some condition,maybe use some house for lower temp etc(just an idea)

Yea used on grass soil, didnt work.

Only Temperate,Equatorial and Tundra Grass.

Tropical grass dont let you plant carrots or Turnips.

1 hour ago, darcek said:

Yea used on grass soil, didnt work.

Only Temperate,Equatorial and Tundra Grass.

Tropical grass dont let you plant carrots or Turnips.

We're in the artic....with green zones and cant plant anything except wheat.
Really dislike this system

Foundations also change the soil type. I live in tropical and I could not plant anything on my "tropical" stone foundations however "tropical" wood foundations are fine. So I just made a stone floor with some wood foundations where I wanted farm plots and the wood foundations are now hidden underneath the farm plot.

• Like 2

I think a work around is based on the wood used to craft a floor for you to put the plot on. I've been seeing people in my server begging for different woods "for gardening" and I think that's how they are doing it. Granted it all looks the same, but maybe that's an easy fix?

• Like 1

If you sail to a zone with the right climate and place the plot on your boat that plot will remain that climate no matter where you go. You'll just need to keep it on the boat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jason Twice said:

If you sail to a zone with the right climate and place the plot on your boat that plot will remain that climate no matter where you go. You'll just need to keep it on the boat.

So you’ve found that removing the plot from the boat causes it to lose the climate? Also have you tried something similar with placing the plot on the ground of a given soil type then picking it up during the pickup period and placing on a different soil type to see if it retains the first type? I meant to test this myself last night but got busy with other projects.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Asanna said:

I think a work around is based on the wood used to craft a floor for you to put the plot on. I've been seeing people in my server begging for different woods "for gardening" and I think that's how they are doing it. Granted it all looks the same, but maybe that's an easy fix?

I'll try this as well, if not, this would be a great solution. 

Update: nope, no change

Edited by Herasea

21 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

So you’ve found that removing the plot from the boat causes it to lose the climate? Also have you tried something similar with placing the plot on the ground of a given soil type then picking it up during the pickup period and placing on a different soil type to see if it retains the first type? I meant to test this myself last night but got busy with other projects.

Actually I have not tried removing the plot from the boat. I'd also be curious to know if it retains climate. At work now so can't test😀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jason Twice said:

Actually I have not tried removing the plot from the boat. I'd also be curious to know if it retains climate. At work now so can't test😀

Same boat brother. Posting from the work IPad at a gas station in East Chicken Neck 2 hours from home. Won’t be back from sales apts til prolly 8ish.

2 hours ago, Jason Twice said:

Dosent let me irrigate thou.when I try to place a pipe from the reservoir I put on deck it say:This structure cannot be placed on platform.