Znick

What gives good exp now?

We killed 80-100 Yeti last night (I'm kind of guessing but it's close) and I got half a level.

Do you need to kill whales now for decent exp?

Z

Treasure Hunts, I got 4 levels the last one i did and it was a 1.7 quality. Went from 30-34

Edited by Tillman

We did 7 maps last week and got 2 levels. Was this long before the nerfs?

Z

I went into powerstone to get some juicy xp, that was so long I ended up getting the stone and left. As previous ppl said treasure hunt is the best until you can farm a whale with a crew maybe (never killed a whale personally). Lil' hint : Kill the whole wave except boss, run away and force reset, come back and repeat.

Yeah... treasure hunts were nerfed to crap the last 3 patches, so if you're saying maps are good exp you're either talking about ones you did 3 weeks ago (they USED to be good) or you're level 15.  We did 12 a few days ago and I got around 25% of a level total.

And Alphas are the same way now... at level 45+ you get around 5% of a level killing an Alpha solo.

That's why I started the thread, to see if anyone's found anything that works NOW. From what can tell, killing 50-70 Yeti, lions, wolves will get around half a level... the best I can find for exp right now at higher lev.

Z

Edited by Znick
  • Thanks 1

Did blue map today, 2 persons team, got around 25% of a level (more or less). Was on level 51. 
So, treasure maps are good for leveling right now for me.

On 1/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

What level were you that you were getting that much XP after a few shots?

from level 8 to 24 if I remember correctly, lure them to swivel guns to make it more effective

I did a high quality treasure map a few days ago (from J12 to C5) and went from 50 to 53, so if you want exp you need to sail further than the next zone over

• Like 1

Shoot alphas, complete treasure maps, mining gems give .6 exp per hit so that is pretty good aswell considering you are gathering at the same time.