Scorpionshawn

Alpha tribes hurt ARK till they added small tribe servers

I dont care what you fan boys say. I have close to 4k hours into Ark and I have close to 3 hundred hours into this game. Im a MMO Survival junkie gamer and Im telling you that one of the biggest problems Ark had more than the hack was Alpha tribes. People would log into a server and ask right away what is the Alpha tribe like. This is not a good thing its a bad thing also. ALPHA TRIBES GOT BORED!!!! They come in hot tear up everything ruin the game for everyone else then run those players off maybe even quieting the game for good then the Alpha tribes move on mostly to other games LIKE ATLAS!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW if you go on ARK right now you will see small tribe servers are the most full servers. This is a ARK DLC lets be clear about that it drew most of its base players from ARK.

Learn or sink!

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/202677-the-ark-devs-have-to-address-the-problem-of-alphamega-tribes-ruining-servers/

9 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I dont care what you fan boys say. I have close to 4k hours into Ark and I have close to 3 hundred hours into this game. Im a MMO Survival junkie gamer and Im telling you that one of the biggest problems Ark had more than the hack was Alpha tribes. People would log into a server and ask right away what is the Alpha tribe like. This is not a good thing its a bad thing also. ALPHA TRIBES GOT BORED!!!! They come in hot tear up everything ruin the game for everyone else then run those players off maybe even quieting the game for good then the Alpha tribes move on mostly to other games LIKE ATLAS!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW if you go on ARK right now you will see small tribe servers are the most full servers. This is a ARK DLC lets be clear about that it drew most of its base players from ARK.

Learn or sink!

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/202677-the-ark-devs-have-to-address-the-problem-of-alphamega-tribes-ruining-servers/

The difference being each individual grid in this game is like one ark server.  So even with massive guilds they will still war each other, have people living with them they are taxing, etc.

1 minute ago, mndfreeze said:

The difference being each individual grid in this game is like one ark server.  So even with massive guilds they will still war each other, have people living with them they are taxing, etc.

Really war on PVE???

What devs need to do is not just make the game for one group else it will fail. Its really bad business if you have a lot of paying customers that your willing to turn away just because you have a grand idea thats only for a small group and when I say small group i mean watching the numbers drop by the day!

Limit company size to 20 max

limit land claims 3 per player

Add in more solo adventures

Add in small group challenges

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Really war on PVE???

What devs need to do is not just make the game for one group else it will fail. Its really bad business if you have a lot of paying customers that your willing to turn away just because you have a grand idea thats only for a small group and when I say small group i mean watching the numbers drop by the day!

Company size doesn't matter, they just gonna make mini-tribes commanded by 1 main tribe. The only thing worth doing is making flag cap per player/company.

13 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Company size doesn't matter, they just gonna make mini-tribes commanded by 1 main tribe. The only thing worth doing is making flag cap per player/company.

Get rid of alliances.

4 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Not arguing but I was under the impression few people were actually using the neutral flags?  Especially not the mega corps.  Just cause we still have tons of people complaining about not being able to find land and all. 

Most references to it I see are small groups sharing what they can anyways.

6 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Really war on PVE???

That does not resolver anything. We are almost 60 now. If need to split in 3 of 20 is the same.

Yo can cap a company to 20 guys. When the crew gor a Galleon is 50 guys.

We came almost 40 guys from a guild of another game, we Made Friends in Atlas and now we are 60.

Maybe you need to be more social.

38 minutes ago, Manaos said:

Maybe you need to be more social.

Being social is not the problem. Some people genuinely feel it's under their dignity to be part of a clan/guild/company/ whatever the organisation is called. They feel as "slave of some 17 yo nolifer" in such cases and prefer to be either solo super heroes or max together with few friends. As that's not really viable in Atlas among many other games - there are such topic.

Edited by Sharana

One of the core concepts of this game is large empires being built and taking over the ATLAS, it's essentially a game made for people who enjoy the mega-tribe gameplay in ARK. This game may just not be for you.

• Like 1

Personally I don't like to attack peoples anchored ship, Attacking there harbor, killing tames for no reason, or blowing people up unprovoked.

However, I do like to raid peoples bases, kidnap them, force them to stop there ship and rob them, or blowing up wartargets and salvaging there wrecks.

I think these are integral parts of the game that you can not simply disallow. This game is about nation building. Join, ally, merge. If you aren't willing to work together you are going to have to find some place no one wants to live in order to build up and go griefing. You are going to have to do all the work yourself and its going to take so much longer. But, if you simply agree not to be an jerk and follow some basic rules of engagement then any nation would be happy to have another strong soldier, farmer, tamer, ship builder, sniper, etc.... in there nation.

Lines are being drawn and battles are fought all the time over real things. Things that matter in game. And I just feel like alot of people are simply unwilling to change or conform to this new meta and mechanics that we aren't used to and, honestly, we used to gripe about in ark. Its not ark. If you play like ark your gonna have a bad time. Its like EvE. The war fronts are forming. Disputes breaking out. Traders with cargo holds full of stuff you have never even heard of, and you guys are crying on the forums.

Love you though. xD

You have huge tribes, owning several islands, with several hundred menbers each.

If you play solo, even as a 24/7 Pro with 10.000+ ARK PVP hours, these tribes will own a fleet of galleons while you sail on your raft to try the 7386th try to claim some land.

Atlas PVP currently is „Freeport or Mega tribe“.

An Atlas server for small tribes would be really nice to fight on even terms.

Photon torpedos vs naked spearmen is trash.

16 minutes ago, Talono said:

You have huge tribes, owning several islands, with several hundred menbers each.

If you play solo, even as a 24/7 Pro with 10.000+ ARK PVP hours, these tribes will own a fleet of galleons while you sail on your raft to try the 7386th try to claim some land.

Atlas PVP currently is „Freeport or Mega tribe“.

An Atlas server for small tribes would be really nice to fight on even terms.

Photon torpedos vs naked spearmen is trash.

Though thou art fighting the megas crap?, what happened with that crusade?, if something went wrong with backstabbing or just got tired of it, try hidding deep in polar, that's the least visited biome. Wish they added some traps, would allow to easier defend, both from overspawn of predators and from not carefull players... or simply just make a field on entire island and watch them die.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:41 AM, Scorpionshawn said:

I dont care what you fan boys say. I have close to 4k hours into Ark and I have close to 3 hundred hours into this game. Im a MMO Survival junkie gamer and Im telling you that one of the biggest problems Ark had more than the hack was Alpha tribes.

A few thoughts:

1. Pretty sure anyone who played thousands of hours and considers them a junkie of the game would fall into the "fanboy" category, even if you see it as an insult for some reason.  (BTW, how is being happy with the game you purchased an insult?  Seems like a great category to me.)

2. One of the core concepts of the game is to build an empire.  Your rant goes contrary to the stated intention of the game.  Sounds like you may not be the intended target audience.  That's what private servers are for - tweaking the settings to your liking.

3. People always complain that it's an Ark re-skin, but then others ask for it to be MORE like Ark.  Moral of the story: you can't please everyone.  Life lesson: not everything is created just for you.  Sometimes they are intended for other players, such as the ones that like the idea of having mega's dominate the landscape, and being able to lease out your property for a profit, etc etc.

See guys, an experienced single player can easily troll a mega tribe and sink all of their ships with glider, explosive barrels and flame arrows.

Is that cool ? Not really.

But the only task left to do beside tree punching in freeport.

Claiming land, building a home to explore the world from there ?

Impossible —-> mortar squad —-> freeport

9 hours ago, wakko151 said:

Personally I don't like to attack peoples anchored ship, Attacking there harbor, killing tames for no reason, or blowing people up unprovoked.

However, I do like to raid peoples bases, kidnap them, force them to stop there ship and rob them, or blowing up wartargets and salvaging there wrecks.

I think these are integral parts of the game that you can not simply disallow. This game is about nation building. Join, ally, merge. If you aren't willing to work together you are going to have to find some place no one wants to live in order to build up and go griefing. You are going to have to do all the work yourself and its going to take so much longer. But, if you simply agree not to be an jerk and follow some basic rules of engagement then any nation would be happy to have another strong soldier, farmer, tamer, ship builder, sniper, etc.... in there nation.

Lines are being drawn and battles are fought all the time over real things. Things that matter in game. And I just feel like alot of people are simply unwilling to change or conform to this new meta and mechanics that we aren't used to and, honestly, we used to gripe about in ark. Its not ark. If you play like ark your gonna have a bad time. Its like EvE. The war fronts are forming. Disputes breaking out. Traders with cargo holds full of stuff you have never even heard of, and you guys are crying on the forums.

Love you though. xD

You are probably correct... For the PvP servers.

Many of us play on the PvE servers because, by definition, such things should not happen on PvE and we want to experience the game mechanics and advancement without worrying about PvP.  Many of us will restart on PvP once we have a clue what's going on.  As it is that's nearly impossible because without space to make a small reasonable claim on we cannot grow beyond level 8 (thje Freeport limit).

I've seen many claims in the forums that changes made for PvP are also occuring on PvE servers.  I cannot speak to that as I've only had the game for a week.

• Like 1

Official PvP, including Mega and "Alpha" tribes is simply an evolution of natural human tendencies. It is, also, by far the most popular version of Ark, until 25 man came out (And at that point it was debatable whether that wipe cycle was popular because of the 25 man limit, or the perspective of a "New wipe"). 6 man and small tribes in Ark was a meme, and never really that popular (Or effective). Both Ark, and this game, are fundamentally designed to be extremely taxing, if not outright impossible for small groups/solo players. This game is even more so in that vein then Ark was. 

Simply put, if you want to play "Solo survival games", there are games in that niche available. Ranging from Battle Royales like PUBG/Fortnite/Blackout, to survival games like DayZ and SCUM. Instead of trying to warp the game into something it never was, and never will be, why not go play the myriad of games that exist to fill your niche. 

• Like 1

people keep stating that the game is about "empire building", yet we don´t see much of a real represantation of a government. 
if your idea of that is the aforementioned mega-tribes, then you are wrong.

first off, its supposed to be a sandbox game. please keep that in mind. 

having stated that:  

the only way to live / build / explore the game currently is joining a bigger or even a megatribe. 
without it, you will probably not be able to even test and enjoy most of the features provided. (claim-issue) . thats not sandbox. thats forcing to play some think is the "right way".

back to the government and "empire building". 

empires and nations rely on 
- trade, commerce and a stable economy -> which we don´t have (yet?). dropping materials in the hope the other guy in front of you does the same is not an economy.
trading is not viable at all because there is abolsutely no incentive or reward in doing so. travel times is way too long (with bad wind and full cargo it might take you hours to get from a to be with the only thing happening is either tornadoes or SoTD. and chances are that SoTD will sink you anyways because with full cargo you wont be able to outrun them anyways)

- no incentive for empires to protect their shiplanes and areas
megatribes dont have the slightest need to protect their areas, since they get taxed automatically.
its even easier on them to just force everyone to join them and become a pawn.working for the hive.
welcome to the tribe, you have been assimilated. 

in a sandbox, it would be viable to live on their land, but they would have to actually work for you to keep wanting to live on their land. which means protection
some would prefer to work as farmers, hunters, gatherers and that should be viable. its a sandbox.. 

what this game needs is AI factions. 
you can join them, be protected by them if you live in their core lands (you get taxed heavily, BUT they will protect you and your stuff) or attack them. 

the further you move from the core faction areas, the lighter the taxes become, but also protection and response time from that protection increases. 
you get the chance to get rarer / more expensive stuff (resources not available in core lands). more risk -> more reward. 

then you have beasically areas which are contested by factions. this means the AI factions are (of course) at war with each other and those are the areas they try to conqer. in this area its pvp and if you are member of faction A, you can attack players and AI from faction B. 

those areas are hard to live in, and they constantly shift. players actions from faction A might be so concentrated and coordinated, that faction B has to retreatof give up ion the area altogether. this we would see an evershifting landscape of areas of influence. 

lastly, there are areas so remote that no AI faction dares to go there. 
this is the areas with the hardest mobs, the rarest and most precious ressources and the highest rewards. here, all land is free and claimable. this is the area where true pirates,m nation builders etc can forge their very own government. 

players, companies and ships have a reputation towards each faction. 
so sinking a ship of a faction nets the ship negative points, nets the company sailing it negative points, and each player manning the ship negative points toward that faction. 
this negative reputation does decline over time. fastest from player to slowest for ships. 
that way , players from the same company can switch ships and conduct trade with the faction, but only if the company reputation is not too bad. 

factions are connected by trade routes and transporting stuff from A to B is dangerous but profitable. traders are somewhat protected by AI, IF they are really neutral and havent done any piracy deeds. (attack them, sink AI ships etc..)

38 minutes ago, psykikk said:

people keep stating that the game is about "empire building", yet we don´t see much of a real represantation of a government. 
if your idea of that is the aforementioned mega-tribes, then you are wrong.

first off, its supposed to be a sandbox game. please keep that in mind. 

having stated that:  

the only way to live / build / explore the game currently is joining a bigger or even a megatribe. 
without it, you will probably not be able to even test and enjoy most of the features provided. (claim-issue) . thats not sandbox. thats forcing to play some think is the "right way".

back to the government and "empire building". 

empires and nations rely on 
- trade, commerce and a stable economy -> which we don´t have (yet?). dropping materials in the hope the other guy in front of you does the same is not an economy.
trading is not viable at all because there is abolsutely no incentive or reward in doing so. travel times is way too long (with bad wind and full cargo it might take you hours to get from a to be with the only thing happening is either tornadoes or SoTD. and chances are that SoTD will sink you anyways because with full cargo you wont be able to outrun them anyways)

- no incentive for empires to protect their shiplanes and areas
megatribes dont have the slightest need to protect their areas, since they get taxed automatically.
its even easier on them to just force everyone to join them and become a pawn.working for the hive.
welcome to the tribe, you have been assimilated. 

in a sandbox, it would be viable to live on their land, but they would have to actually work for you to keep wanting to live on their land. which means protection
some would prefer to work as farmers, hunters, gatherers and that should be viable. its a sandbox.. 

what this game needs is AI factions. 
you can join them, be protected by them if you live in their core lands (you get taxed heavily, BUT they will protect you and your stuff) or attack them. 

the further you move from the core faction areas, the lighter the taxes become, but also protection and response time from that protection increases. 
you get the chance to get rarer / more expensive stuff (resources not available in core lands). more risk -> more reward. 

then you have beasically areas which are contested by factions. this means the AI factions are (of course) at war with each other and those are the areas they try to conqer. in this area its pvp and if you are member of faction A, you can attack players and AI from faction B. 

those areas are hard to live in, and they constantly shift. players actions from faction A might be so concentrated and coordinated, that faction B has to retreatof give up ion the area altogether. this we would see an evershifting landscape of areas of influence. 

lastly, there are areas so remote that no AI faction dares to go there. 
this is the areas with the hardest mobs, the rarest and most precious ressources and the highest rewards. here, all land is free and claimable. this is the area where true pirates,m nation builders etc can forge their very own government. 

players, companies and ships have a reputation towards each faction. 
so sinking a ship of a faction nets the ship negative points, nets the company sailing it negative points, and each player manning the ship negative points toward that faction. 
this negative reputation does decline over time. fastest from player to slowest for ships. 
that way , players from the same company can switch ships and conduct trade with the faction, but only if the company reputation is not too bad. 

factions are connected by trade routes and transporting stuff from A to B is dangerous but profitable. traders are somewhat protected by AI, IF they are really neutral and havent done any piracy deeds. (attack them, sink AI ships etc..)

They have nations. They do trade. Alot of people come ot our island for treasure maps. You are required to announce yourselves in global first. I would refrain from talking about things unless you actually know something about it. Just because you made a raft and went out and saw a claim flag and someone blew up your ramshackle sloop doesn't mean you understand the game and know whats going on. It means you have played the game. The politics in this game are pretty intense. You can't just think something and state is as fact. It might convince the people who read the forums and don't play, but its not going to convince the people who are in the thick of it. Considering how easy it is to join a nation and start getting into the game its kinda detrimental to come to the forums and pretend like you got it all figured out.

Edited by wakko151

1 hour ago, wakko151 said:

They have nations. They do trade. Alot of people come ot our island for treasure maps. You are required to announce yourselves in global first. I would refrain from talking about things unless you actually know something about it. Just because you made a raft and went out and saw a claim flag and someone blew up your ramshackle sloop doesn't mean you understand the game and know whats going on. It means you have played the game. The politics in this game are pretty intense. You can't just think something and state is as fact. It might convince the people who read the forums and don't play, but its not going to convince the people who are in the thick of it. Considering how easy it is to join a nation and start getting into the game its kinda detrimental to come to the forums and pretend like you got it all figured out.

thinking I made a raft and that was it. 
i played more than 200 hrs already so please be so kind and refrain from assumptions. 
and only because "you" or "your company" works this way, please don´t pretend all are doing it like this. 

what you are describing SHOULD be the norm. but  - and according to most forum posts and threads regarding "tribes" (a bad term since Atlas has companies and this is "suppsedly not Ark") - not many companies are working like you describe. 

I never stated I got it all figured out, yet I think that these kind of features would enhance gameplay for more people . 
and since this is a public forum where ideas can be exchanged, I woukld also appreciate the notion of not belittling someone only because you disagree. 
nothing in your post showed any sign of actually reading nor answering or commenting what I wrote, at least not on a level that might suggest you are interested in going through possible pro´s and con´s of that idea. 

so again; please stop with your personal assumptions. thank you very much. 

PLEASE DEVS  PLEASE! add Smalltribe Server to ATLAS !! 

So many people are leaving this game right now cause they get dominated by 100+ Clans and the only opportunity is that they have is to join 

a big clan and be the slaves of the leaders!

The first 4-5 Days it was so fun to defend our little island against people but then a big Chinese clan came by and wiped us away 

this would be fair in a 5vs5  cause its a Pirate game, Take anything and give nothing back ;) but its unfair when these dominating clans are rushing over the islands where 5-10 people have no chance against 50+ attacking members.

it would be a perfect solution :)

even for the market, you would create a larger target group of people buying or rebuying the game.  

PS: sry for my bad english greetings from Germany :) 

11 minutes ago, Vio said:

PLEASE DEVS  PLEASE! add Smalltribe Server to ATLAS !! 

So many people are leaving this game right now cause they get dominated by 100+ Clans and the only opportunity is that they have is to join 

a big clan and be the slaves of the leaders!

The first 4-5 Days it was so fun to defend our little island against people but then a big Chinese clan came by and wiped us away 

this would be fair in a 5vs5  cause its a Pirate game, Take anything and give nothing back 😉 but its unfair when these dominating clans are rushing over the islands where 5-10 people have no chance against 50+ attacking members.

it would be a perfect solution 🙂

even for the market, you would create a larger target group of people buying or rebuying the game.  

PS: sry for my bad english greetings from Germany 🙂

I believe this is more a question of resources. Wanting the small tribes means that there will be a lot more islands per grid. I’ve heard the amount of islands and distance in between them is what makes the load. They’re not going to host such an expensive map for the sake of little numbers (not many islands) , so either Nitrado need to up their game, or GS need to put more pressure on. I agree on the small tribe server as a whole btw, it’s necessary. 10 players max. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1