Sign in to follow this  
stormoffires

Ships of the Damned and whales

So i have circled the world now and traveled all over. I can tell you that tundra and polar caps are the hardest to sail in due to these spawn rates. PLEASE tone down the spawn rate... i entered E1 from E2 and was greated by 6 SoTD and a Whale.... the whales aggro range is massive! p why are polar caps and tundra waters so much harder to sail through?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stormoffires said:

So i have circled the world now and traveled all over. I can tell you that tundra and polar caps are the hardest to sail in due to these spawn rates. PLEASE tone down the spawn rate... i entered E1 from E2 and was greated by 6 SoTD and a Whale.... the whales aggro range is massive! p why are polar caps and tundra waters so much harder to sail through?

Are you in a big company with a fleet of ships? If not no one cares about you and your little ship. That's the direction of the game or so im told. How does that make you feel?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Are you in a big company with a fleet of ships? If not no one cares about you and your little ship. That's the direction of the game or so im told. How does that make you feel?

makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that you took the time to post here thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stormoffires said:

They are needed to be hard, but I agree not this hard lol. 

• Like 1

That's more irritating than hard, they are easy to avoid if not rushing between them, they just waste so much time for going thro that ocean maze, that's how many there are. Also if they wanted tundra to be harder than the rest of the world, why make it the only place that can be claimed at all.

Just now, Ringo O'Rourke said:

Keep the tundra hard.

It means that neighbours actually have to cooperate instead of playing selfishly. Which makes a better community.

for sure keep it hard, but could we spread out the SoTD at least a little? haha

• Like 1

It's random... we've sailed for an hour and not seen one, then seen 5 at once. They're not too hard to avoid, but sometimes you need to fight one, and take the spoils.

Z

1 hour ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

Keep the tundra hard.

It means that neighbours actually have to cooperate instead of playing selfishly. Which makes a better community.

Lol, playing solo and many on our grid play solo, barely any trade or cooperation, just chatting. No one needs to cooperate to be able to play there. Also tundra offers nothing special for the difficulty, polar even less, the best biome is temperate and is also the easiest, bcs logic, while polar is almost useless.

Edited by Nightstrasza

PvE server I guess? In such case it's not the problem with the spawn rates as they work just fine on the PvP.

5 hours ago, J.Dawson said:

If you see you are getting close to the whales or ai ships then turn to the wind and flee

The problem is not with avoiding them, but how much time is wasted on it, they literaly can make a trump wall and having to go arround them for like half hour or one hour. Quality content, ocean maze.

• Haha 1