Hi. I was wanting to know how to add mermaids and whales to our server. Like the drake and others, im not sure if they spawn in range of certain islands or such.

Any info would be great.

mermaids

OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues

(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Kraken/Kraken_Character_BP.Kraken_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Leebum said:

Hi. I was wanting to know how to add mermaids and whales to our server. Like the drake and others, im not sure if they spawn in range of certain islands or such.

Any info would be great.

Trying to find the same , i think it's possible through the servergrideditor AKA Island editor  , if you CTRL +left click on any "unlocked" island there's a "Spawner override"  option where you could add some creatures spawner , as it was possible with ark but i don't know the correct form to write those lines under this Atlas island editor yet

@ASA you currenlty wrote a Kraken line not a Mermaid one and if you place it in i presume an ini file it will probably add General spawner , not tied to an island 

Edit 2 : nevermind it add those to Quest zone !
Source :https://www.drac346.net/

Edited by Yemesis
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Leebum said:

Thanks both, thats great. 

All i need to know now is for whales

"OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues": "(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Squid/Squid_Character_BP.Squid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=1040429.375,Y=1177148.125,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000),bForcePreventSpawnOnOcean=False)),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_Character_BP.GentleWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=266601.46875,Y=525683.4375,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Mermaid/Mermaid_Character_BP.Mermaid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=551432.1875,Y=204622.359375,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_Character_BP.MeanWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=924389.625,Y=339917.000000,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=924389.625,Y=339917.000000,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)",

Here's everything for Giant squid , 2 types of whales , mermaid etc
Need some testing , you should add those line by CTRL+left clicking anywhere on the map "not on the island" and add the line on the section i'm showing on this Screenshot

Source: https://pastebin.com/XFMPV6VX

here.jpg

Edited by Yemesis
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Yemesis said:

试图找到相同的,我认为可以通过服务器参与者AKA岛编辑,如果你CTRL +左键点击任何“解锁”岛上有一个“Spawner覆盖”选项,你可以添加一些生物spawner,因为它可能与方舟但我不知道在这个阿特拉斯岛编辑器下写这些线的正确形式还是

@ASA你当前写了一条Kraken线而不是美人鱼线,如果你把它放在我假定的ini文件中它可能会添加一般的spawner,而不是绑在一个岛上 

编辑2:没关系,把它添加到Quest区!
资料来源https//www.drac346.net/

Kraken very beautiful :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ASA said:

Kraken very beautiful :classic_biggrin:

Nice!

Edited by Yemesis

On 1/12/2019 at 5:17 AM, Yemesis said:

"OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues": "(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Squid/Squid_Character_BP.Squid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=1040429.375,Y=1177148.125,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000),bForcePreventSpawnOnOcean=False)),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_Character_BP.GentleWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=266601.46875,Y=525683.4375,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Mermaid/Mermaid_Character_BP.Mermaid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=551432.1875,Y=204622.359375,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_Character_BP.MeanWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=924389.625,Y=339917.000000,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=924389.625,Y=339917.000000,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)",

Here's everything for Giant squid , 2 types of whales , mermaid etc
Need some testing , you should add those line by CTRL+left clicking anywhere on the map "not on the island" and add the line on the section i'm showing on this Screenshot

Source: https://pastebin.com/XFMPV6VX

here.jpg

do we need to change the values for their x,y,z offsets to fit into our grid size like we do when getting the power stone markers to show on the map properly?

Just now, Mrwartooth said:

do we need to change the values for their x,y,z offsets to fit into our grid size like we do when getting the power stone markers to show on the map properly?

actually i'm stelling trying to get it to work on my 1x1 grid , but i think that you're right , i think you should put coordinates on where to spawn but the fact is that those particular creatures spawn only near Quest zone AKA PVE islands !

15 minutes ago, Yemesis said:

actually i'm stelling trying to get it to work on my 1x1 grid , but i think that you're right , i think you should put coordinates on where to spawn but the fact is that those particular creatures spawn only near Quest zone AKA PVE islands !

oh so this doesnt actualy work at the moment?

20 minutes ago, Mrwartooth said:

oh so this doesnt actualy work at the moment?

It does work for some people but i'm not in that case actually

hmm weird well if anyone knows how to get this to work properly and could help us out that would be greatly apreciated

2 minutes ago, Mrwartooth said:

hmm weird well if anyone knows how to get this to work properly and could help us out that would be greatly apreciated

You should try adding those lines on your server and test it out if it work for you or not since it work for some people , otherwise you'll have to wait couple of days before anyone give enough attention to this post and reply to the thread

Edited by Yemesis

yeah i have added it to my server already if i dont notice any of them ill try calculating the new xyz for them and see if that helps

59 minutes ago, Mrwartooth said:

yeah i have added it to my server already if i dont notice any of them ill try calculating the new xyz for them and see if that helps

Could you tell me if it work or not when you'll try it? 

These were recently added to the server templates in official map (with the map editor) dated 1/7/2019.

For example, if you look at the POLAR template, you will now find:

"(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_Character_BP.MeanWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=4.000000)",

Squid is also there under desert.  Each of the epic ocean spawn is assigned to a climate in the official map.

"OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues": "(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Squid/Squid_Character_BP.Squid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000),bForcePreventSpawnOnOcean=True)),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=4.000000)",

Use the Server (or map) overrides to add your mermaids. The mermaids are only on the maps with PVE islands (quest islands) if you follow the official map design and the override will probably remove the other critters (hence Override...)

Or, combine and mix to your desires.

I posted each of the individual spawner overrides from the official map in the walkthrough: https://www.drac346.net/2019/01/atlas-dss-guide-useful-tips.html

Edited by Drac346
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drac346 said:

I posted each of the individual spawner overrides from the official map in the walkthrough: https://www.drac346.net/2019/01/atlas-dss-guide-useful-tips.html

I wanna thank you for the walkthrough, by the way. We've had our server running for about a week and a half, with a custom map, but there was a lot of stuff we're missing. I found your guide a few hours ago, and am in the process of fixing things on our server right now, like adding in actual trade ships and fixing the quest. So thanks! 🙂

Edited by Dread Pirate Ash

5 hours ago, Drac346 said:

These were recently added to the server templates in official map (with the map editor) dated 1/7/2019.

For example, if you look at the POLAR template, you will now find:

"(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_Character_BP.MeanWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=4.000000)",

Squid is also there under desert.  Each of the epic ocean spawn is assigned to a climate in the official map.

"OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues": "(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Squid/Squid_Character_BP.Squid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000),bForcePreventSpawnOnOcean=True)),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=4.000000)",

Use the Server (or map) overrides to add your mermaids. The mermaids are only on the maps with PVE islands (quest islands) if you follow the official map design and the override will probably remove the other critters (hence Override...)

Or, combine and mix to your desires.

glad you added that drac. one thing to remember though anyone reading this is we still need to confirm xyz setting for these spawns for custom servers. i have it on my server im just waiting to see if i find any but other peoples inputs would be apreciated as well

Use getallstate if you want to confirm they have spawned cheat getallstate Mermaid_Character_BP_C

GentleWhale_Character_BP_C | MeanWhale_Character_BP_C | Squid_Character_BP_C | 

It will then show you on the server window if any have spawned in.

• Thanks 2

What happens if the PCsSpawnOffsets coordinates (X=0, Y=0) are blocked by an island. Is it necessary to move them to a free spot?

Edited by Buccaneers

Seem's like mermaid spawn "checked via getallstate" but no whale and no squid spawn at all , and i haven't seen any mermaid even if the console say so , did anybody made everything work fine? i'm running actually a 1x1 grid

8 hours ago, Yemesis said:

Seem's like mermaid spawn "checked via getallstate" but no whale and no squid spawn at all , and i haven't seen any mermaid even if the console say so , did anybody made everything work fine? i'm running actually a 1x1 grid

Mermaids are event triggered by players,  i.e. they will spawn and make you dance on your boat and fall off.  You get a small buff and usually rubys.  It shows a circle in the ocean with music notes.  I haven't seen "actual" mermaids and am not sure they are fully implemented yet.  They are only on the _PVE golden ruins grids on official.

I have a screenshot somewhere but can't find it atm.

This is my personal spreadsheet of the spawns using the "templates" in the grid editor doesn't seem to fully work and on the sample file they provided of the official map they are not using templates and have manually configured each grid.  

The biomes on my spreadsheet are exactly what is in the official map servergrid (not the one on github but the 2nd one jat linked separately). 

Everything under line 24 where it says special notes are my own modifications and testing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DvE-AK1s_x5Q-1FLgXPKyWUK3qaFeRQ_4nEvn-1o-Sk/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Karageek