This is my personal spreadsheet of the spawns using the "templates" in the grid editor doesn't seem to fully work and on the sample file they provided of the official map they are not using templates and have manually configured each grid.  

Are you sure? Because when I look into the file (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GrapeshotGames/ServerGridEditor/master/Projects/ServerGrid.json) I see that the configured the server template with OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues for whales and squids and use them on a the maps. IMHO they made only a direct input (on the map itself) for some special PVE islands and creatures (like the mermaids) . Or do you have evidence that the SererGridEditor do some wrong savings?

But what I also notice, that I never found any whale or squid on my nitrado hosted "server". So I also believe that somehow this settings in the server template for the Whales & Squids are not working... I will try to directly input them into the map configuration.  Other explanation would be that I just have to be patience because they not spawning that much 🙂

I'm running some tests myself.  There's a template override and the map override. 

Using the official server json:

The mermaids are in the map overrides on the official servers but the template overrides have the whales, squids, ect.  My guess is that you will not see any whales (template based) on golden ruins because the mermaids (server based) are loaded after the template overrides.  They aren't cumulative.

Load Order (assumption), Bottom takes priority.
Template
Server
Spawner
Island

If someone has tested this and can confirm, or update, the order; please do so.

7 hours ago, Drac346 said:

I'm running some tests myself.  There's a template override and the map override. 

<snip>

I did what they did for the mermaids in the example server - pasted the squid and whales stuff into the specific server override, rather than using templates. As in, Ctrl-Leftclick a server's cell, replaced the specific Creature ID path, and pasted the stuff into the bottom righthand field, just like the mermaids were.

I unfortunately haven't gotten to go looking, or gotten to play around with whether or not they're actually showing up, because we had some other major issue with updating our server that's unrelated, and until that's resolved I'm out of a ship to go look around >.>

But I'll get back here if I see any of them.

Edited by Dread Pirate Ash

On 1/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, Yemesis said:

"OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues": "(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Squid/Squid_Character_BP.Squid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=1040429.375,Y=1177148.125,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000),bForcePreventSpawnOnOcean=False)),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_Character_BP.GentleWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=266601.46875,Y=525683.4375,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Mermaid/Mermaid_Character_BP.Mermaid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=551432.1875,Y=204622.359375,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)","(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_Character_BP.MeanWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=924389.625,Y=339917.000000,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/MeanWhale/MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.MeanWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=924389.625,Y=339917.000000,Z=-150.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=1.000000)",

Here's everything for Giant squid , 2 types of whales , mermaid etc
Need some testing , you should add those line by CTRL+left clicking anywhere on the map "not on the island" and add the line on the section i'm showing on this Screenshot

Source: https://pastebin.com/XFMPV6VX

here.jpg

Sorry in advance for Google translator.
I noticed that no one has any problems with the whales, they have Z -700 coordinates in the pattern. I did not find squid and mermaids, and their pattern had Z coordinates of 0. Maybe this was the reason?
I put the coordinates of the regions, removing the code from the climate zone template. Today I will look for mermaids and squid.

Set the coordinates, but the mermaids and squid did not appear. Maybe you need to write something in ServerCustomData, as is the case with ships?

7 hours ago, Margot said:

Set the coordinates, but the mermaids and squid did not appear. Maybe you need to write something in ServerCustomData, as is the case with ships?

actually  i didn't managed to see them in my server "1X1grid" even if i've checked if they spawned via the "cheat getallstate Mermaid_Character_BP_C" in game command "you"ll see the results in your server log

Using the summon command i can assure you that there's no problem with the "Z 0" coordinate for the mermaid as they didn't died when i spawned them even when flying 80m from the ground , but a "Z 0" coordinate for the whale could be a problem since they instantly die when they're outside of water

Hope it helps a little , if you find the way to fix the spawn for whales etc tell me how you did it , it would be cool !

My whales are swimming with the settings that are written in the subject. Sea monsters are definitely there. About mermaids they say that there should be night and the player should sail on the ship. Only then will they begin to sing and become visible. That is, in god mode, they can not be found. Today I launched a 3x3 server, see if any of the players will find them.

44 minutes ago, Margot said:

My whales are swimming with the settings that are written in the subject. Sea monsters are definitely there. About mermaids they say that there should be night and the player should sail on the ship. Only then will they begin to sing and become visible. That is, in god mode, they can not be found. Today I launched a 3x3 server, see if any of the players will find them.

glad it worked for you , still trying to get them spawn naturally on my server

On 1/16/2019 at 2:34 PM, Karageek said:

Mermaids are event triggered by players,  i.e. they will spawn and make you dance on your boat and fall off.  You get a small buff and usually rubys.  It shows a circle in the ocean with music notes.  I haven't seen "actual" mermaids and am not sure they are fully implemented yet.  They are only on the _PVE golden ruins grids on official.

I have a screenshot somewhere but can't find it atm.

This is my personal spreadsheet of the spawns using the "templates" in the grid editor doesn't seem to fully work and on the sample file they provided of the official map they are not using templates and have manually configured each grid.  

The biomes on my spreadsheet are exactly what is in the official map servergrid (not the one on github but the 2nd one jat linked separately). 

Everything under line 24 where it says special notes are my own modifications and testing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DvE-AK1s_x5Q-1FLgXPKyWUK3qaFeRQ_4nEvn-1o-Sk/edit?usp=sharing

Hi

A quick question

Where should i place this 

DisableFog,DisableHeatCold,DisableRain,NPCShipNumMult,FloatsamEnabled,DisableClaimFlags,RainIntervalMultiplier,

after u insert the whales and mermaids u have to make a destroywilddinos to spawn them

Edited by flex73

2 hours ago, enrell said:

Hi

A quick question

Where should i place this 

DisableFog,DisableHeatCold,DisableRain,NPCShipNumMult,FloatsamEnabled,DisableClaimFlags,RainIntervalMultiplier,

Those variables go in ServerCustomDatas1:  but must be matched by their variables for each in ServerCustomDatas2:

if u wanted those active it be the below line, but be aware that DisableRain and RainIntervalMultiplier may be conflict as Rain Interval is made to make it rain more often while disable rain disables rain.  Also use leading and ending commas ,  on each line I am not 100% you need to but it is setup that way in all sample files.  I believe it is done so some variables will chain so I recommend doing so as well. 

I am not 100% sure about the DisableRain and RainInterveral as they appear together in some of the official samples.  It may be that way as they plan to seperate rain and cyclones in the future or had them separated at one time.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:28 PM, Drac346 said:

Using the official server json:

The mermaids are in the map overrides on the official servers but the template overrides have the whales, squids, ect.  My guess is that you will not see any whales (template based) on golden ruins because the mermaids (server based) are loaded after the template overrides.  They aren't cumulative.

Load Order (assumption), Bottom takes priority.
Template
Server
Spawner
Island

I would be interested by this too

4 hours ago, Karageek said:

Those variables go in ServerCustomDatas1:  but must be matched by their variables for each in ServerCustomDatas2:

if u wanted those active it be the below line, but be aware that DisableRain and RainIntervalMultiplier may be conflict as Rain Interval is made to make it rain more often while disable rain disables rain.  Also use leading and ending commas ,  on each line I am not 100% you need to but it is setup that way in all sample files.  I believe it is done so some variables will chain so I recommend doing so as well. 

I am not 100% sure about the DisableRain and RainInterveral as they appear together in some of the official samples.  It may be that way as they plan to seperate rain and cyclones in the future or had them separated at one time.

Can i have these in the .ini files ?

16 minutes ago, enrell said:

Can i have these in the .ini files ?

they are configured in your servergrid.json

either manually or with island editor

1 minute ago, Karageek said:

they are configured in your servergrid.json

either manually or with island editor

Hi

I am new in this. 

I have these in my servergrid.json. Where should i paste them in ? And also as you can see, its oceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideTemplatenam , not the one stated in the earlier part of this thread. Can i still use it for the whale / mermaid spawns ?

"AdditionalCmdLineParams": "",
      "OverrideShooterGameModeDefaultGameIni": {},
      "floorZDist": 0,
      "utcOffset": 0,
      "transitionMinZ": 0,
      "GlobalBiomeSeamlessServerGridPreOffsetValues": "",
      "GlobalBiomeSeamlessServerGridPreOffsetValuesOceanWater": "",
      "OceanDinoDepthEntriesOverride": "",
      "oceanFloatsamCratesOverride": "",
      "treasureMapLootTablesOverride": "",
      "oceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideTemplateName": "",
      "NPCShipSpawnEntriesOverrideTemplateName": "",
      "regionOverrides": "",
      "waterColorR": 0.0,
      "waterColorG": 0.0,
      "waterColorB": 0.0,
      "skyStyleIndex": 0,

On 1/16/2019 at 7:27 AM, Buccaneers said:

Are you sure? Because when I look into the file (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GrapeshotGames/ServerGridEditor/master/Projects/ServerGrid.json) I see that the configured the server template with OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues for whales and squids and use them on a the maps. IMHO they made only a direct input (on the map itself) for some special PVE islands and creatures (like the mermaids) . Or do you have evidence that the SererGridEditor do some wrong savings?

But what I also notice, that I never found any whale or squid on my nitrado hosted "server". So I also believe that somehow this settings in the server template for the Whales & Squids are not working... I will try to directly input them into the map configuration.  Other explanation would be that I just have to be patience because they not spawning that much 🙂

Jat posted a separate servergrid.json sample in the original post the separate sample has no templates and all the grids are manually configured.

10 hours ago, flex73 said:

after u insert the whales and mermaids u have to make a destroywilddinos to spawn them

I had a wipe with a clean card. Found whales. Squid and mermaids are not found.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:47 PM, Dread Pirate Ash said:

But I'll get back here if I see any of them.

This is me, reporting back - we did, in fact, see a whale off the cost of one of our (non-pve) islands, in the northeastern corner kinda, after having posted the code into the server override field.

Code in question: 

(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.GentleWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_Character_BP.GentleWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=4.000000)

I can't speak as to which one of these it was, as at the time I was attempting to navigate a seriously major blockade of Ships of the Damned (like, 6 of them, and me badly damaged already), so I was unable to stop and take a closer look, but I saw the whale-tail rise out of the water several times. Tried taking several screenshots, but only one had the tail and was really messy/blurry. (Dammit, cryptids 😜 )

Edited by Dread Pirate Ash

2 hours ago, Dread Pirate Ash said:

This is me, reporting back - we did, in fact, see a whale off the cost of one of our (non-pve) islands, in the northeastern corner kinda, after having posted the code into the server override field.

Code in question: 

I can't speak as to which one of these it was, as at the time I was attempting to navigate a seriously major blockade of Ships of the Damned (like, 6 of them, and me badly damaged already), so I was unable to stop and take a closer look, but I saw the whale-tail rise out of the water several times. Tried taking several screenshots, but only one had the tail and was really messy/blurry. (Dammit, cryptids 😜 )

Awesome bro. So you edit the json file and pasted it to the server overrride field ?

Can i trouble you for  a snippet ?

2 minutes ago, enrell said:

Awesome bro. So you edit the json file and pasted it to the server overrride field ?

Can i trouble you for  a snippet ?

I didn't edit the json manually, I used the editor. That above code was pasted under the Ctrl+LeftClick Server -> paste into EpicOceanOverride (or whatever the field is called. The bottom right one)

11 minutes ago, Dread Pirate Ash said:

I didn't edit the json manually, I used the editor. That above code was pasted under the Ctrl+LeftClick Server -> paste into EpicOceanOverride (or whatever the field is called. The bottom right one)

Oh. My server is hosted by a datacenter. They setup the server for me. Not sure i could do the editor.

53 minutes ago, enrell said:

Oh. My server is hosted by a datacenter. They setup the server for me. Not sure i could do the editor.

Depends on the data center. If you have FTP access, you can. That's how we do it.

1 hour ago, Dread Pirate Ash said:

Depends on the data center. If you have FTP access, you can. That's how we do it.

so you saying, i can do it locally. then transfer over the file to the server?

i did the custom map using the editor, but i forgo all the additional stuffs

4 hours ago, enrell said:

so you saying, i can do it locally. then transfer over the file to the server?

i did the custom map using the editor, but i forgo all the additional stuffs

Yes. I do all our editing on my personal machine, then upload the changed files to the server, then log into my control panel and boot the server up. You need to know a fair bit about how things work, but there's plenty of guides to help you learn, especially if you don't have people who will be mad about you having to wipe things.