Chocolatine

Make a home, where i can find a place with low claim ?

Hello, i'm finally ready to get out of lawless land for create  my sweet home, but i can't find a place with no claim or canon on it (almost die twice). Can someone now where i can find a little place for me  with no claim on it ? I want to play this game ^^ 

Edited by Chocolatine

Impossible to say, really.  Just get out there and try counter-claims, and hope for the best.

There are several things I won't waste my time doing in Atlas until fixes are finally - if ever - in place, and the main one is bothering to Claim land.  The system is still a mess, and claims still seem to be taken over by other people almost on a whim no matter what you do.  People are still saying in Chat that they lost their claim even though they had been Active and were sleeping on the site when they lost it.

I'd suggest finding a Claim that the owner has set to "you can build here" status, but I would think the chances of someone allowing other people to build on their claim would be pretty close to zero. I certainly wouldn't bother with that crap at this early stage.  How big a place could people build, if you allowed them to have a base there?  Bigger than your own?  How many people could cram themselves into your claim?  A Company of 6 people?  Maybe one of 20 people?  Something else to worry about is that too many people would see the "you can build here" status, laugh, then pillar-spam the place.  Even if that wasn't the case, what if the landowner changes their mind at some point (or loses their Claim) and sets status to "company only"?  No-one knows.

I'm sticking to Lawless for the foreseeable future, because at least life on there has some sort of predictability.  In a few weeks the initial player numbers will drop, too, opening up space as their Claims expire and get challenged.

36 minutes ago, Chocolatine said:

Hello, i'm finally ready to get out of lawless land for create  my sweet home, but i can't find a place with no claim or canon on it (almost die twice). Can someone now where i can find a little place for me  with no claim on it ? I want to play this game ^^ 

We were basically told if your not in a mega company with upwards of a few hundred players then get one or go play unofficial.... Someone said this game in not meant for small company or solo players, You will most likely never find land how does this make you feel??? 

I don't get this. I play solo with no problem. I just want a land for the solo part and find a company after my level is high enough. Like a normal mmo

Edited by Chocolatine

2 minutes ago, Chocolatine said:

I don't get this. I play solo with no problem. 

You know what else you wont get? Land...

So unless you stay on lawless where people crowd you out with over building and lagging the zone then you up a creek with out a paddle.

4 minutes ago, Chocolatine said:

I don't get this. I play solo with no problem. 

sadly @Scorpionshawn isint totaly wrong, there is no land and you wont be able to get any on any of the offical servers, and then there is greifing etc

Just now, Chocolatine said:

Troll attack already ? 

What is a Troll attack? I'm giving you facts bud. Another fact is Ill most like have 300 hours into this game by tomorrow. If Im paying EA and that makes me a tester then there is my results. Big part of this game is missing because of land claims. Also you might want to join a mega company later in the game but whos to say they want you? Also who is to say you will enjoy it then you go back to solo and guess what? NO LAND!

So the claim is the problem ? i don't get how you can play with a big compagny, with out a chance to have a place for you. It's like ..be a slave. ^^

Edited by Chocolatine

Just now, Chocolatine said:

So the claim is the problem ? i don't get how you can play with a big compagny, with out a chance to have a place for you. It's like be slave.  ^^

I'm playing solo and enjoying so far. But I play PVE so other companies aren't so much of a threat.

IMO the easiest way to get a claim when playing solo is to just find some good people and ask them to give away some claim they're not using. I gave away one of my claims, other company in my island had a chance to do the same. I'm not sure if you can deal with the same low level of hostility on PVP servers, assuming you play on one.

Yeah it's a weird game. Almost all the new player are solo/duo like my self. But they can't level up or reach a land because they don't have a place for that in this game. I think it's a big long term problem.  

People may offer you "a small spot on there land" but when you go to farm anything it mostly will be on their mass amount of land and you will be paying a tax rate that will slow your speed of the game down and give them a boost forward only because they got there first and can take unlimited amount of land. There is the prob 3 flags per player should be enough!

There isn't enough land for everyone by design. Most of the map is water. Land is controled by groups and the game is focused around politics, alliances, wars etc. You either join a group (as you need that to proress and experience mid or late game anyway, cant do that solo) or make some deal with them where you get taxed.

If you want to play the game in another way (as having your own everyting and being solo) then unoficial servers will be yor bet.

11 minutes ago, Sharana said:

There isn't enough land for everyone by design. Most of the map is water. Land is controled by groups and the game is focused around politics, alliances, wars etc. You either join a group (as you need that to proress and experience mid or late game anyway, cant do that solo) or make some deal with them where you get taxed.

If you want to play the game in another way (as having your own everyting and being solo) then unoficial servers will be yor bet.

How long till big company has done everything in the game and gets bored? If they do not change the game for people to enjoy that dont want to be in a big company than its a WASH! This game will fall right off the map...

Ill be here in the post to say i told ya so. I seen it happen with Conan and its going to happen to this game. Fact is your turning the game away from a large group of players.

1 minute ago, Chocolatine said:

Exactly the long term problem. 

For a PvP game - when something is in abundance isn't not worth fighting for and isn't stimlating PvP. So it's basic game design for such type of games.

4 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

How long till big company has done everything in the game and gets bored? If they do not change the game for people to enjoy that dont want to be in a big company than its a WASH! This game will fall right off the map...

Ill be here in the post to say i told ya so. I seen it happen with Conan and its going to happen to this game. Fact is your turning the game away from a large group of players.

What keeps such games alive is the constant drama of alliances faiiling apart, backstabs and generally wars that destroy stuff and you need to rebuild. Haven't you played such games? When there isn't such massive resources sink or emerging content you eventually build your small base and get bored even as solo...

There is still land in the tundra and polar regions and areas where tiny clans of a few people dropped huge amounts of claims.  They wouldn't be able to stop you from taking some.  Those regions are brutally hard though. 

Highly unlikely any alliance or guild is going to let you take a claim as a solo player.  They would much rather have a small guild take a claim beause that benefits them more in both defense and taxes.  One person is just low value for the amount of land it takes.  

Other options is you look around the recruiting forums on here and reddit and see if there are any semi friendly companies that allow building by anyone or by allies that will let you build on their claims without giving it up.

8 minutes ago, Sharana said:

For a PvP game - when something is in abundance isn't not worth fighting for and isn't stimlating PvP. So it's basic game design for such type of games.

Yeah, but it's not about abundance of ressource, it's about a place for practice the gameplay of the game. If you can't play and practice the game "by design"...sorry but it's a problem.

12 minutes ago, Sharana said:

What keeps such games alive is the constant drama of alliances faiiling apart, backstabs and generally wars that destroy stuff and you need to rebuild. Haven't you played such games? When there isn't such massive resources sink or emerging content you eventually build your small base and get bored even as solo...

Wrong and Ill be watching the numbers of players everyday when it drops below 10k its over. Means there are no new players coming aboard. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolatine said:

Yeah, but it's not about abundance of ressource, it's about a place for practice the gameplay of the game. If you can't play and practice the game "by design"...sorry but it's a problem.

I agree with you man.

23 minutes ago, Chocolatine said:

Lawless is the "training region" - no claims there and you are free to build.

20 minutes ago, Sharana said:

Lawless is the "training region" - no claims there and you are free to build.

So wrong. You die a lot when you practice a game like atlas, right ? You need to respawn a lot, but guess what ...you can't in lawless region. So you need to go back freeport and start a day over to go back to lawless region. If  you try to make a bed in a boat in lawless region, you get a claim who work's for your boat, so everyone can steal or destroy your bed when you are offline. 

Sorry, but you can't call that a training region.

Edited by Chocolatine

Go to q tundra grid  far away from freeports and try to steal a claim in those lands. 20 fortitude and fur armor are a minimum in tundra regions, 30-40 fort is easier.

Edited by kolpo