darcek

Keratinoid

10 minutes ago, darcek said:

What is the best way to farm this?

By tame? by pick or Hatcet?

Hatchet between it and pick. Can’t remember the tame that specializes in it but haven’t tried yet.

It takes ages to farm,best so far was from Elephants.

If anyone knows of better source would appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, darcek said:

It takes ages to farm,best so far was from Elephants.

If anyone knows of better source would appreciate it.

Actually my advice would be go anywhere that has giant snakes in abundance, which would be anywhere that has giant snakes.  You should shortly have it coming out your ears. Also the wiki specifically lists lions and tigers and wolves (oh my) as proficient farmers of keratanoid, while not listing elephants as such, so perhaps they are a bit better at it.

Edited by boomervoncannon

22 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

giant snakes in abundance, which would be anywhere that has giant snakes.  You should shortly have it coming out your ears.

I actually stumbled into one of those,well its corpse after it went to play with an Elephant.he gave meat.zero bones.

In  ARK Wiki we had this Stars system giving best stars to equipment to gather and also source.

Thats what I was thinking of.

Giant snakes are pain to kill,I rather tackle elephants.

EDIT: I got another one,this one yielded 52 kera.I stand corrected,thanks for the advice 🙂

Edited by darcek

4 minutes ago, darcek said:

I actually stumbled into one of those,well its corpse after it went to play with an Elephant.he gave meat.zero bones.

In  ARK Wiki we had this Stars system giving best stars to equipment to gather and also source.

Thats what I was thinking of.

Giant snakes are pain to kill,I rather tackle elephants.

EDIT: I got another one,this one yielded 52 kera.I stand corrected,thanks for the advice 🙂

I initially based in an eastern temperate lawless zone with snakes everywhere. I had piles of the stuff lying around.

But to be serious, think giant snakes are the best, they give like arround 100 scales per snake as a trade off bcs they give no hide.

• Like 1