Overfiend Longbottoms

Building on Other players Claim Flag Areas and then the Owner of the Flag Changes Permissions , What happens to the other players buildings ?

Hey Guys , Im interested in finding out whats happens when you build on another players Claim Flag Areas and then the Owner of the Flag Changes Permissions , Does your building decay or does it change ownership or is safe  ? Any info would be great , thanks alot guys ! 😄

im going to assume what happen similar to one of my tennats heres the situation. I added an included company id of person to the flag, they then created a company later, thus chanigng id, and it is now set to decay what she had already built. because her id is no longer validly included, which means i need to go change the id so her stuff doesn't decay. so looks like if a landlord kicks osmeone out, they have 7 days to get their stuff

Edited by mizunami
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OOoo I'd like to know this as well, I have someone who's built inside my land, who I don't think has logged in for a couple weeks. It's hard enough living in Tundra having to deal with (in my own property) "Enemy foundation too close". 

So I'm curious if I change the settings now, if he'll be able to keep adding on, or will a decay timer finally kick in?

33 minutes ago, Asanna said:

OOoo I'd like to know this as well, I have someone who's built inside my land, who I don't think has logged in for a couple weeks. It's hard enough living in Tundra having to deal with (in my own property) "Enemy foundation too close". 

So I'm curious if I change the settings now, if he'll be able to keep adding on, or will a decay timer finally kick in?

If a person has a building on land that you later claimed, the building is yours now. You should have full access to it.

6 hours ago, MrTexas said:

If a person has a building on land that you later claimed, the building is yours now. You should have full access to it.

Sadly that is not the case with me. He's built nearly on top of my flag so I cant build due to enemy foundations, but theres no decay timer or anything on his stuff.

I'm having the same issue. Even placed more flags but nothing switched to my company. I've got a huge base now that I cant even use!

Some how, after an admin and myself checked the flags, someone has built in our claim. How can we remove the foundations that are blocking our spawns? 

What happens when you build on a land the allow you to build, and admin has not been active. Can someone claim the land. And can they remove you?

No-one knows anything provable and factual about the new system really, more's the pity.  No way will I waste time building in Claimed land - either mine or anyone else's - until there's some sort of official info.  I've had two bases lost overnight due to the weird claim system, despite being in them and Active before I logged off for sleep, and I'm not about to have it happen again.

• Like 1

So, I tested this last night, some guy had an island spot near me but the flag was contest-able. Heres what went down:

I placed my flag next to his. "Stealing land" message pops up. I check both flags. On his flag I see "Declaiming flag: 5:23:42" on my flag I've got the 10 minute countdown waiting till the flag is finished for actual stealing. 

Heres the outcome:

He had a couple of storage boxes inside this little area and as soon as the claim was complete, it worked and i now own those boxes.

So my question to the Devs are:

If it worked so flawlessly that time, why is it i still have someones house inside my property. I'll give it maybe it's because he built before the new system was in place. I'll even give you that he was maybe there first. But once that became my land and I was able to change the settings via the new patch, why is he still there? Will a countdown timer begin to be active? Will a decay timer kick in if hes moved to a different part of the island? Cause that kind of griefing to me is worse than sinking my boat. Hes making it so I cant live anywhere.

I am not 100% sure, but i built in a part of a mega alpha troll tribes island, that has been set partially free to build by this troll tribe.

It was a stone base on top of a rock. These guys hate me as i often tried to steal from them.

In the morning i got a notice that all of my stone parts have been destroyed by that company, these destruction messages came all from the same minute in time.

This could have not even be the case from mortar fire (would have been taken at least 20-30 minutes).

I assume that in the moment you change the claimflag back to „allow no one“ all buildings in the claim area are immediatelly yours again, so that you can „demolish“ them. Only by that they could have destroyed my stone base that quickly.

Would mean that all building in the territory of another clan is pointless and wasted time.

Edited by Talono

11 minutes ago, Talono said:

I am not 100% sure, but i built in a part of a mega alpha troll tribes island, that has been set partially free to build by this troll tribe.

It was a stone base on top of a rock. These guys hate me as i often tried to steal from them.

In the morning i got a notice that all of my stone parts have been destroyed by that company, these destruction messages came all from the same minute in time.

This could have not even be the case from mortar fire (would have been taken at least 20-30 minutes).

I assume that in the moment you change the claimflag back to „allow no one“ all buildings in the claim area are immediatelly yours again, so that you can „demolish“ them. Only by that they could have destroyed my stone base that quickly.

Would mean that all building in the territory of another clan is pointless and wasted time.

See, there's my issue currently, I have my flags set to not allow anyone in there, in attempts to remove this guy but he's still there. Are you on PVP? Maybe they blew you up?

• Like 1

Claim overlaps can cause thigns not flippign names, but the OP was answered originally, IF you set a claim flag to let peopel build on it, including an included only list, once they are no longer on that list, or its switched to company only with no list, things start decaying at 3 days. beds can no longer be used, etc etc. and this is infact proveable as its currently whats going on on my island, someone created a company i had let build on my land and all her stuff started decaying because her ID changed. 

what our issue was was that we had to kick someone out of the company and had everything set to personally owned. after waiting for the decay timers to go down we still cant destroy it. has anyone found a way to fix it? devs are no longer responding to me

To clarify what I'm getting from this post:

If I build in a neutral claim area, the structures are owned by my company only, and no one else can build in a radius of my structures.  

If the owner of the claim area switched it from neutral to company only, I'll still own the structures, but I'll have a 3 day decay timer regardless if I'm online or not.  Then the owner of the claim can demolish all my shit. 

Is that accurate?

44 minutes ago, Poot Pootington said:

To clarify what I'm getting from this post:

If I build in a neutral claim area, the structures are owned by my company only, and no one else can build in a radius of my structures.  

If the owner of the claim area switched it from neutral to company only, I'll still own the structures, but I'll have a 3 day decay timer regardless if I'm online or not.  Then the owner of the claim can demolish all my shit. 

Is that accurate?

You'll have a timer regardless.

Example:

I cannot build within my territory, theres someone inside my radius who lives there and continues to build even though the settings disallow it. 

We live in an allies area. This puts a timer on our items (as if it's a lawless zone) and starts as soon as we log offline, if he were to switch his settings I believe that timer counts regardless of if we would be online or not. I've had someone place pillars and such inside my area and as soon as the pillars were placed the timer was only 30 minutes.

Just did my own quick test.

I got my neighbour to add me as an allowed builder. I put down a thatch foundation, then got my build id revoked.

The foundation started a countdown-to-decay-demolish-allowed, like lawless does when you're away, except that it still counted down while we were both stood there. I was able to do a normal demolish with the partial materials refund.

It was 3 or 4 days on the timer.

So looks like if your landlord wants you out, you have a little time to move your stuff and get back some of your building's materials.

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 11:48 PM, Overfiend Longbottoms said:

Hey Guys , Im interested in finding out whats happens when you build on another players Claim Flag Areas and then the Owner of the Flag Changes Permissions , Does your building decay or does it change ownership or is safe  ? Any info would be great , thanks alot guys ! 😄

Dude if they decide they want you gone, you are gone and yours is theirs.

if they decide you pay more, you pay more. Awesome system. Not being sarcastic either