On 12/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, AtlasServerList said:

We've already started working on this however due to Christmas and the coming New Years, it will likely be in a beta version a week or so after. We will send out an email to all registered members on our site who have claimed servers and would like to beta test it. This will be limited to about 200 server owners so we can track the feedback / reports accurately. Atlas is very complex so it's like your normal server manager.

Add me for beta test as well please!

On 12/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, AtlasServerList said:

We've already started working on this however due to Christmas and the coming New Years, it will likely be in a beta version a week or so after. We will send out an email to all registered members on our site who have claimed servers and would like to beta test it. This will be limited to about 200 server owners so we can track the feedback / reports accurately. Atlas is very complex so it's like your normal server manager.

I would like to be included in the beta please.

I am curious what approach others have taken to this challenge.

My solution, will be master, slave apps with a nice graphical GUI.  Here's a quick screenshot of the work in progress master app...

asa.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pointy said:

I am curious what approach others have taken to this challenge.

My solution, will be master, slave apps with a nice graphical GUI.  Here's a quick screenshot of the work in progress master app...

asa.png

This is sexy , great work so far man keep it up .... thanks

• Like 1

There are 3 big issues forthe normal users  what an Server manager should help with

1. Gridmap editor to place the islands

2. Redi for the cluster connections

3. auto update

Until some dedicated manager for Atlas is released, you can use almost any ARK manager to manage Atlas server. Arkon etc works fine with Atlas server

My WIP solution is similar in design to pointy's:

image.png.a18a0dd719885f1bded025d912902431.png

Each grid is red if not running, yellow if starting, green if running.

Each grid will eventually display the port information and allow override of server IP if running distributed instead of all on one system.

Also currently in the process of adding in game configuration tabs for multipliers and other INI config file settings (server wide and per-grid).

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 9:37 PM, [RG]Colt said:

There are 3 big issues forthe normal users  what an Server manager should help with

1. Gridmap editor to place the islands

2. Redi for the cluster connections

3. auto update

1) Although they could be combined, in my view the grid editor should be completely separate. You want to keep the manager app as lightweight as possible. My application imports the ServerGridEditor project and  auto configures rcons ports to make setup simple.

2) I haven't delved into the Redis side of things yet other than make a cleaner configuration interface , but plan to add a bunch of stuff to make the setup and maintenance easier.

3) Auto update is a must, to make managing the grid easier and I have just started implementing this today. The application will have some form of smart update, where it updates empty servers first. and broadcasts messages to active servers to warn players of an impending update.

Here's a couple more work in progress pics...

grid.png.f36ab5804e2f4c641bf21154088a6b3f.png

I still a long way to go, but it's coming together slowly.

redis.png

menu.png

• Like 3

hope fully you guys make it simple to use for people who know nothing about programming , i see alot of great tools made for games and there so complex that everyone has to ask a billion questions to try to use them. Other than that keep up the great work looks great.

1 hour ago, cpspok said:

hope fully you guys make it simple to use for people who know nothing about programming , i see alot of great tools made for games and there so complex that everyone has to ask a billion questions to try to use them. Other than that keep up the great work looks great.

Doing my best, as I'm sure @Pointy but ATLAS server configuration is complex, so we can only reduce the configuration a bit, and dress it up with providing a GUI.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dinenon said:

Doing my best, as I'm sure @Pointy but ATLAS server configuration is complex, so we can only reduce the configuration a bit, and dress it up with providing a GUI.

just keep up the good work people like you guys that make things possible , remember that . thanks for the hard work

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 4:46 AM, Pointy said:

1) Although they could be combined, in my view the grid editor should be completely separate. You want to keep the manager app as lightweight as possible. My application imports the ServerGridEditor project and  auto configures rcons ports to make setup simple.

2) I haven't delved into the Redis side of things yet other than make a cleaner configuration interface , but plan to add a bunch of stuff to make the setup and maintenance easier.

3) Auto update is a must, to make managing the grid easier and I have just started implementing this today. The application will have some form of smart update, where it updates empty servers first. and broadcasts messages to active servers to warn players of an impending update.

Here's a couple more work in progress pics...

grid.png.f36ab5804e2f4c641bf21154088a6b3f.png

I still a long way to go, but it's coming together slowly.

redis.png

menu.png

Great work so far!

For those that have insomnia or like reading the ramblings of a middle aged muppet, I am going to try a keep my blog updated with the progress of my Atlas Server Assistant.

You can read part one here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pointy said:

For those that have insomnia or like reading the ramblings of a middle aged muppet, I am going to try a keep my blog updated with the progress of my Atlas Server Assistant.

You can read part one here.

Looks really good so far Pointy! - I think a large majority of us, for now at least are just using a single physical server for our ATLAS grids. Is the server manager in a position to handle a multi grid setup on the same box? Thought it might be a nice way to get some testing it before moving to the master/slave setup for multi physical servers, even if it's in alpha i'd happily test it with my 3x4 grid. 

My buddy and I have already tested a 4x4 server layout. We wanna go for a 6x6 and are thinking about using the Map editor to layout our own custom map. But we are also looking for a program that will give us at least features like saveworld and such. Auto save/auto update and such are nice, like what ASM/CSM/D&LSM all have, but I can live without that so i don't have to start 36 servers all 1 at a time. lol