Even if we get the server app id, how are people going to manage the servers? With out a Atlas server manager its going to be a very painful process, especially with the frequency of updates at the moment.  We desperately need some oceanic servers but until there is a manager i won't be putting mine up

• Confused 1

What do you mean by manager? Every platform ARK is available on has managers because community members wrote them. It'll likely be the same here unless something about ATLAS requires the devs to provides us a manager to pull together the cluster servers.

For those wondering how to setup your own server i believe this will work....

DISCLAIMER!! ***I haven't confirmed if this will work and wont know if it will until the official APPID is released*** NOT MY VIDEO but worked for Conan

I copied my scripts for Conan Exiles, should work with changing the appid once they release the anonymous login ID. Tried using the 1006030 id but it doesn't work with anonymous or otherwise. There are many YouTube videos on how to script this simply. 3 batch files.

*this is the video I used originally to set up my conan server. 

Out of the box there is no manager provided. The core ark server is a .exe that you run, and to configure the server you are changing 2 different txt files. There are 3rd party apps that make life a LOT easier (Ark server launcher and Ark server manager) these also handle restarts, updates, backups and the likes. I have hosted numerous servers using ark server manager, without it, it would be very difficult.
As you state, community members provided these two launchers, who knows how long it will be until we have an Atlas one

Thanks Cybinja, i checked the forum earlier but he hadn't replied. That doesnt look very promising 😕

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rigamortis said:

There are 3rd party apps that make life a LOT easier (Ark server launcher and Ark server manager) these also handle restarts, updates, backups and the likes. I have hosted numerous servers using ark server manager, without it, it would be very difficult.

+1000 on this!

I too have run a 3 node cluster and ASM was a god send for sure! I hope he finds some time to update the current ASM to work with Atlas that would be awesome and make managing a server so much easier. With the above link i posted you have to manually update the server config files to update the server settings. Its a huge pain with out the sleek interface of ASM and sliders. It becomes a bunch of trial and error. Also ASM has the RCON which helps with administration of a private server. Hopefully we will get the appid soon and we can test the conan method out to get past some of these rubberbanding and latency issues. Game looks amazing though and I for one am super stoked to play it stable!

• Like 1

Hey guys, Kogadins here. I'm moderator for the ARK Server Manager and I was made aware of this topic. I'd like to share some info with you regarding this topic:

Bletch - the main developer behind ASM - made pretty clear, that he disagrees with some core decisions made by the company behind Atlas and therefore he is not willing to spend his rare time on this project. Therefore, there won't be any Atlas Server Manager created and supported by the ASM team. 

10 hours ago, Kogadins said:

Hey guys, Kogadins here. I'm moderator for the ARK Server Manager and I was made aware of this topic. I'd like to share some info with you regarding this topic:

Bletch - the main developer behind ASM - made pretty clear, that he disagrees with some core decisions made by the company behind Atlas and therefore he is not willing to spend his rare time on this project. Therefore, there won't be any Atlas Server Manager created and supported by the ASM team. 

Thank you for that Kogadins. Its a shame but understandable. I have used ASM for the last 18 months, fantastic program!

3 hours ago, AtlasServerList said:

We're in the process of creating one. Keep your eyes open for it, we'll make an announcement.

This is great news, please post here as well once you have more info :)

We've already started working on this however due to Christmas and the coming New Years, it will likely be in a beta version a week or so after. We will send out an email to all registered members on our site who have claimed servers and would like to beta test it. This will be limited to about 200 server owners so we can track the feedback / reports accurately. Atlas is very complex so it's like your normal server manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AtlasServerList said:

We've already started working on this however due to Christmas and the coming New Years, it will likely be in a beta version a week or so after. We will send out an email to all registered members on our site who have claimed servers and would like to beta test it. This will be limited to about 200 server owners so we can track the feedback / reports accurately. Atlas is very complex so it's like your normal server manager.

I'd like to put my name down for a beta version please :)

7 hours ago, AtlasServerList said:

Мы уже начали работать над этим, однако из-за Рождества и наступающего Нового Года, вероятно, он будет в бета-версии примерно через неделю или около того. Мы отправим электронное письмо всем зарегистрированным пользователям на нашем сайте, которые заявили о своих серверах и хотели бы провести бета-тестирование. Это будет ограничено примерно 200 владельцами серверов, поэтому мы можем точно отслеживать отзывы / отчеты. Атлас очень сложен, поэтому он как ваш обычный менеджер сервера.

I would like to participate, how to participate?

7 hours ago, AtlasServerList said:

I would like to parcitipate either..my problem is that i need such an manager to host myself. i wanna rent a whole new machine just for atlas.

Please add me. Just ordered a new server box and connecting it to the data center shortly! 🙂

• Like 1

I have to say Thank you for the ARK Manager and i hope the donations will help you a little. I am nerves about the Atlas Manager, my Community is cleaning the Swords already. 😊 I wish all in here a Happy new Gaming Year. 😘

• Like 1