Sign in to follow this  
Bowtie

Help! Stuck in limbo between servers!

The servers went down right as my ship was crossing the server boundary, and now it is stuck between K11 and L11, constantly loading in one, then transferring to the other, back and forth over and over.

It won't let me spawn on my ship.

What can I do to get my ship out of this loading loop??

Edited by Bowtie

Start the Client, Then Start the Client again then on the second instance of the client try to load into the destination side of where you were traveling too....

I don't know how to choose loading into the destination side.

My ship is bouncing back and forth from K11 to L11 and my only choice is to spawn on a bed on the ship, but I can't tell it to load on one map or another.

The ship transfers from K11 in to L11, then immediately transfers back because it's in motion and hitting a server cross boundary from the inside.

Nothing is working yet 

I am getting, "you are currently traveling to another server. Please try again later," a lot when trying to load in.

Edited by Bowtie

Bump.

I need a GM to notice and respond to this immediately please.

Help me rescue my ship and things and get out of this server loop.

It can't be helpful to a server to have my ship transferring back and forth endlessly.

this is one of about 20 different threads exactly like this, to include one I made myself hence I am giving you advice to get out....

In none of those threads did any GM ever respond or attempt to help, some of those threads people were stuck for days!!!

I did a google search and forum search and discovered the advice I just gave you and at first I was frustrated to and couldnt figure out the advice.

But then I finally did attempt to follow it... I closed the game down I started the game and instead of clicking the typically place to connect to my ship!  I started the Game again, and then attempted to join. 

So you are telling me to run the game twice and play on the second one and leave the first at the menu screen?

Just now, Bowtie said:

So you are telling me to run the game twice and play on the second one and leave the first at the menu screen?

Yes and you may need to go into the game like you would if you were new and pick the server and the location....  if you can't get to your bed....  if you can get to a different bed you can fast travel to your bed on the ship after you get it.....

So first try connecting normally via the second client....  if that doesnt work then try to connect with the second client via choosing server, choosing home region, or whatever bed you have available thats not the ship....

I don't have a problem loading into my base and trying to get onto my ship from another bed.

The problem is my ship. It's bouncing back and forth between servers, so if I load on the ship, I get disconnected and told I am traveling to another server.

I can watch it on the map bounce back and forth. I need to get the ship out of the loading zone.

You need to load into the destination side, of where your ship is traveling too....  when I had this happen it was a lawless zone and you could still select lawless zones as your home region...  

So I started the client twice selected the server and selected the lawless zone my ship was traveling too and logged in and bam it worked magically....

But for me and most people stuck in this situation they were litterally stuck... they had no base and no other ship... if you have a way out you may just want to bite the bullet or travel to it and see if you can't save it....

I did that, too. Ended up in the water next to a ship that would appear, sail five feet very quickly, and when I would get on the ladder it would disconnect me saying I was now traveling into the very square I already loaded into. Ad infinitum.

Are there not GMs to help?? 

A different company got a GM to personally help with a company leadership issue.

I need a GM to my ship out of this loading zone!!

We had this to, the ship would load in on one side and then the other side and we could not load in on it 🙂

We got it out by spawning in as close to is as we could and making a raft and sailing back to the side it was loading into and getting on it as it showed up and getting it out.

Worked for us.

Edited by Noobsta

Honestly with the game in such early access and the constant updates I have their Twitter open 24/7. If they say the game is going down in 15 minutes I dont care where I am I stop. Because they always roll back a few minutes and I don't wanna get screwed.

Not saying you did this to yourself for not being cautious, but the only thing that's going to happen is they will tell you to send a support ticket, then 3 weeks later after you've given up you'll get a reply. If you're lucky on the next update it'll bump the code just enough that it'll bounce your ship out.