Sign in to follow this  
Neeko

Patches in weird times and un-respected announces

You guys seriously need to pack it up and do patches in correct timings or respect the timings you give in announces.

Everytime I see a "we deploy patch in 5 minutes" is either wait for hours for the patch to come, and we are forced to stay still waiting for patch, else we'd relog in the middle of ocean or whatever and lose everything.. 

Just prepare the patch, and when it's ready do your announce, it doesn't make any sense to let everyone wait for hours after an announce in which dev said 5 minutes..

• Like 1

Jat stated that sometimes when they give short ETA’s and those get delayed because something comes in between.. which is, in my opinion pretty stupid. Give an ETA of 30 mins when an update is 100% good to go and not announce stuff when it isn’t done yet. 

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

Jat stated that sometimes when they give short ETA’s and those get delayed because something comes in between.. which is, in my opinion pretty stupid. Give an ETA of 30 mins when an update is 100% good to go and not announce stuff when it isn’t done yet. 

That's exactly what I meant. It's just bullshit to leave peoples think server's have an update in X times, and then nothing, or when they just instapatch without any warnings... 

4 hours ago, Neeko said:

You guys seriously need to pack it up and do patches in correct timings or respect the timings you give in announces.

Everytime I see a "we deploy patch in 5 minutes" is either wait for hours for the patch to come, and we are forced to stay still waiting for patch, else we'd relog in the middle of ocean or whatever and lose everything.. 

Just prepare the patch, and when it's ready do your announce, it doesn't make any sense to let everyone wait for hours after an announce in which dev said 5 minutes..

I'll throw out those 2 words everyone seems to forget or hate so often. Early Access.

I feel people forget that it's a game in working progress and it's being worked on as we speak. What you're basically saying is... "Hi, I bought game and I know it's in testing, you know early access but dumb devs keep pushing updates and it make me mad because I make time to play test game in moments and it ruin my immersion and now I die I want reimbursement cause even tho early access I think only once every 6 months they should make changes cause it's hurting my gaming time cause i wanna play the game i don't care about early access"

Edited by Jaite

39 minutes ago, Jaite said:

I'll throw out those 2 words everyone seems to forget or hate so often. Early Access.

I feel people forget that it's a game in working progress and it's being worked on as we speak. What you're basically saying is... "Hi, I bought game and I know it's in testing, you know early access but dumb devs keep pushing updates and it make me mad because I make time to play test game in moments and it ruin my immersion and now I die I want reimbursement cause even tho early access I think only once every 6 months they should make changes cause it's hurting my gaming time cause i wanna play the game i don't care about early access"

So, you're basically saying games should not have proper announcements and should not have maintenance scheleduled properly.

Yes, good luck with that, let's see how far will go the game without that.

Early access or not, doesn't mean shit, honestly, it's still a game open to public and thus the public shall be warned and kept informed. If you don't do so, then go peel potatoes cause game industry isn't your field.

Edited by Neeko

21 minutes ago, Neeko said:

So, you're basically saying games should not have proper announcements and should not have maintenance scheleduled properly.

Yes, good luck with that, let's see how far will go the game without that.

Early access or not, doesn't mean shit, honestly, it's still a game open to public and thus the public shall be warned and kept informed. If you don't do so, then go peel potatoes cause game industry isn't your field.

I'm basically saying that if I tell you, the buyer, that this product is in working progress. You get the prototype for cheap and early for helping us test but then you cry and moan everyday about how we're doing our jobs.

Stop buying EA games then crying about it going through the cycles of production.

Edited by Jaite

The fix that just happened was a maaaassssiiivve exploit.  People literally flying around and destroying any and everything with a single command.  Similar to admin mode + destruction.  Some things are important enough to not wait for a normal patch time and need to get rolled out asap.  Videos all over reddit if you want to see.

As for the announcement stuff, they are huge clusters of servers and it happens in a rolling method so sometimes it takes 30 minutes+ to get from whatever server they started with on the map to the one your on.  

And as someone else said, its still early access and the beginning of it even so expecting any sort of stability, whether in game or in schedule, is a bit silly.  

49 minutes ago, Jaite said:

I'm basically saying that if I tell you, the buyer, that this product is in working progress. You get the prototype for cheap and early for helping us test but then you cry and moan everyday about how we're doing our jobs.

Stop buying EA games then crying about it going through the cycles of production.

That's not an excuse to have a shit maintenance team/handling, that's just hiding the head under the ground like a ostrich and pretend everything is fine because it's EA.