Omgthisnamesux

5hr 30m to Claim Land now? Really?

Apparently whatever land claim changes were made are a bit ridiculous.  I'm on a Polar island where someone spam claimed a bunch of land along the shore.  They have no buildings or structures, and they have not been active on the island for a week.  I decided to go over and claim one piece that was along the coast so I could build a shipyard.

The declaim timer came up as : 5h 29m 29s

I'm assuming this is a bug and not just crappy system design - but on the off chance it is crappy system design, here are some pointers/ideas.

1) Claim flags should have decay, just like everything else in the game.  People spam claim non-stop, as they are sailing, walking around etc...  Adding decay will open up abandoned lands and make it so all the people complaining about not finding land have a better chance - and will update the "control map" with a more accurate depiction of who is actually doing well, not simply who spam places claim flags.

2) If you're going to make a variable based system with regards to land claiming - as it sounds like you're trying to do.  Don't make it based on land ownership or whatever arbitrary number you're currently suing... make it based on actual activity.  Are there any buildings on the claimed land?  No? Faster/Lower timer (sorry 5 hours for an empty lot is just plain moronic)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

OP I understand your frustration.

in a way I can see merit in the design for the longer claims if you have less flags. I personally only claimed 2 spots and it has worked out fine for me. One of those spots were raided and the raiders attempted to claim while I was offline for 6 hours sleeping IRL. I managed to jump on and sail a ship over and save my base. So that for me is a godsend as a small group player.

that being said, I do agree that the claims should require materials like tool cupboards in rust do to maintain. Otherwise they should decay along with everything in the claim to increase server performance and free up some land for everybody to use . 

I personally wish you could put down a max of 3 claims per player to stop claim spamming. 

Goodluck with your ship ship yard buddy.

if you are on NA PVP and you need help I’d be happy to assist.

regards,

TRADER MAN CO. 

Polar Express

Is not that bad, land is more difficult to get and it is more difficult to steal it. 

For me ok.

6 hours claim is just fucking stupid specially since if the one you trying to claim it from walk into the circle (Or just anybody not in your guild or alliance) over and over they keep getting their time back they spent in it + 30 seconds 

like we were fighting for some land plots on islands we were attacking for about 2- 3 hours for 1 claim back when it was 30 minutes declaim timer because they keept coming there running in naked with the beautiful meta of naked fire arrow people

6 hours declaims basicly means whats left to do is run around naked with fire arrows and sink ships while people are offline, great content planned for the future im sure this will really keep players interested in the game. 😍

sure there is a way to go around it to make that 6hours into 15 minutes but i dunno will i get banned for exploiting if i do?

Edited by Shieldnoob

Wait... claimingnland went from 40min to 5 hours? Do the devs thinknall we do is play atlas all day?

Edited by Bad News Bear
  • Like 1

the problem of 5 hours is that it is sufficient that a person passes on the claim to reset the counter to 5 hours.

i did one last night took around 10 hours in the middle of the night..  im nervous to build there not to sure if flags are working right yet. i keep all my stuff on lawless for now

correct me if i'm wrong, but flags have a 3 day timer and lawless has 4 day timer?

if that's right imma stick to lawless for awhile  lol

It is super difficult to stay inside of that claim for that specified amount of time. If you devs are going to keep it that long at least let us leave the claim!

I can not see the general direction, their „path“ concerning the claim system.

1) On launch we had 1 hour 40 minutes to claim an enemy flag

- lazy streamers/troll alpha tribes complained

2) Devs did change to 40 minutes to claim an enemy flag

- happy alpha troll tribes took all islands

- alpha troll tribes noticed that small companies counterattacked and claimed in 40 minutes

- big crying!shouting and whining orgy to the devs

3) Devs changed claim to 6 hours for an enemy flag

- alpha troll tribes are very happy that they can own all land forever! Without dirty small company insects who dare to have wish for freedom disturbing them

• Like 3

5:30 hours if the enemy has a few flags. if you contest an enemy which have a lot flags you take it in less than 30 minutes

Remember that part of the trailer where cannonfire breaks the enemy gates and a few brave men rush in to take over the fort? The attackers even had rifles.

Can't wait to see this in the actual game lol.

Wait till you see how long it takes claiming a gallion... 17hrs 😛 ( easier to sink and salvage ) 
Landwise trolls claimed one of our allies land and after we went to help they just demolished everything...
Reclaim needs to be fixed

12 hours ago, ibarnei said:

5:30 hours if the enemy has a few flags. if you contest an enemy which have a lot flags you take it in less than 30 minutes

This is not correct, i tried to claim from a huge company owning several islands.

5:30 hours.

Honestly i think Company should be allowed 1 Flag in Alliance per Company.  Everywere else in the game.   It should be just like Lawless but with ability to spawn beds everywere.  Claim flags to be used only for Taxation purpson.

In other words you can build anywere as long as its not close to enemy foundation. use Flags to cause Taxation option.

• Like 1

An interesting concept would be for claim flags to absorb each other and for time manipulation to be based on that absorption + activity.  Example:

An individual player is given 1 claim flag only.

I place my claim flag, the takeover time for my single claim flag is 6 hours - as currently I'm a solo player and basically only have 1 piece of land.

My friend joins me in playing Atlas and we form a company together.

My friend now places their claim flag nearish to mine, as he wishes to build as well.

The two flags now become one flag, and the timer for claiming the flag reduced to 5 hours 30 minutes - as we are just two people, and basically have minimal land impact.

The above continues as multiple members join the company and place their flags on our core island.  Each flag placed reduces the overall time for claiming the land on the core flag and expands the area of influence.

In addition to the size of the company and the number of players, there is also activity - if we do not play for a week, a decay timer clicks down on the claim flag - if we are offline for a full 24 hours, the overall time reduces by 15% (i'm making up a number) - once we are all completely offline for 4 days, the timer is set to minimum claim time of 10 minutes.

This would address abandoned areas, make land claiming dynamic based on size of company etc..etc..

Just a thought.

• Like 1

5 Hours for claim with a reset if 1 ennemy walk in the area is stupid. 

My suggestion

Same system, but contesting the claim doesn't reset the Timer but reverse it when player that can contest are in the area.

The total claim totals is broken, see:

The range of declaim timers goes from 6 hours (1 land claim) to 15 minutes (a lot of land claims, unknown minimum for 15 minutes).
I believe the idea is if you are conservative with your claimed land you are given more chance to keep it, and if you're a mega-company just claiming land all over you'll have a harder time keeping it. Basically, the devs are wanting to prevent one company from owning the whole map.

You can believe what you want, it is definitly 5:30 hours independent of the claimed flag number. Furthermore even the 5:30 hours are not true as all megatribes use the daisy chain bug, which means, that through claim circle overlap no flag of the megatribe can be claimed. 

If you try you get immediatelly a „contested“ message and a sword is appearing over your flag although there is definitly no other player or sleeper around. If you leave the area you get a message „your claim failed“ and your claim flag is removed.

I explained that often enough now, but nobody seems to be interested.

One flag per guild, with a maintenance system. a system similar to that of Life is feudal, where there are 3 different levels of flag. and on the system of conquest, that there is only the possibility of stealing the territory by accessing the main flag, with which it would make sense to fortify a base. Right now it is foolish to create a fortified base, if anyone can steal it at night by simply placing a flag in your territory.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, Bad News Bear said:

Wait... claimingnland went from 40min to 5 hours? Do the devs thinknall we do is play atlas all day?

Frankly, when it was 40 minutes it required more playtime... Now that its longer, you dont gotta worry about some loser stealing all your shit at 4 am.

For all of you complaing..6 hours is not a long time for a group who put 6 weeks of grinding into their land. To go offline and have that taken would be BS...stop complaining that you dont have land or couldnt find it on time..foh