Sign in to follow this  
Looney Beast

How to fix Alphas

At the moment alphas are very gamebreaking because they will kill every tame or player nearly instant. So there is no reason to tame atm. For hard PvE content we can go

to the golden Ruins... 

Easy fix and how alphas should be anyways:  The Alpha variations should do only 1.5-2x more dmg then normal animals do. Hp should be round about 3-5x as it is on the non alpha variations.

Btw Tames should get a little less dmg from wild animals too.

Sometimes it is so easy to fix things hm?

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they just did away with them entirely for the time being, at least until they get spawn rates, balance, and wall/obstacle clipping under control. 

• Like 4

Alpha bunnies make great lion squeaky toys..... 

But im in the boat with you on this tho alpha creatures are way to common i see several daily, and f.... me if its a wolf or lion.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ocellatusa said:

Alpha bunnies make great lion squeaky toys..... 

But im in the boat with you on this tho alpha creatures are way to common i see several daily, and f.... me if its a wolf or lion.

Well yeah, I have no problem with the non-aggro alphas, it's the aggro predator alphas that delight in spawn camping you and tearing down everything you build and killing you repeatedly if you try and stop them that I'll take a rain check on. 

• Like 4

I agree with just removing them all together. The only way me and my guys have been able to kill any alpha a-holes is when we get them to fall in our taming pen. We then proceed to firing line them but the amount of shots that is required is ridiculous. We managed to hit one with a cannon last night as I was trapped on a rock being bait. Did a whopping 46 damage. I too have no issues with the non-aggro alphas. I would be ok if they just made all alphas non-aggro that way it gave you the option of picking that fight. Nothing worse than pulling aggro from the other side of a hill and then an alpha lion comes bounding over the hill on the F-U express and one shots your lvl 40 something wolf and then proceeds to one shot you on the steps of your home. 

Please just either get rid of them all together or make them all non aggressive, allowing you to pick the fight if you feel bad enough to drop an alpha 

• Like 2

Alphas are definitely game breaking at this point in time. Nothing enjoyable about trying to tame anything. The wolves/snakes need to be toned down too. I wanna know in what world a single lvl 15 wolf can kill a lvl 29 rhino...

Alphas are a great source of experience... but realy, they give nothing else than that, more enjoyable is going ona  treasure hunt which gives as much if not more exp than an alpha than slapping a sticking thro our stone wall head for few minutes in which time we would rather prefer to load/unload our ship and get moving for another supply travel. Gods save from having to gather some wood or rock behind home , the only way to survive alpha that is faster than player is by getting into water or behind stone wall bcs there is no fair fight, we could one-tap a wolf with reflex and precision before guns were nerfed (now we are forced to take damage from everything that is faster than player bcs guns are just water guns, they are good to kill vultures and fish we guess...), we can't do that to an alpha wolf, it will kill us in 2-4 hits, depends if having equilibrium buff and what lvl alpha is, when didn't have fur armor and health stats, would not survive even 1 hit... "insert counterplay being put into trash bin". They also give nothing special, just a ton of hide, meat and whatever, we don't get better at killing their species by % dmg or we don't get some cool bp, we just get more hide to our 10k+ collection and amount of food that no one can eat except maybe mega tribe.

please just remove or explain WHY they are even here. They don't even give great experience now.

We sacrificed yet another bear to an alpha wolf. I finished taming it 2 minutes before that. But at least our elephant was safe. 

Wolves and alphas are out of control and it's not fun.

• Like 3