Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Poll - predators/alpha spawns

Predator/Alpha zone poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Predator numbers.

• There are too many predators/alphas.
    • The number of predators/alphas is just about right.
    • There are not enough predators/alphas.
  2. 2. Zones played in

• I mostly play in tundra zones.
    • I mostly play in tropic zones.
    • I mostly play in temperate zones.
    • I mostly play in desert zones.
  3. 3. Solo/Grouped

• I mostly play solo.
    • I mostly play with a group of others.

I hope I got this right.

Now that lawless islands are getting their first taste of alphas, I'm curious as to what everyone's opinion is of whether there are too many, not enough or just the right amount of predators/alphas based on the regions they play in.

Gaming companies like Wildcard base many of their decisions on statistics. I'm hoping the results of this poll will be large enough to have an influence on their decision making process.  PLEASE take a moment and take the poll.

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind the number of predators if clearing them out around a base would last more than 5 minutes.  Respawn times are ridiculous.  It makes it very difficult to do any kind of material collection when you can't leave your base without getting swarmed.  If I could clear out the wolf packs around and have even a half hour of relief, it would make a huge difference.

The alphas are just out of control.

• Like 3

Alphas are pointless. We have no tools to deal with them and they one shot players and tames.

Just get rid of them or make an island where people can go Alpha hunting. Although it seems like the XP was nerfed on them so I'm not sure if that's even needed now.

• Like 2

I agree with that Clowandering fella.  Going out to harvest some fiber; wait, let me kill those two crocs, four giant snakes, rattlesnake, and a couple scorpions first.  Right, good.  Sickle sickle sickle sickle GIANT SNAKE APPEARS WITH FRIENDS.

I really hate snakes now, almost to an Indiana Jones level.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pink_Floyd said:

I agree with that Clowandering fella.  Going out to harvest some fiber; wait, let me kill those two crocs, four giant snakes, rattlesnake, and a couple scorpions first.  Right, good.  Sickle sickle sickle sickle GIANT SNAKE APPEARS WITH FRIENDS.

I really hate snakes now, almost to an Indiana Jones level.

At least rats aren't an issue yet? 😄

Yesterday me and and my crew mate went on an expedition to a small island in the tundra region and there were at least 25 wolves and 6 lions constantly spawning. We would kill off a group of 15 and while working on the rest of the wolves and lions a new spawn of 3 wolves and a lion would spawn creating a never ending spawn of predators.

After spending almost an hour clearing these packs we ended up with a count of kills which totaled in 98 wolves and 25 lions which we killed and still could barely touch the land as they kept on spawning and denying us access to the beach. So in no certain terms we decided to leave this hellhole and continue on to the next.

P.S. most of these predators would spawn with a level of 1-5 or 15-24 constantly. And even after killing as many as we did I barely gained any XP at my current level of 48.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Graylance Ravenwind said:

Yesterday me and and my crew mate went on an expedition to a small island in the tundra region and there were at least 25 wolves and 6 lions constantly spawning. We would kill off a group of 15 and while working on the rest of the wolves and lions a new spawn of 3 wolves and a lion would spawn creating a never ending spawn of predators.

After spending almost an hour clearing these packs we ended up with a count of kills which totaled in 98 wolves and 25 lions which we killed and still could barely touch the land as they kept on spawning and denying us access to the beach. So in no certain terms we decided to leave this hellhole and continue on to the next.

P.S. most of these predators would spawn with a level of 1-5 or 15-24 constantly. And even after killing as many as we did I barely gained any XP at my current level of 48.

We live in the tundra. you're lucky the vultures didn't join in. It's awful up here for spawns. Leaving base is a group activity and we never bring out the elephant alone just in case there's an alpha. we will sacrifice a bear or wolf to save the elephant.

Even in the same biome there are big differences between predator spawns, near my current tundra base is the wolf spawn rate somewhat too high. But I have also visited tundra islands with ridiculous high wolf spawn rates. Maybe because my base is on a big island and the wolf swarm island was smaller.

Even on the same Island do you have regional differences: snakes, tigers and cows never spawn near my base, but I have seen them in other parts of my Island.

Edited by kolpo

Im sure the fan boys will tell everyone to join big comps to survive yet more people play solo than in big groups this is killing the game. Also some fan boy just told me Devs should never listen to the players rofl thats whats happening here looks like

Have to say i play with a small group on a role play server the alphas are immersion breaking and way to many hopefully at a later point we will have mods to help with this i dont see alphas as a challenge the way they are now i see them as a broken raid boss placed out side his raid zone.

had to say i play mostly solo since there was not an i play in a small group.

and alphas are way to common i would prefer rares and  or named creatures that possibly were group or raid bosses for better loot at the moment all you get if you manage to live long enough is a little more meat hide and experience.

I am hoping they will be rare in the future or have a much better reward when actually managed to be killed.

• Like 1

This poll shows a very sad direction the game is going in. Over half are solo(you will be disappointed), almost half live in the tundra(where the hard animals are supposed to be, recruit difficulty incoming), and an overwhelming amount of people think there are too many(supreme recruit difficulty incoming).

well you might want less but what I see happening is them making tames more powerful so they can handle the alphas and other predators. They will also raise the level of tames. Once that happens we can all sit back and enjoy ark again because tames will be the single most important factor in the game. 

I am fine with that. This was never really a survival game anyway

Jat specifically said that tames are not meant to be a primary part of the game. They will not get buffed.
I am one that lives in the tundra because it has less people in it, what we are mostly asking for is a slower respawn time. If we kill all the predators in the area, they should not all be back before we can put pick to stone. We have a crew member who doesn't wear armor because it's not worth the cost to repair or the pain to try and recover it.

• Like 1