Sign in to follow this  
Murreth

The changes to waterspouts...

So because of the jackasses who are griefing ships I created a ship pen to store my ships in when they're parked at my home island. (Pictured) so I sail my Ramshackle into it and no sooner do I close the gates and head to park a raft but a storm starts. No biggie I tell my friend, they only hurt me, not the ships.

Little did I know there's been a terrible change, now the waterspouts move the ships. My ship got bashed into the gates and destroyed within 45 seconds. Now, I mean it was just a Ramshackle and I got all the stuff out of it, but now the ship pen I spent all that time on is useless. Not only that but I can't park my ship too far out to sea or the SOTD will get it, but if I park it too close to shore the waterspouts will ram it into the shore or the dock or whatever.

I have no problem with the waterspouts moving the ships, but they should not happen in a radius around the islands. I'm building a schooner and now I'm terrified to finish it knowing all the work I've put into it because if the SOTD don't get it the Chinese will, or if they don't the waterspouts will. I don't know what the devs were smoking when they came up with this BS, but it needs fixing NOW.

20190111023359_1.jpg

4 hours ago, RyuujinZERO said:

Waterspouts used to dissipate if they hit water shallow enough to anchor in, do they not do that anymore?

This ship pen is right next to land, the water is pretty shallow. I don't know if it's anchor shallow but I'll check.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

Anchoring should keep it safe.

This has helped me in the past, anchor and it should be ok.

• Like 1

Yeah, so my ship pen is in pretty shallow water but apparently not shallow enough for the anchor. Which is another thing, I get you can't anchor in the middle of the ocean, but the length of the anchor line is way too short in my opinion. It seems like you need to be in ankle deep water to anchor.

It's really only the nose needs to be in shallow water. I've seen the front end of the ship touching shallow water and the back halve sticking out still able to anchor. Looking at the chain length didn't mean anything since it was 3 or 4 times as long reaching to the bottom so the length didn't matter from the start. Find a place to anchor before you place your ships.

• Like 1