Sign in to follow this  
Firespark81

Official explanation on how land claiming works

We need someone from grapeshot to give an official explanation on the full mechanics of how land claiming works on both PVE and PVP. We can not find bugs and report them to you if we do not have a detailed understanding of how land claiming works. For example how is it I can camp a spot for 4 days and every time I try to steal land on pve it says it has had recent upkeep but yet a location I claimed gets stolen from me even though I visited it the same day it got stolen? Why do some locations say recent upkeep and others allow you to try to steel but just read contested the whole time after you place a flag? Then other times they can actually be stolen? 
If you have twitter please retweet this to jat https://twitter.com/Firespark81/status/1083582488612651008
If you do not have twitter please just reply to this post asking for an explanation from an official. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Do not post your land claiming theories here. This is not the place for them. This is a petition for and official breakdown of the mechanics. So unless you work for Grapeshot we don't want to know how you think the mechanics work.

Edited by Firespark81
  • Sad 1

What theories? If you want the explaination of "how it works" many players can tell you that. Maybe you want to know how it SUPPOSED to work?

btw did you hear about blackbox testing?

Edited by Nuka

Well, if you place your flag either it is „contested“ if sleepers, tames, NPC or other players are close (sword over the flag) or your 40 minute claim countdown starts (little arrow up over the flag).

This is, how it SHOULD work. In reality overlapping claim circles are daisy chained, so if your desired claim flag of an enemy is overlapping other of his claim circles (which ALWAYS is the case) then you cant claim any of his flags and will be always contested, because far on the other side of the island 10 miles away there is a sleeper somewhere in one of his houses.

Very cool broken game. This is why you can never take any land, even if there is 100% no other player/sleeper close/around.

• Like 1

if they are active the 3 day timer is refreshed , recent upkeep so safe 

if there are sleepers and haven’t played for 2-3 months they will age and die once the ageing system is active the. u can claim 

everyone looking at the now not what will be implanted later 

u do age when sleeping and logged out 

3 hours ago, Firespark81 said:

We need someone from grapeshot to give an official explanation on the full mechanics of how land claiming works on both PVE and PVP. We can not find bugs and report them to you if we do not have a detailed understanding of how land claiming works. For example how is it I can camp a spot for 4 days and every time I try to steal land on pve it says it has had recent upkeep but yet a location I claimed gets stolen from me even though I visited it the same day it got stolen? Why do some locations say recent upkeep and others allow you to try to steel but just read contested the whole time after you place a flag? Then other times they can actually be stolen? 
If you have twitter please retweet this to jat https://twitter.com/Firespark81/status/1083582488612651008
If you do not have twitter please just reply to this post asking for an explanation from an official. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Do not post your land claiming theories here. This is not the place for them. This is a petition for and official breakdown of the mechanics. So unless you work for Grapeshot we don't want to know how you think the mechanics work.

and do u really think that stupid red txt u use give your post any weight just annoying to read 

Edited by uli
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Firespark81 said:

Wildcard has never given any "official" gaming mechanics since the first day of Ark bud. You have to either 1. wait and let someone else figure it out for you or 2. figure it out yourself. It's not rocket science dude, get out there and play. Stop acting like you're entitled to an explanation. 

All of you posting this is how it works you have no proof and its almost impossible to prove unless you team up with another group unclaim a section of your territory, let them claim it then wait 3 days and run tests. Has anyone done this? If you have not then its just a theory. That is exactly why I asked you in big red letters not to post theories because without proof that's all it is. It's all stuff we have heard before. I've also heard that the 3 day thing is a one off, that tames don't count, that tames do count, sleepers don't count, they do count, and a load of other stuff that people just assume.

@BONEDANCER I'm not entitled. WE are entitled as community. Second no one is going to figure it out because apparently its a convoluted broken mess. I have seen 100 people say 100 different things. No one has the slightest clue and no one has any actual proof. Maybe you should consider trying to actually contribute something to the community instead of making post trying to start arguments.

2 hours ago, Bonedancer said:

Wildcard has never given any "official" gaming mechanics since the first day of Ark bud. You have to either 1. wait and let someone else figure it out for you or 2. figure it out yourself. It's not rocket science dude, get out there and play. Stop acting like you're entitled to an explanation. 

Oh and here is an example of them explaining mechanics in the patch notes. So yea...

- Changed how custom blueprints are crafted for STACKABLE items when they're given a stat roll:
> If a stackable item is crafted from the same blueprint and you already have an item crafted from that blueprint in your inventory, it will stack on that pre-existing item and not receive a different Intelligence Stat Bonus.
> If you want a different roll from the same blueprint, you must make sure that you do not have an item which was crafted from that same BP in your inventory (stated or non)
> This means that you can keep rolls by keeping the item in your inventory when crafting from the BP, even if you do not have the level of intelligence required to get the crafting bonus. Alternatively, you can remove the stated item from your inventory to get a new roll from the BP.

from my experience any claim flags placed early on before the upkeep timer was fixed are bugged still and will go into negative timer preventing you from taking it for longer. any new flags that are PLACED and not stolen will have fixed timers and be super easier to steal. not commenting on the 3 day timer etc but ive tested new and old flags and new ones are easier to take as they are not bugged 

Edited by wakkytabbaky