Sign in to follow this  
Armin v. Salz

Too many Mega Tribes ?

Ahoi

I think that are too many mega tribes. All Land in warm zones are claimed. Lawless Region overstuck or protected. Where is the end of this i dont get it 😄 ?

Not all land is claimed check out some of the ice islands or ally up with other clans. 

If there is to many, then they are no megas. The balance is there is a Lot. Unbalanced would be a single mega ruling everything.

This game should not play as solo. Solo or small can rent land and protection from biggers one, anyway.

6 minutes ago, Manaos said:

If there is to many, then they are no megas. The balance is there is a Lot. Unbalanced would be a single mega ruling everything.

This game should not play as solo. Solo or small can rent land and protection from biggers one, anyway.

if you only have megas, naval battles and land seiges wont happen as it will be too much trouble for little gain.

• Like 1

Play the meta game. Recruit people. Join a tribe. Form Alliances. 

We are in a period where many many many smaller companies are going to cease to exist in the coming weeks and major companies will form. Get on side with one of them. 

If you want an idea of how this pans out. Go study Eve Online. You can see that game (which is much much larger) is controlled by larger alliances. This game will head in that direction you can be sure. 

2019-01-12 12_40_13-Window.jpg

• Like 1

> bringing up eve

See this dark region in the middle? This is a place where small corps and solo players thrive without having to compete with whales until they feel like joining them. This is where corporations go to prepare for retaliation after loosing a territory control war. This is what allows eve to have many player types - traders, small pirate groups, mercenaries, fortune seekers, any archtype you can find in a sci-fy novel - and not just worker bees. This is what makes eve basically the only hardcore mmorpg that is still alive and well after all these years. We don't have such places in atlas.

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LaiTash said:

> bringing up eve

See this dark region in the middle? This is a place where small corps and solo players thrive without having to compete with whales until they feel like joining them. This is where corporations go to prepare for retaliation after loosing a territory control war. This is what allows eve to have many player types - traders, small pirate groups, mercenaries, fortune seekers, any archtype you can find in a sci-fy novel - and not just worker bees. This is what makes eve basically the only hardcore mmorpg that is still alive and well after all these years. We don't have such places in atlas.

Its what happens with every failing PvP game that comes along...they compare it to EvE. I guess because Eve has longevity. But Eve is surely not the poster child for anything. A lot of it is smoke and mirrors and what you DONT want happening in a game.

Atlas was and has catered to the streamers (regardless of country of origin) which a byproduct of was large crews (made up of their subs) and mass bodies to throw at whatever came along.

As it stands right now 12-15 large mega companies control most of the maps(S). Only people who thinks that is a good idea is someone willing to be a zombie in one of the zerg armies.

But now that these large groups are established and whereabouts known there is still never any conflict between them. These guys are all too willing (the first few weeks) to go out and beat up on smaller groups and offline people with their zergs. But when they encounter a major group they all do the 'diplomacy' thing. But to be fair the 'diplomacy' thing started before then as they allied and merged with anyone they thought could be a threat as they were organizing their mega company.

I have said it over and over again.  Company pops should be lowered even more. I know they lowered them to 500 but too many. They should also limit the amount of land a company can own. As well as making the same limitations on any alliances. They should also time limit alliances for any companies that claim to be 'pirate' (or are deemed pirate through an in game actions algorithm). They should also introduce some sort of 'faction' system. Along with a bounty system and anything they can that would make it 'worth' it for groups to engage more.

When resources are so easy to get along with everything else there is no real incentive for large groups to fight each other for land. And really no need to fight each other at all. Which sort of defeats the whole purpose of PvP. Sure you might have a random ship sunk or skirmish here and there but no outright mass war declarations.

The way these developers have tried to define 'sandbox' is lazy. You can see how bad it gets in a very short time. People were sailing galleons within 36 hours of launch (despite those days being basically unplayable). Now these mega companies have hundreds of ships and control over half the controllable zones in the game.

The biggest irony to all this is that the servers cant handle half the (limited) population they claim to be able to. So mega fights and battles are already impossible. Two companies with over 1K people per with 30% of their players online at once would need (realistically) 8 servers/maps to have any sort of  halfway decent  fight. Thats a pretty large area for a 'fullscale' fight. Thats why letting these groups get so big and control so much land is just stupid. Because it is a logistical impossibility to have any sort of 'gameplay' (that was shown in the trailers and make believe videos) with the way the game is set up now.

It may remedy itself as more and more people leave these groups and other groups start forming (if people continue to play) Which I think is what the devs think or hope will happen. But anyone who has played any game knows when devs leave 'open ended' content thinking it will go in a predictable direction, it never does. And usually goes horribly opposite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, rodarin said:

Its what happens with every failing PvP game that comes along...they compare it to EvE. I guess because Eve has longevity. But Eve is surely not the poster child for anything. A lot of it is smoke and mirrors and what you DONT want happening in a game.

You're wrong on so many levels I could post a novel but instead ill just cut this short. Eve is the poster child for a sandbox MMO and what could eventually happen to Atlas. However because so many WildCard followers came from Ark with the coined terms such as Mega this or Alpha that. It really makes it difficult to show folks there is another Meta to structure your Companies or Alliances that are much more successful than throwing 500-1000 nerds in one channel and hope to control the chaos. This game requires you to develop some people skills and make friends instead of just smashing everyone in your way or expecting folks to just be your stone slave for a spot to live. Just take a look at how fast most of the streamer crews are unraveling currently because once again there is no structure to be an effective fighting force for some of them. Capping companies won't solve anything neither will capping Alliances because at the end of the day most of us are human and will work together for our survival. I hope to see this game have a vibrant economy where folks can build us things because that's what they enjoy doing on their own terms. There is plenty of room for smaller companies we just need some more tools ingame so we can be a lot more social.

5 hours ago, DGSixKado said:

You're wrong on so many levels I could post a novel but instead ill just cut this short. Eve is the poster child for a sandbox MMO and what could eventually happen to Atlas. However because so many WildCard followers came from Ark with the coined terms such as Mega this or Alpha that. It really makes it difficult to show folks there is another Meta to structure your Companies or Alliances that are much more successful than throwing 500-1000 nerds in one channel and hope to control the chaos. This game requires you to develop some people skills and make friends instead of just smashing everyone in your way or expecting folks to just be your stone slave for a spot to live. Just take a look at how fast most of the streamer crews are unraveling currently because once again there is no structure to be an effective fighting force for some of them. Capping companies won't solve anything neither will capping Alliances because at the end of the day most of us are human and will work together for our survival. I hope to see this game have a vibrant economy where folks can build us things because that's what they enjoy doing on their own terms. There is plenty of room for smaller companies we just need some more tools ingame so we can be a lot more social.

LOL not hardly the only reason its a 'poster child' is because its the only one that (apparently) has success. I would say there are fewer actual INDIVIDUALS playing Eve than most games. Everyone left playing now has multiple accounts and multiple clients. Its mostly smoke and mirrors and hgas been for years. I quit almost 10 years ago with more PLEX than I would ever be able to use. At best its a spread sheet game at worst its well Atlas....

As for the other nonsense you posted it has zero to do with Atlas because none of it is in the game. Economy? Trading? Seriously? they just made it easier for people to gather stuff. And most crews dont even bother taming (which makes it even more 'efficient'). So what is there to trade? As discussed when you are forced to basically have a few hundred people in your group just to hold a small parcel of land that no one deems worthy of trying to steal from you then how couldnt every group thats able to survive not have every skill tree covered (multiple times)?

Youre the dreamer type (like the devs I described) who think everything will work out fine if people are just left to their own devices. But that never ever happens. And Eve (despite your naive ideas about it) proves that out.  But Eve also has missions and 'quests' and hauling and mining and things people can do that doesnt require PvP to do. It also has 'safe' zones where people and groups can go and lick their wounds and regroup with not much fear of getting pushed out of the game altogether.

Now before you say Eve is XXX number of years old and has had multiple updates and 'expansions' and Atlas is EA and has room to improve. Go look at ARK and see what youre saying. The best chance Atlas has is the dev kit to let the modders do their magic and save yet another WIldcard disaster.

1 hour ago, rodarin said:

At best its a spread sheet game at worst its well Atlas....

That was my point that it was the poster child for success. 

As for the other nonsense you posted it has zero to do with Atlas because none of it is in the game. Economy? Trading? Seriously? they just made it easier for people to gather stuff. 

This post was about too many "Megas" and no "place" for the smaller Companies. A simple contract system to purchase boats would be an opportunity for smaller folks to make a decent buck and not just be another stone farmer. Lord knows that just capping one takes forever currently and not something I would want to do on a regular basis.

But Eve also has missions and 'quests' and hauling and mining and things people can do that doesnt require PvP to do. It also has 'safe' zones where people and groups can go and lick their wounds and regroup with not much fear of getting pushed out of the game altogether.

No what I'm asking for is more mechanics to safe guard new players so we don't have yet another Ark on our hands where seal clubbing is a norm. Eve too made a huge change after 15 years because player retention was at an all time low. I would love to see zones where players could rebound from a wipe to come play again. Atlas has I guess we could refer to it as a mission system. The power stones, which need a change , treasure maps, whale hunting and exploration are all time sinks to gain either XP and or Gold.

Go look at ARK and see what youre saying. The best chance Atlas has is the dev kit to let the modders do their magic and save yet another WIldcard disaster.

I don't know where you are going with this because Ark isn't an MMO in any way and Atlas is far different.

Edited by DGSixKado

Three major problems:

Core islands basically easy mode 

Outer islands are hard core but no benefit except having the big guilds on the easy islands come down and blow up ships while everyone is asleep.

And probably the biggest problem at the moment is Company size is way to big 

The pop cap for a company should be about 5 with 4 alliances possible.  That way a max of 500 people could be in one alliance.   That is plenty huge but also it will be a lot of work to keep those 5 from splitting off and infighting.   I am also disappointed the devs made a bunch of islands in the middle have no need for trade.  They basically have every resource and the people on the fringes are barely surviving because they have to travel just to get sap, crystal, salt or gems.    The big corps got the good land and merged all up before most of us got out of respawn watery hell.  I like the game concept so far but really the devs need to step up and actually do some long term planning.  

On 1/11/2019 at 2:32 AM, denhope said:

you could try to play fortnite

He could also go play small-tribe ark. I don't get why these people come to a Sandbox single world MMO, which stands for MASSIVELY MULTIPLE PLAYER, and complain that large gaming communities come to play them and work together.

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 6:48 AM, rodarin said:

*lots of meaningless words

Why are you playing this game? Serious question. Large tribes PvP, a lot. Is that not why you joined this game? If not, then you probably should find another. This is a PvP Sandbox MMO. Find another game that is more in line with your style, like Hello Kitty online or something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, diffedge said:

I like the game concept so far but really the devs need to step up and actually do some long term planning.  

Why is the long term planning up to the devs when this is a sandbox MMO. Your future is yours to make so get out there an build some relationships because you won't survive alone for long.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Why are you playing this game? Serious question. Large tribes PvP, a lot. Is that not why you joined this game? If not, then you probably should find another. This is a PvP Sandbox MMO. Find another game that is more in line with your style, like Hello Kitty online or something.

LMAO typical response from people without any other argument. Only "pvp' I see is offline nonsense of guys spending 30 hrs trying to kill enough beds to have a claim flag stick so they can start mortaring shit. The 5 and a half hour claim timer completely ruined land raiding and claim raiding. It was bad enough when it was 30 minutes and guys could run through naked for a split second and reset everything. Not saying that either is good or bad just that the whole system is complete garbage and the changes they have made actually made it worse (on both side if thats even possible).

As for 'sandbox'. Not really its the bastardized example of what lazy ass developers have trained people to think is 'sandbox'. Either way there hasnt been one yet that has been any good or had a chance to be anything good so I doubt this one breaks that tradition, not with the way it has started out and the changes they have thus far made.

Open world full loot PvP does not and never will work. Even with the garbage way this game tries to do it. Without safe zones somewhere it has even less of a chance. I would really love to know the actual numbers on the official PvP server. I cant imagine its too many even the mega tribes that have a couple companies maxed out arent getting 100 people online between the two or three groups they have. Other 400 pop companies are getting maybe 25-40 people online now. SO many people have stopped even since the update that 'fixed' company hierarchy and guys felt safe recruiting mass amounts of people again. What was that a week ago?

Like  I said more than likely the 'problem' will fix itself. But even so the claim changes they made have definitely benefited the people who already onw stuff and who have even a single person who can log in and make sure they stop any claims from being made against them.

5 minutes ago, rodarin said:

LMAO typical response from people without any other argument. Only "pvp' I see is offline nonsense of guys spending 30 hrs trying to kill enough beds to have a claim flag stick so they can start mortaring shit. The 5 and a half hour claim timer completely ruined land raiding and claim raiding. It was bad enough when it was 30 minutes and guys could run through naked for a split second and reset everything. Not saying that either is good or bad just that the whole system is complete garbage and the changes they have made actually made it worse (on both side if thats even possible).

As for 'sandbox'. Not really its the bastardized example of what lazy ass developers have trained people to think is 'sandbox'. Either way there hasnt been one yet that has been any good or had a chance to be anything good so I doubt this one breaks that tradition, not with the way it has started out and the changes they have thus far made.

Open world full loot PvP does not and never will work. Even with the garbage way this game tries to do it. Without safe zones somewhere it has even less of a chance. I would really love to know the actual numbers on the official PvP server. I cant imagine its too many even the mega tribes that have a couple companies maxed out arent getting 100 people online between the two or three groups they have. Other 400 pop companies are getting maybe 25-40 people online now. SO many people have stopped even since the update that 'fixed' company hierarchy and guys felt safe recruiting mass amounts of people again. What was that a week ago?

Like  I said more than likely the 'problem' will fix itself. But even so the claim changes they made have definitely benefited the people who already onw stuff and who have even a single person who can log in and make sure they stop any claims from being made against them.

Well guess what? Your experience means jack fcking shit to me. We have been raiding people everywhere. Lots of times they are online and we fight, sometimes none of them are online/care enough to fight, not my problem. We are currently fighting a company where the fight has been going on for 3 days non-stop bcak and forth over a single island. If you can't find PVP, that's YOUR fcking fault, no one elses. Stop being such a garbage, whiny little scrub, find some friend (unlikely since all you do is seem to cry about every little fcking thing) and pvp.

• Sad 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:20 AM, Sketch said:

if you only have megas, naval battles and land seiges wont happen as it will be too much trouble for little gain.

Wrong. People PVP for fun as well as to be "the best". Large companies are less likely to PvP for resources (they've already got masses), far more likely to PvP for "dominance".

4 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Wrong

except it isnt, not fully. Naval battles happen but land seiging is broken as hell atm and takes way too long *+ exploits/glitches etc

4 minutes ago, Sketch said:

except it isnt, not fully. Naval battles happen but land seiging is broken as hell atm and takes way too long *+ exploits/glitches etc

You're underestimating the level of autism in many large communities. If a large company wants another large company removed, the fight goes on. It's not something  you can understand unless you experience it first hand. Time is a non-factor in these situations. Wars in EVE have gone on for many months straight, or longer. I've seen single stations hell camped for weeks on end 24/7.

2 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

You're underestimating the level of autism in many large communities. If a large company wants another large company removed, the fight goes on. It's nothing something  you can understand unless you experience it first hand. Time is a non-factor in these situations. Wars in EVE have gone on for many months straight, or longer.

or you could watch streams and understand its already happening to some of the largest entities in the pvp servers.

Just now, Sketch said:

or you could watch streams and understand its already happening to some of the largest entities in the pvp servers.

or you could just accept the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

or you could just accept the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about. 

lol says the person that probs doesnt even know what twitch is.

5 minutes ago, Sketch said:

lol says the person that probs doesnt even know what twitch is.

hur dur dur yeah hur hur i have no idea wut twitch is hur hur hur u got me 

You're basing your entire opinion of something based on what some random shit streamer does? Back to Hello Kitty online for you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1