Sign in to follow this  
crazy hagen

my opinions on firearrow

fire arrow are ruining the game. its not even close to real life. this is a pirate game not  medieval age.. everyone uses them. for they are op.

guns have a extremely slow reload time that is good. and a game whit slow range weapons and melee weapons make it balance .and to make a weapon that is not even what Classic pirates use(what we think when we think of pirates) and make it so op... so everyone uses them. i will say your falling hard.

(Story time)in this world with pirates and dragons you stand there white your heavy armor and weapons ready to sink the enemy ship , and then you see its only one man on the ship with a bow and some fire arrows .you begin to laugh for yourself and prepare to crush your enemy with just a bow......what you didn't know,,, is  its not just an arrow whit fire on it..no,no,no,no,no its made of chlorine trifluoride. and burst insane fire where it lands and kills everyone moving over it.........                 ….                ......….             ...….         G....G.....

then we have some more funny things with this fire arrows in this game. when your offline  you only need 1 guy to sink your ship... ONE..not one whit a ship that have cannons on it and pay crew to help him fire. but one whit a bow, yes I can agree that in real life setting a wooden ship on fire works great.but in real life your fleet is defended 24.7 with many men,, that can easily stop 1 guy whit a bow.

and you may think i'm  in rage and saying this for i have lost ships to ppl this way then i say to you no.,i am the one thaT done it.

if you like to have fire arrows in your game i can understand, but then try to consider it to only burn things like wood trees planks so on. not grass dirt stone and so on. and maybe think that more then one arrow on same spot to make it burn.

and this is a GAME maybe make it so that you can't sink anchor  ship with fire. yes i know that you can but for this is a game. using cannons and so on, on an anchor  ships make it more playful than just one guy whit a bow.

this game have so good potential. i just hope you make it more pirate.

good selling fellow pirates and traders and see you all on EU pvp!

Edited by crazy hagen
  • Like 4

Melee weapons were always bad, they nerfed firearms, they nerfed the damage that fire arrows do on direct hits, and through stacking/durability hits, but they haven't touched the fire on the ground. Being able to 3 shot level 200+ alpha elephants is absurd, when compared to it taking dozens of rifle shots, or breaking 8 melee weapons as they do no damage.

Fire arrows is way too OP and it's taking away from the sailing and naval warfare aspect of the game.

Even exploits like overloading a ship with players to sink it is ruining the game and so far have not heard anything from the devs about addressing these issues.

• Like 1

By the way. Fire arrows would in no way in the world burn down a ship in real life. The sails, sure. But the massive wooden planks that have been treated. A arrow with a piece of clotch soaked in oil would just leave a slight singe on an actual ship plank.

1 hour ago, Eragnor said:

By the way. Fire arrows would in no way in the world burn down a ship in real life. The sails, sure. But the massive wooden planks that have been treated. A arrow with a piece of clotch soaked in oil would just leave a slight singe on an actual ship plank.

Wooden boats used pitch as a way to seal and make the boats water tight. Pitch is highly flammable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiiaAurora said:

I don't care if its being removed from PVP. In PVE its the only way to defend yourself atm. 

100%.  Folks might have issues with fire arrows in PvP, but for heavens sake, stop calling nerfs that on PvE we need such tools to get rid of over tuned alphas et al.

Happy medium.  remove fire arrows from PvP servers and leave them the hell alone on PvE  🙂🙂

1 minute ago, Vorxius said:

100%.  Folks might have issues with fire arrows in PvP, but for heavens sake, stop calling nerfs that on PvE we need such tools to get rid of over tuned alphas et al.

Happy medium.  remove fire arrows from PvP servers and leave them the hell alone on PvE  🙂🙂

Game developers, and not just this bunch but I’m referring to developers in general, have long been loathe to make changes to one side of a game with both pve and pvp without changing the other. I suspect doing so is problematic from their POV and can wind up making their jobs even messier than they already are. I don’t know this for a fact, I just know I’ve seen it suggested, called for, pleaded for, many times and never seen it done.

V10 made Firearms close to useless on PVE. They were already problematic due to the long reload time but at least you could oneshot things with the Blunderbuss (not Alphas, Alphas are the devil) which justified not using Bow and Fire Arrows. But right now our guys spec'ed out of firearms, there is no reason wasting the points atm. 

Fire Arrows are the only thing that can kill Alphas. An Alpha Scorpion killed all our tames (10 Cows, Elephant etc) before it could be killed by my mate with an fire arrow. Nothing else does enough damage to make an Alpha even care. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eragnor said:

You're not really lighting cloth on fire and shooting the enemy with it, or else fire arrows would be oil + cloth + arrow and not "fire gel" + arrow. You're more shooting it with a mass of napalm like materials closer to fire arrows ala china (gunpowder explosion in china, napalm in ark with boats).

Also, am I just not using them right? I tried using them a few times, shooting at or at the ground on an enemy, I'm lucky to get 10-15% damage on a regular mob and they tend to lite me on fire and kill me in the process.

10 minutes ago, gadefence said:

You're not really lighting cloth on fire and shooting the enemy with it, or else fire arrows would be oil + cloth + arrow and not "fire gel" + arrow. You're more shooting it with a mass of napalm like materials closer to fire arrows ala china (gunpowder explosion in china, napalm in ark with boats).

Also, am I just not using them right? I tried using them a few times, shooting at or at the ground on an enemy, I'm lucky to get 10-15% damage on a regular mob and they tend to lite me on fire and kill me in the process.

Entirely depends on the mob you are hitting, some are fast enough to chase you down so the best bet is to trap them or hit them while you are on a cliff and they can't catch you.  The ground damage is definitely op but still is quite effective.  I think changing what they can damage should be rather simple considering it already exists between PvP/PvE, just make it on the PvP side so that fire arrows do not damage the hull of the ship but can still damage the sails, then address the issue of what damage should it be at.

8 hours ago, TiiaAurora said:

I don't care if its being removed from PVP. In PVE its the only way to defend yourself atm. 

Tired of these arguments Fire Arrows are broken!!!

So is the fact that other weapons are not effective for PVE...

Both issues need to be addressed!  But you ceratinly don't not fix the roof because it would make the leak in the garage worse!!!  You fix them BOTH...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Tired of these arguments Fire Arrows are broken!!!

So is the fact that other weapons are not effective for PVE...

Both issues need to be addressed!  But you ceratinly don't not fix the roof because it would make the leak in the garage worse!!!  You fix them BOTH...

Fire Arrows are just not broken in PvE. They are the only thing that works. 

Just now, TiiaAurora said:

Fire Arrows are just not broken in PvE. They are the only thing that works. 

And what part of that is WRONG are you not seeing!!!  A gun should work fine in pve!!!  Stop crying for fire arrows and start crying for the other things to be buffed or the animals nerfed!!!  But Fire arrows are TERRIBLE...

• Like 1

Just now, Sulfurblade said:

And what part of that is WRONG are you not seeing!!!  A gun should work fine in pve!!!  Stop crying for fire arrows and start crying for the other things to be buffed or the animals nerfed!!!  But Fire arrows are TERRIBLE...

Just because you insist on fire arrows being broken, it doesn't mean I have to agree on it. They are not broken in PvE because we don't fight against players but animals and they need several fire arrows anyway until they are dead. Also, I am not crying, just pointing out my opinion. You seem to be the one being very emotional about this topic and I am sorry the arrows cause so much trouble for you. 

1 minute ago, TiiaAurora said:

Just because you insist on fire arrows being broken, it doesn't mean I have to agree on it. They are not broken in PvE because we don't fight against players but animals and they need several fire arrows anyway until they are dead. Also, I am not crying, just pointing out my opinion. You seem to be the one being very emotional about this topic and I am sorry the arrows cause so much trouble for you. 

I don't understand why you feel content to only have fire arrows to kill mobs with???

Wouldn't you like to be able to use a pistol? Or a blunderbus? Or a carbine? Or a swivel cannon? Or a Balistae? Or a Catapult? Or a pike?

I mean variety is the spice of life and I am not seeing you complain about how Not effective every other weapon is!  You seem to only want to defend the fire arrow?!?  

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

I don't understand why you feel content to only have fire arrows to kill mobs with???

Wouldn't you like to be able to use a pistol? Or a blunderbus? Or a carbine? Or a swivel cannon? Or a Balistae? Or a Catapult? Or a pike?

I mean variety is the spice of life and I am not seeing you complain about how Not effective every other weapon is!  You seem to only want to defend the fire arrow?!?  

Ofc it would be nice to have a variety of weapons that are as effective as the fire arrows are right now, but fire arrows in pve work just fine. But the game gets optimized for pvp and then broken in pve. Make guns as viable as fire arrows and we can talk. until then fire arrows is all we have. 

1 minute ago, TiiaAurora said:

Ofc it would be nice to have a variety of weapons that are as effective as the fire arrows are right now, but fire arrows in pve work just fine. But the game gets optimized for pvp and then broken in pve. Make guns as viable as fire arrows and we can talk. until then fire arrows is all we have. 

And thats NOT a good thing!  Add your voice to your brothers in PvP land and work together to solve both of your issues as a team with one voice thats in sync!  Other weapons more viable vs animals and the removal of fire arrows!  This fix's your lack of variety and the pvp problems all at the same time its a win win for both sides!!!

49 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

Sorry but I'm with him.  Using one broken thing as a prop to fix another is a terrible idea.  The simple fact that they are the only thing that really works is the very evidence that something is wrong with them.

Ideally they fix the wildlife the same patch they remove firearrows or nerf them to the ground.  Sounds like a big part of the problem is scaling issues with how damage is calculated for wild animals honestly. 

Without fire arrow how do we deal with alpha animals ? Gun don't do shiet and not much opportunity to trap it when the alpha animal catch you off guard !

Instead of nerfing fire arrow , buff other weapon to make it viable against both human and alpha animals .

Also it is fire arrow , it suppose to burn your ship .

19 minutes ago, kampfer91 said:

Without fire arrow how do we deal with alpha animals ? Gun don't do shiet and not much opportunity to trap it when the alpha animal catch you off guard !

Instead of nerfing fire arrow , buff other weapon to make it viable against both human and alpha animals .

Also it is fire arrow , it suppose to burn your ship .

Alpha animals in ark were also OP as fuck.  They are like mini-bosses and give the XP to match.  You would make multiple bows and sit on a rock with hundreds of arrows to kill them most of the time until you got a super high level powerful dino to take em out with.  This game lacks those dinos but working with your group, using terrain and pathing to  your advantage, etc are all still viable.

Fire arrows are super broken for sure, even after their nerfs.  Specifically the fire damage it causes to players when they are lit up.  It takes 2 arrows to kill someone, covers your screen in first person, are insanely easy to craft and take out alpha animals in just a few arrows as well.  

Alphas needs to be toned down for sure.  Guns need to be buffed for sure.  Fire arrows need to be scaled so they still do decent damage to ships or wood structures but far less to players that catch on fire. 

Melee is completely pointless except in very very specific niche scenarios.

Just put some point in fortitude and you will forget fire arrow exist .

Alpha animals in Atlas take shiet ton of regular arrows to kill and when they eat something they will generate some HP which will negate all your damage . God forbid if you encountering fast predator like wolf or lion in the wilderness as your chance of survival even in group is basically zero .