zomgwee

Select Tame Group

Has anyone figured out how to select a different Tame Group? We have a keybinding to add/remove targets from the current tame group, we have a radial menu option on our tames to modify and sort them into different groups, but I can't figure out how to actually switch to a different tame group for my whistles. In ARK, it was 0 - 9 on the numpad, but that no longer works. I'd really like to be able to use group whistles with my wolf pack, without telling all of my other tames to "go attack that thing", as well.

• Like 1

Still waiting for the answer to this, only current solution/method is to go to invetory and manually select the tame group.

Ya, I'm also trying to figure out how to do this.

In ARK, I never used tame groups, I never collected that many tames. But in Atlas, to command even a small ship like a Schooner, I need 10 NPCs. I want to command them to go somewhere with the comma key and not have my bear also move to the same spot. Using the Groups tab in inventory is kind of a pain.

Even a key to just open the groups tab would be an improvement, but would be nice to have a key you hold down and then press the number for the group. I think that is how it worked in ARK.

• Like 1

there's a radial menu on the joypad to switch tame groups. it doesn't exist with keyboard or at least I have never found the shortcut key for it 🙃

Edited by liano
  • Sad 1

Yeah, in ARK, you could use the keys on your numpad to swap between tame groups. There was also a hotkey for cycling tame groups that you can declare in keybindings. No such luck in this game, though. 😕

Nope, still have to go into inventory, select tames, then select "active group", then leave, then command that group. By the time you get done, they are all eaten. grrrrr We need a key binding to toggle tame groups. Cannot be that difficult. You have a key binding for crapping, key bindings for chatting (ugh), and key binding for hiding map text (something better suited for taking your time in the inventory if necessary).  But toggling between critical split-second timing on tame reactions is lacking. Priorities please.

guys. i found it

go in to your input file

steam/steamapps/common/atlas/config/defaultinput

and also the input for the server

make sure to change this line

ActionMappings=(ActionName="ArkGamepadBackButton",Key=Gamepad_Special_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

and add "Key=Tab" or whatever key you want, so it looks like this

ActionMappings=(ActionName="ArkGamepadBackButton",Key=Tab,Key=Gamepad_Special_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

tada. your welcome folks

Edit: nvm. it props up the group selection wheel, but without a joystick it doesnt recognize the mouse to make a selection on the wheel

Edited by MJackson
  • Sad 1

@whoever still works on this game add the tame groups lol wow, why is the button there and why couldn't you copy paste properly from the ark dlc?

I took a break from Atlas shortly after posting in this thread on Feb 4. I've come back to play a bit of Atlas and I'm a bit surprised that 10 months later this has not been addressed.

In the week I've been playing, I've seen some other nice additions (single player is one of them) and other bugs have been addressed (some like this have not).

I expected maybe a bit more would have been done in 10 months.

The devs (and lots of other people as a result) don't play the game, thats the problem.

Would be nice to have working options in your game, but what do i know, im not a game developer and only play the game...

Edited by eeeceee

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff