Sign in to follow this  
Fluffypawns

Claim Flags in PVE

hey guys 

I just wanted to know what can you do if a guy is not playing any more BUT he has a claim flag down and sleeping in his base , He has his Flag and allowed build share Everyone  BUT cant place anything down . any thoughts on this what i could do ???.   i have gathered all ship parts  while i was waiting for this patch to drop and now i cant place anything + i cant leave now because my raft cant carry me  😞 . please if anyone can help    im on  Sirens call N11 .  Thank You

There is a two day grace period before the settings go live to allow people time to adjust their claim flags as this is a new system and not everyone can play all the time.

With the patch to put this setting in being 04:00 on the 9th Jan UK timezone I would expect the patch to make them live to be some point soon (as I post this it is 02:10 11th Jan UK time)

just my thought on this.

Unless the Patchnotes say "It's active now". It will most likely not work. I don't think it's an automated system but something that requires a server update and restart. After it wasn't in the evening restart, I don't think it will come at night. Rather tomorrow (today) at some point. 

i know of the  patch  2 day period it started on Tuesday  and the Patch was activated today  around 22.00 UK time  

im not sure  i did see a  server restart  after  the patch   But  no sure all i know im stuck and cant go anywhere   Because of my Weight and i dont wont to drop  any of it Becuase it took me all day to Gather 😞

- Changed how custom blueprints are crafted for STACKABLE items when they're given a stat roll:
> If a stackable item is crafted from the same blueprint and you already have an item crafted from that blueprint in your inventory, it will stack on that pre-existing item and not receive a different Intelligence Stat Bonus.
> If you want a different roll from the same blueprint, you must make sure that you do not have an item which was crafted from that same BP in your inventory (stated or non)
> This means that you can keep rolls by keeping the item in your inventory when crafting from the BP, even if you do not have the level of intelligence required to get the crafting bonus. Alternatively, you can remove the stated item from your inventory to get a new roll from the BP.
- Resource respawn should now function as they did on Lawless servers prior to v10.
- 50% reduction in the enemy structure prevention radius so that you can now build closer together on Lawless Servers.

From the Patchnotes today. They didnt mention the System being live. So I think it will be activated later. We tried after the Patch this evening and it wasnt activated

Hmmm  Thank you for that   🙂   iv been up for 2 days now  i cant stay awake im too tired so off to bed i go and if i loose every thing so be it .   Thank You for all the Info and Help 

dont even bother unless your in a situation where the island your on isnt very active with players it wil take 6 HOURS to claim it just saying

been at the same spot two entire days still havnt claimed it

yeah got a huge issue with the 6 h timer where we are at, people keep buzzing around and resetting timer , bout to give up -.-

I have someone who built on my company property a few weeks ago without asking permission and I want him gone... waiting to see how this pans out.
I just checked and all his structures are still in place and belong to him... right below MY claim flag. =(

1 minute ago, Orv Williams said:

I have someone who built on my company property a few weeks ago without asking permission and I want him gone... waiting to see how this pans out.
I just checked and all his structures are still in place and belong to him... right below MY claim flag. =(

Does his area overlaps with yours due to a water claim? 

Yes... he placed a water flag behind an offshore pillar and it overlapped far onto my shore holdings. The area shows as mine when I am walking around, yet he can freely build on it.
At first he just built out on the pillar, but lately he has come ashore and begun to build. He harvests materials all around my structures like it belongs to him and so far hasn't responded to any attempt on my part to interact. He isn't on during the day when I play, but comes sometime during the night and is gone when I get up.
It is frustrating. I had a company of around 12 players and all have quit playing totally due to the poor land claim mechanics of this game. I am the last one left, waiting to see if things get better. We suffered constantly with encroachment on our small claim area on a PvE server, as well as theft. The game does NOT feel very PvE in the slightest.

Bad experience for all... and that is sad. We are a group of middle-aged gamers, I'm 57 years old for fuck's sake. I have better things to do than deal with poor behaving online children on some game with atrocious PvE mechanics that allows for endless griefing.

Water claims are bigger and can not only overlap but also include complete company grounds. Not much you can do. I would put a tax bank down and tax his butt when he is there anyway. 

49 minutes ago, Orv Williams said:

Yes... he placed a water flag behind an offshore pillar and it overlapped far onto my shore holdings. The area shows as mine when I am walking around, yet he can freely build on it.
 At first he just built out on the pillar, but lately he has come ashore and begun to build. He harvests materials all around my structures like it belongs to him and so far hasn't responded to any attempt on my part to interact. He isn't on during the day when I play, but comes sometime during the night and is gone when I get up.
It is frustrating. I had a company of around 12 players and all have quit playing totally due to the poor land claim mechanics of this game. I am the last one left, waiting to see if things get better. We suffered constantly with encroachment on our small claim area on a PvE server, as well as theft. The game does NOT feel very PvE in the slightest.

Bad experience for all... and that is sad. We are a group of middle-aged gamers, I'm 57 years old for fuck's sake. I have better things to do than deal with poor behaving online children on some game with atrocious PvE mechanics that allows for endless griefing.

One thing you should do - put a ticket on wildcard ticket system on this guy explaining situation. This is PvE, such stuff should not happen. It probably won't help your case - freaking hard to say if he did it with bad intentions - but may help future ones and will cost you like 10 minutes top 😞 

Three things you can try/could happen. First - hope he will stop playing or go long enough that you can claim his flag. Second - do what he did, find a flag ready to claim near his terrain, claim it with sea claim. I wouldn't recommend second solution, as this imho is griefing.... Finally you can try to communicate with him through signs (the structure) - better chance to catch his attention than text on claim flag. Just be prepared that he is desperate for terrain too and without some compromises you won't get anything.

Unfortunately until claim overlapping is fixed you need buffer zone of you claims around you. Otherwise this will be happening. This game in current state requires you to work around that and few other bugs until they fix them. From current history - fix won't retroactively fix your situation too.

Best advice IMHO right now would be "find another place" 😞  or learn to live with current situation. Its infuriating, but truth be told easiest way is to go and find other claim where you can set buffer.

Bank may work, but unfortunately the way overlapping work, he may be able to play normally without the tax cause it is considered his. Didn't experiment with it myself 😞 

I have experiences with that. We had trolls like that on our land too. They are now 30% taxed and I don't need to farm myself anymore 😄 

I solved the issue. 
I simply hosted a server on my own hardware and now play privately with about a dozen of my friends.
I am a grandfather and tech... I got tired of the atrocious behavior.
Thank you for your thoughts and advice. 😃

16 minutes ago, Orv Williams said:

I solved the issue. 
I simply hosted a server on my own hardware and now play privately with about a dozen of my friends.
I am a grandfather and tech... I got tired of the atrocious behavior.
Thank you for your thoughts and advice. 😃

Does it cost to make  a server on your own hardware? 

Now with the dev kit available the cost is only the hardware and running cost such as power and internet connections.

I think I'd have gone with a wall. I wouldn't wall him into his base, but certainly would have enclosed all I could to keep him out and make him work for more resources. Definitely would have placed a bank as well.