Sign in to follow this  
Wurger

Lost Ships

Why do I lose all my anchored ships, all my gold, all my armor and all resources every time they patch? Very frustrating!!

Sort of need more info to give you an answer.

If you left it in a freeport, it decayed. If its PvE and you haven't been on in a little while, its probably because someone sank it. 

I was at the Freeport in E4 last night. I built my sloop and anchored both the sloop and my raft. I also repaired both before I logged off. After work I log on and everything is gone.

6 minutes ago, Wurger said:

I was at the Freeport in E4 last night. I built my sloop and anchored both the sloop and my raft. I also repaired both before I logged off. After work I log on and everything is gone.

You can't leave stuff in the Freeport cause ships get a lot of damage there and get destroyed within hours. Freeports are only to build your first raft or sloop and then leave immediately. If it wasn't like that, freeport would be cluttered with ships now. 

57 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Sort of need more info to give you an answer.

If you left it in a freeport, it decayed. If its PvE and you haven't been on in a little while, its probably because someone sank it. 

Well, I tried to get out of the D8 Freeport twice and my ramshackle sloop fell apart. The THIRD time I built one I left it overnight (last night) at the wharf and today it was gone, along with storage and bed. The map shows it out by the C8 border, and I have no way (and no desire at this point) to try and get it. I am at L8 and since it's a Freeport I can no longer level, so there's really nothing left for me to do. At this point I discouraged a couple friends from joining the game as it is unplayable for people just starting out. I have a friend who got in early, has land, etc, and he will tell me when Devs are ready to make it playable to a larger group. I understand it's alpha, and while I think early releases without basic pretesting is the kiss of death for a game, this one might have potential. So, you guys keep reprting gliches, and people like me will say farewell for a while and wait for friends to tell us when it's playable.

Tbh, when standing on their ship or something, there should be some big warning, like hen ship is sinking telling them to get out of freeport.

• Like 1

I agree it should be communicated in the Freeport that your ships will get destroyed there. Most people also just know it, because it was a change communicated in the patch notes after the freeports where so full of rafts and ships that you couldn't get yours out when you just made one. 

1 minute ago, Calypso Sangrael said:

Well, I tried to get out of the D8 Freeport twice and my ramshackle sloop fell apart. The THIRD time I built one I left it overnight (last night) at the wharf and today it was gone, along with storage and bed. The map shows it out by the C8 border, and I have no way (and no desire at this point) to try and get it. I am at L8 and since it's a Freeport I can no longer level, so there's really nothing left for me to do. At this point I discouraged a couple friends from joining the game as it is unplayable for people just starting out. I have a friend who got in early, has land, etc, and he will tell me when Devs are ready to make it playable to a larger group. I understand it's alpha, and while I think early releases without basic pretesting is the kiss of death for a game, this one might have potential. So, you guys keep reprting gliches, and people like me will say farewell for a while and wait for friends to tell us when it's playable.

Pretty sure they fixed the issue where ramshackle sloops break while leaving freeports. As for your third Sloop, you can't leave ships in freeport overnight because they decay rapidly in freeport zones. As Nightstrasza said, that's something that should be made more clear than it is. 

So my advice would get to get another sloop now that they're fixed and head for a lawless region. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Pretty sure they fixed the issue where ramshackle sloops break while leaving freeports. As for your third Sloop, you can't leave ships in freeport overnight because they decay rapidly in freeport zones. As Nightstrasza said, that's something that should be made more clear than it is. 

So my advice would get to get another sloop now that they're fixed and head for a lawless region. 

Yes, they fixed them, having a neighbour that have this starter sloop.

• Thanks 1

OK, thx for the info. Wont leave them at freeports anymore. Do you have to be completely out of the grid or just away to another island in the same grid??

1 minute ago, Wurger said:

OK, thx for the info. Wont leave them at freeports anymore. Do you have to be completely out of the grid or just away to another island in the same grid??

Have to leave the zone completely. 

• Thanks 1

If you don't have time to settle somewhere down, just go to the next lawless, anchor at the beach, repair the ship and start the next day from there. Don't forget putting a bed on the sloop so you can respawn if you die over night. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys! I will try once again! Onward and outward...and all that bloody rubbish!!!! I have to warn you though...if my boat disintigrates ONE MORE TIME I'm going to throw a tantrum and rage quit. I'll be certain to make it entertaining 🙂

Boats Decay after 4 hours offline in any freeport. You log off for more than 4 hours and your ship sinks to the bottom. If they didnt the freeport would be littered with ships because its a pve zone

33 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

I agree it should be communicated in the Freeport that your ships will get destroyed there. Most people also just know it, because it was a change communicated in the patch notes after the freeports where so full of rafts and ships that you couldn't get yours out when you just made one. 

Heh... Parking meters?  :anchor:

6 hours ago, Tillman said:

Boats Decay after 4 hours offline in any freeport. You log off for more than 4 hours and your ship sinks to the bottom. If they didnt the freeport would be littered with ships because its a pve zone

Also, for PVP servers, people would abuse the pve zone rules and use ships to store stolen loot or super important stuff they want protected from raids.  Goes against the ideals of a survival pvp game.  

7 hours ago, Calypso Sangrael said:

So the issue is you’re too lazy to go and get your ship? 

Also try to leave official and unofficial apart from each other. People saying this game is unplayable are delusional. 

Honestly Percieval, that was one really poor reply. I did make it out of Freeport, and if you were paying attention to threads you would know by now that there was a glitch. What a surprise. It is in Alpha, and they want feedback. Therefore, I will make comments I hope dev's read, with the goal that my comments - in concert with others - makes the game better. Again, it was released in Alpha to get feedback. Therefore, my advice to you is this: If you have nothing positive to say to other players...say nothing at all. Another wise saying is this: Better to stay quiet and have people think you're a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Been trying to think of a good harbor spots when at sea exploring.  My idea is anchor at a Golden Age Ruin islands.  The already have lots of rafts/starter sloops around them.  Any huge decay I don't know about those areas besides the cyclops army/lvl 70 wolves.