Sign in to follow this  
ThisWayisUP

Would u still have bought the game if...

Would u still have bought the game if...  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing the way how the devs are trying to enforce the direction of the game and what this direction is. Would u still have bought the game?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

yeah I was an alpha buyer, i paid $5 for minecraft with is was basically a 20x20 square and crafting wasn't even a thing, and clearly you don't know what vanilla crafting was before they added the crafting book into the game like terraria there's wiki howto websites for how to build Vanilla  things cause everything I labelled is vanilla, including redstone and the logic gates.

Well you have proved your full of it. minecraft was Free when it was in alpha!

11 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Well you have proved your full of it. minecraft was Free when it was in alpha!

wait what's this? I owned it before I was even Alpha? I think I know more than you, I'm pretty sure you were just one of those people who pirated it and played on cracked servers (the free ones were not official even private)

oh yeah do fact checking first before you try to discredit me xD

zigtTnD.png

oh just in case you wanted further proof it was not free

PJbhZu5.png

Edited by Zeenjayli

21 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

wait what's this? I owned it before I was even Alpha? I think I know more than you, I'm pretty sure you were just one of those people who pirated it and played on cracked servers (the free ones were not official even private)

oh yeah do fact checking first before you try to discredit me xD

zigtTnD.png

oh just in case you wanted further proof it was not free

PJbhZu5.png

2sacy89.jpg

and it was pefectly free when I got it straight from the minecraft sight....

Okay so you haven't migrated your paid premium account over to the mojang account and that proves? mJW4mbM.png

my bad I see how you got to that page here's mine even though I already showed it on the mojang account page

tvrV7XB.png

Edited by Zeenjayli

1 minute ago, Zeenjayli said:

Okay so you haven't migrated your paid premium account over to the mojang account and that proves? mJW4mbM.png

Uhm? What?  I guess It proves I havent migrated to Mojang yet and this proves your point how???  I havent played Minecraft in years!!!  Your the one using Minecraft as some bizarre proof about game complexity, of which Minecraft was far from ever being complex in any way!

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Uhm? What?  I guess It proves I havent migrated to Mojang yet and this proves your point how???  I havent played Minecraft in years!!!  Your the one using Minecraft as some bizarre proof about game complexity, of which Minecraft was far from ever being complex in any way!

I'm sorry but let's back track,

22 hours ago, Hambo said:

I don't want to be that guy but have you ever heard of Minecraft?  :pirate_mask:

I did not bring up minecraft. Also you have no idea about how complex it actually is, but it's okay you can act like you are the know all of minecraft they who have not played in years xD

Edited by Zeenjayli

3 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

I did not bring up minecraft. Also you have no idea about how complex it actually is, but it's okay you can act like you are the know all of minecraft they who have not played in years xD

I ran my own dedicated server for 2 damn years for people like you to complain about but your right I have no idea!

Anyway the Mod's have put there foot down and as to the point here. Your the one who couldn't figure out the top 10 company map was displaying only the top 10 company's and thus went on a side tangent about instructions and how games need to inform there player base!

No Games do not need to hold there players hands!  They don't need tutorials, or books!  This 90 page user manual that came with Daggerfall, was nice of them.  But how often did I actually look at it ???  When I was at work I think I read it but again wasn't needed....  

No games need content, mystery, Myst and Pyst didnt give you an instruction book on how to figure out the puzzles mind you that weren't all that hard.  But then if figuring out how to make an axe in that other game was hard maybe Myst and Pyst would be a bit beyond you....  But I digress...  Lets get back to the topic of content that maybe didn't revolve around PvP that just maybe had something to do with Trade or the Economy...

This could be one small step to take this game into some direction beyond what it is currently.  Right now there is literally nothing to do that doesn't involve shooting someone or stealing from them or some combination's of those goals!

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

I ran my own dedicated server for 2 damn years for people like you to complain about but your right I have no idea!

Anyway the Mod's have put there foot down and as to the point here. Your the one who couldn't figure out the top 10 company map was displaying only the top 10 company's and thus went on a side tangent about instructions and how games need to inform there player base!

No Games do not need to hold there players hands!  They don't need tutorials, or books!  This 90 page user manual that came with Daggerfall, was nice of them.  But how often did I actually look at it ???  When I was at work I think I read it but again wasn't needed....  

No games need content, mystery, Myst and Pyst didnt give you an instruction book on how to figure out the puzzles mind you that weren't all that hard.  But then if figuring out how to make an axe in that other game was hard maybe Myst and Pyst would be a bit beyond you....  But I digress...  Lets get back to the topic of content that maybe didn't revolve around PvP that just maybe had something to do with Trade or the Economy...

This could be one small step to take this game into some direction beyond what it is currently.  Right now there is literally nothing to do that doesn't involve shooting someone or stealing from them or some combination's of those goals!

it is on topic to say that they mislead the dynamic map to make it look to new players that 90% of the map is unclaimed.

Edited by Zeenjayli

2 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

it is on topic to say that they mislead the dynamic map to make it look to new players that 90% of the map is unclaimed.

The fact your claims never showed up on the map didn't clue you in???  I mean for the first two days I could see one thinking that maybe it was simply a fact that the map wasn't updating but over a week after and your claims aren't showing up on the map???  And there are only 10 listed company's???  I don't think there was any effort made there to be misleading in the least bit...  

my claims? I've never had the privilege to have a claim i only bought the game Jan 1st. and I've been unable to find a single plot. OH WAIT I almost had a claim (i play on PVE) but because I was building beside this other guild (EOK) [still a freshie maybe 48 hours in if that] they tried saying I was trying to steal their ship yard when I was clearly claiming land BESIDE them on a refunded accounts dead claim.

I made sure I was only contesting one claim and it was NOT an EOK claim they even said they got warned that someone was contesting a claim NEAR them not on them... so they get a bunch of buddies and used the weight exploit of it allowing anyone to count as extra weight (remember PVE)  so they purposefully sunk my raft, and then I got killed by and uber OP cobra while trying to eat and stay alive while I capture forcing me to lose my claim and go back to freeport.

Since than I've been shacked up in lawless.

Edited by Zeenjayli

10 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

my claims? I've never had the privilege to have a claim i only bought the game Jan 1st. and I've been unable to find a single plot. OH WAIT I almost had a claim (i play on PVE) but because I was building beside this other guild (EOK) [still a freshie maybe 48 hours in if that] they tried saying I was trying to steal their ship yard when I was clearly claiming land BESIDE them on a refunded accounts dead claim.

I made sure I was only contesting one claim and it was NOT an EOK claim they even said they got warned that someone was contesting a claim NEAR them not on them... so they get a bunch of buddies and used the weight exploit of it allowing anyone to count as extra weight (remember PVE)  so they purposefully sunk my raft, and then I got killed by and uber OP cobra while trying to eat and stay alive while I capture forcing me to lose my claim and go back to freeport.

Since than I've been shacked up in lawless.

That doesn't sound very fun and I would be a bit upset myself if that happened to me on a PvE server...

I would suggest checking out the private servers I think there a far more reasonable place to play.  

i mean I stream so an RP server would be best BUT, I'm not going to pay someone to play on their server esp a limited one, I'd like access to the map as a whole, I wouldn't enjoy myself limited to one so many squares, than I couldn't visit canada or asia or australia or the arctic type climates etc. crafting masterwork is practically out of the question at that point

Edited by Zeenjayli

2 hours ago, Zeenjayli said:

I did not mean to derail the thread but was replying to the comment about people (OP referred to kids) "needing hands held" to play a game.  As far as my ideas of the complexity I will admit that the majority of my 40 year career focused on Hardware and Networks and the software that keep both running but I did take 6 months to co-write a game for the Apple II before deciding I enjoyed the hardware side better. 

15 hours ago, Zeenjayli said:

I don't want to be that girl but have you heard of those minecraft how to guide books that they released because people had no clue what to do.

as i said, a companies job is to inform their users how things work, it's good business practice. and just for good measure.

heck lets go even further back than the books, there were wiki how-to's that 99% of the minecraft population used, but no matter what things were explained clearly.

IMG_20190111_072520590.jpg

Those books came out about 2 years ago, not when Minecraft was in "Early Access" 

19 minutes ago, Hambo said:

I did not mean to derail the thread but was replying to the comment about people (OP referred to kids) "needing hands held" to play a game.  As far as my ideas of the complexity I will admit that the majority of my 40 year career focused on Hardware and Networks and the software that keep both running but I did take 6 months to co-write a game for the Apple II before deciding I enjoyed the hardware side better. 

My years in the navy as Primary Shipboard IT guy before there was even a rating for it made me enjoy networking and hardware...

My utilization of my GI bill for a Degree in software after I retired taught me that I hated Software!!!  So yeah I know exactly what you mean!!!

Don't get me wrong... I love programming, but I learned back in the 8-bit days when the only free (or cheap) options were direct Machine code and/or Assembler (both 8080A and 6502), a GUI was almost a decade in the future and wouldn't run in 64KB or less anyway.  We made software work before making the user interface and I can't really wrap my head around creating the UI and THEN writing the code for each radio button/check box/dropdown text box/ etc.  :classic_cool:

Edited by Hambo

7 hours ago, Zeenjayli said:

again you're assuming everyone gets it, and if they don't they're instantly an idiot.

No. I’m saying the map is such a simple thing, it’s really hard not to understand it, that’s why I don’t get why there needs to be a description for it. My guess is this game is for 12+, but I can understand that kids below 12 maybe wouldn’t understand, but maybe that is why they don’t put the description in. 

5 hours ago, Zeenjayli said:

i mean I stream so an RP server would be best BUT, I'm not going to pay someone to play on their server esp a limited one, I'd like access to the map as a whole, I wouldn't enjoy myself limited to one so many squares, than I couldn't visit canada or asia or australia or the arctic type climates etc. crafting masterwork is practically out of the question at that point

Why would you have to pay someone to play on their server?  I didn't know private servers were charging players to play, but if so, there are plenty of free ones to choose from.

As for the dynamic map... I could swear I saw another thread derailed by this conversation, but I could be wrong.  Either way, the map *could* be more clearly labelled, but at the same time, it's pretty easy to determine it's not showing all the claims.  At first glance, though, no it wouldn't be evident really to anyone.  And the dynamic map (clearly labelled or not) would hardly be any influence on my satisfaction with my purchase and/or determine if I'm happy with the direction the game seems to be taking.

Also, not sure how visiting Canada, Asia or Australia is relevant.  Are they supposed to be biomes?  Because I'm pretty sure all three (especially Canada and Asia) are large enough to include an extremely vast variety of biomes.  That's like saying "the American biome" or "French biome".  

I play on a 3x3 with 4-5 islands per zone, and there is still LOTS left to explore.  We reset and rebuilt our map around NYE to get a better variety of islands (and thus resources, biomes, scenery, creatures, etc), so it's definitely possible to still have a very interesting and diverse game on a smaller grid.  And the diversity is definitely sufficient to enable crafting with multiples of different types of resources.  I've played pretty frequently (embarrassingly so), and have only one island (the one I am building my main base on) even close to being thoroughly explored.  But I've seen cities of fire elementals, ruined temples, little shanty towns, and a bazillion beautiful locales!  Still lots to see and do, even on a small server.

3 hours ago, Hambo said:

a companies job is to inform their users how things work, it's good business practice. and just for good measure.

heck lets go even further back than the books, there were wiki how-to's that 99% of the minecraft population used

Aren't wikis usually updated by the users?  So in this example, wouldn't it be the users providing that information because the company didn't do it thoroughly enough?  I could be wrong, maybe the wiki is updated and run by Mojang/Microsoft, but my limited understanding of wikis leaves me inclined to think this was an odd choice of an example.  Even more so when you consider the level of polish one might expect from a game that is stated to be in a year development cycle for Early Access, and especially so when it's within the first few weeks of launch.

That being said, I don't entirely disagree with your idea that the game could be more transparent and provide more information.  Still, it's Early Access, and those things often come with the extra polish.  It seems to me like there is little point in writing out full descriptions for things when some/a lot of them may change at some point, but some information would be nice.  All about finding that balance, I suppose?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Manaos said:

No. They sold me a Survival craft MMO with coop sailing with my Friends.

They said there will be NPC crews since day 1. And as i see it, it was sold as a sailing mmo with some survivalcraft elements.

I honestly don't know what is the direction of this game. I mean, we don't even have trade mechanics yet, how can we tell what other game-changing mechanics are still missing? Right now it's an offlineraidfest for zerg companies, which is a huge disappointment. However the addition of neutral claims and penalising companies for having too many claims shows that the devs are trying to make solo- and small group play viable too. I just hope it won't take them too much time to realise that it's not going to work and having a piece of land should be an advantage and NOT a requirement to play the game.

It's impossible to tell right now. Will see in another 3-4 months. 

Edited by LaiTash

1 hour ago, Domino said:

Also, not sure how visiting Canada, Asia or Australia is relevant.  Are they supposed to be biomes? 

Aren't wikis usually updated by the users?

forgive me for cutting certain things but this is merely to explain.

During an update my first mate and i couldn't reconnect because something to do with their NA servers and companies, so we played on EU PVE as it was online and we started in I11 I think it was anyways you could tell it was of asian culture the way everything was laid out and stuff felt very relaxing but cold (temps) and in b5 the areas around there with the what seems like maple trees and the autumny colours makes me feel at home like it's canada, so yes I was referring to biome types.

Yes I was not trying to say wiki's were updated by the company I was merely saying that there were tons of wikis for MC because there was no way to know how to make things without either reverse engineering the code to see the recipes yourself or looking up on the wiki of people who already did.  it wasn't until later Mojang released the books to help people and than even later with the M$ acquisition did they change it again to resemble Terrerias crafting system with recipes showing in-game.  because any creative MC player knows that it's a very complex game hidden inside simplicity.

But I am glad someone agrees it would be nice for a bit more transparency and information.

Edited by Zeenjayli

10 hours ago, Domino said:

Why would you have to pay someone to play on their server?  I didn't know private servers were charging players to play, but if so, there are plenty of free ones to choose from.

As for the dynamic map... I could swear I saw another thread derailed by this conversation, but I could be wrong.  Either way, the map *could* be more clearly labelled, but at the same time, it's pretty easy to determine it's not showing all the claims.  At first glance, though, no it wouldn't be evident really to anyone.  And the dynamic map (clearly labelled or not) would hardly be any influence on my satisfaction with my purchase and/or determine if I'm happy with the direction the game seems to be taking.

Also, not sure how visiting Canada, Asia or Australia is relevant.  Are they supposed to be biomes?  Because I'm pretty sure all three (especially Canada and Asia) are large enough to include an extremely vast variety of biomes.  That's like saying "the American biome" or "French biome".  

I play on a 3x3 with 4-5 islands per zone, and there is still LOTS left to explore.  We reset and rebuilt our map around NYE to get a better variety of islands (and thus resources, biomes, scenery, creatures, etc), so it's definitely possible to still have a very interesting and diverse game on a smaller grid.  And the diversity is definitely sufficient to enable crafting with multiples of different types of resources.  I've played pretty frequently (embarrassingly so), and have only one island (the one I am building my main base on) even close to being thoroughly explored.  But I've seen cities of fire elementals, ruined temples, little shanty towns, and a bazillion beautiful locales!  Still lots to see and do, even on a small server.

Aren't wikis usually updated by the users?  So in this example, wouldn't it be the users providing that information because the company didn't do it thoroughly enough?  I could be wrong, maybe the wiki is updated and run by Mojang/Microsoft, but my limited understanding of wikis leaves me inclined to think this was an odd choice of an example.  Even more so when you consider the level of polish one might expect from a game that is stated to be in a year development cycle for Early Access, and especially so when it's within the first few weeks of launch.

That being said, I don't entirely disagree with your idea that the game could be more transparent and provide more information.  Still, it's Early Access, and those things often come with the extra polish.  It seems to me like there is little point in writing out full descriptions for things when some/a lot of them may change at some point, but some information would be nice.  All about finding that balance, I suppose?

The quote attributed to me in this post was actually not mine, but a clip of another post I was quoting.  My comment was about the after market "User Guides" shown having been published about 2 years ago, not when Minecraft was in Early Access/Alpha/Beta phases of development.

The game is fun as hell... after a few years of no decent MMO's, this one's great. It's been a long time since I've had my adrenalin pump like this.

z