Sign in to follow this  
FriesenGamin

Did Devs Ever Say...

If the resource spawn issue was intended in a post anywhere or are they just not even respawning.  Would be nice if they would just say if its intended, this really shows their inability to communicate kinda like putting a timer up for release then passing that time and just putting a new timer without commenting on it.  Then at release they admit they messed up bad and are not going to have that happen again with communication mistakes.  Well here we are again  😛.  Jat has been killing it with updates but they slipped here in my opinion.  Still love the game just want to know if we need to move one of our bases off a Lawless Land.

Think most of the people would work around it if they just said it was intended.  We don't want to abandon everything on one location and come to find out it was a bug though.

Yes, in one of the many threads about this issue, someone posted a quote from Jat that says things were "working as intended". Can't remember which one though.

Yea they should really pin that.  In my mind that means they are trying to make lawless zones basically gather only islands or small trade ports

They are trying to FORCE us out of lawless. First they tried to do it with letting us spawn on the bottom of the ocean or mid air. It did not help,, we lawless people are strong.
We survived this, we mastered bedrafts!
Then they tried to increase LAG, dont tell me u lawless people did not encounter WAY more lag then elsewhere. It did not help.
Now they try to starve us this way.
They are almost bullies.

That comment from the dev was very wishy washy. To me it seems like it was broke before and now it is not broke but yet it is still broke according to them. So now they are thinking about how to fix it?

Just now, Khazador said:

That comment from the dev was very wishy washy. To me it seems like it was broke before and now it is not broke but yet it is still broke according to them. So now they are thinking about how to fix it?

As was said in the other topic about resource spawn there is no need to "think" about how to fix it. Its a single variable in the server config file. They could change it in minutes if they want to... 

• Like 2

Just now, MaxPower said:

As was said in the other topic about resource spawn there is no need to "think" about how to fix it. Its a single variable in the server config file. They could change it in minutes if they want to... 

Oh I totally agree and get that but the devs are what...thinking on what?

3 minutes ago, Khazador said:

Normally stuff like this is solved with a server restart, really simple.But this seems indeed intended, it has to do with code that has been implemented with the big patch. It can be solved with reverting that specific change but untill now they will NOT.

Edited by ThisWayisUP

Just now, ThisWayisUP said:

Normally stuff like this is solved with a server restart, really simple.

But this seems indeed intended, it has to do with code that has been implemented with the big patch. It can be solved with reverting that specific change but untill now they will NOT.

See that's what up right there, if lawless is an area to grind alternatively to get a ship then all the resources being blocked is wrong and should be reverted. However if that is not what lawless is for, then what is it for?

I have to agree, I think they are forcing players out of the lawless zones. Maybe even pushing the solo players off the unofficial servers altogether. I really think they intend the official servers to be only for medium to large companies. If you want to play solo, there are lots of unofficial servers that are good for that.

I posted this several days ago, before patch 10. The last few patches are adding features that will encourage people to live on other player's land and not build on areas that are not claimed. I haven't seen this in action, since I no longer play on the officials (heck, the havoc there in the first few days was all it took to get me to go unofficial).

Ark kept me off official servers due to being openly against small groups being a viable option and i fear that Atlas is no different. It sucks that anymore developers seem to have forgotten that most people play games during their free time, we arent all streamers! I rented a server and say that is a horrible alternative as its a rip off to have such a small section of the map and lets face it's been nice meeting people in game again.