Sign in to follow this  
X3PPY

remove fire arrows

Remove fire arrows from the game, it is simply impossible !!! 1 second and in no armor to survive. If you shoot next to the character in the ground, the damage is very high !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

It is unreal, you do not have time to do anything against these stupid arrows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMOVE THEM !!!!!!

• Like 2

The end game combat is fire arrows, they beat every other weapon in the game

The burning ground kills you in less than 5 seconds regardless of what armour you are wearing

Its a joke and i'm not playing until it changes

You ran into the fire..... and died.. That's on you.

But yes flaming arrows are OP against people and animals.  I think fire damage should be reduced against animals and people.  but stay the same against structures.

You must have been close to death from starving or something too... and if you have a bucket you can put the fire out.

It is enough to shoot at the ground next to the player or animal so that it will catch fire. 100 hp in any armor go in 1 second. And here it is not my fault that I entered into a puddle. Why is such an overdose damage from a shot to the ground? I would understand if you first throw oil, and then set it on fire - but no, the earth just burns ...

10 hours ago, Znick said:

You must have been close to death from starving or something too... and if you have a bucket you can put the fire out.

Edited by X3PPY

Fire arrows are stupid and kill the usability of any other weapon in this game, especially now with gun damage nerfed.

• Like 2

Fire arrows are out of control compare 1 fire arrow dmg to a pistol or sword hit. it destroys all other mechanics. git gud trolls are the ones using it most

• Like 1

I totally agree, combat is completely unbalanced.

Melee and firearms are a joke, after the nerf even hardly useable against animals. I can land a swing with my sword on the head of a giant snake, just to do 30ish damage ? I can headshot a pig and it simply does not care ? So why should I spent skillpoint and time here when I can do lots of damage with just one fire-arrow shot.

I really hope, they will balance this in the future, so that firearms are great for hunting and a good opener for PvP combat. But the main focus of fights should be melee and they should last longer than just one or two hits. Everything is in place for this (reload times on firearms, different armors, different melee weapons) but the bows are way out of balance even without fire-arrows.

The solution to start balancing bow is simple: They need to add a timer on charging a bow to give the full damage to a shot. And during charge, you can not move. That would make  a bow a ranged weapong again. And btw loading a firearm during movement should also not be possible. That would make ranged weapons really ranged and give melee some meaning.

• Like 1

the issue with fire damage atm is how they work nerfing them and this bullshit that is going on right now is pointless

should make it so that when you shoot a fire arrow and hit someone it do decent damage but if you hit the ground it starts a fire there but that fire should not make people start fully blazing because they stepped on a small patch of fire it should be more like campfire so basicly if you walk over it or stand in it then it do small amount of damage.

its just stupid that you go full blazing and the strenght of the fire arrow is way to strong compared to any other weapon specially when the game is always gonna be abit laggy its impossible to make it run flawless only way to fix this is killing your player base completely like you probably will having fire arrows as the end game weapon countering everything with it, might aswell remove armor since it fill no real purpose in the game with fire arrows as they are right now.

I find it amusing. I see video's where some guy 1-2 shots people with a pistol, killing 10 people then when he finally gets killed by a fire arrow and cry's that they are over powered.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:26 PM, X3PPY said:

It is unreal, you do not have time to do anything against these stupid arrows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMOVE THEM !!!!!!

How often in your life have you been hit by a fire arrow, so that you are able to determine whats "realistic"?

to be fair, it's literally a flaming stick, the ground shouldn't be irrupting into flames like they do, if anything they should barely be able to light a canvas sail on fire.

Now a flaming oil soaked rag with maybe a glass jar might cause this molotov cocktail explosion that occurs, but would weigh a crap ton and drop like a rock

10 minutes ago, Away said:

It might give you an idea https://youtu.be/uL4vnolCwLI?t=4m39s

Comparing a roman fire arrow with fire arrows from a different era wont work, sorry.

Imagine throwing an alcohol-soaked piece of cloth on the ground. Even the area around the piece of cloth will take fire, since the alcohol would spoil. Imagine greek fire, and combine them with fire arrows. greek fire is some sort of napalm, which sticks to the area around it, when it hits an obstacle.

Even the huns used such stuff.

Those. you mean to say that you carry lighted fire arrows in your quiver and is it real? Add a mini boom ignition game like firearms and everyone will be happy.

the arrows are totally broken, and not only in combat, you can sink galleons stopped with exactly 30 arrows in the same plank. It is totally absurd.