Sign in to follow this  
peter

will you ever try to fix performance issues?

still in ark if you go to huge base your FPS are crippled... cant you just render it as one mesh for players? until you go into building mode where it will be multiple meshes? ive not worked on that code base... but i guess its a incredible mess 😞

can you maybe convince your manager that its time ti refactor and optimise? 

i do not know... not working on it... but i believe if i would treat it as a data-structure with subs, i should be able to code it in a way that reduces rendering weight and still be able to shoot a piece of it... (going into building would still be the same mess, but overall it would be much better)

I don’t believe optimization is at the top of their list right now, and it shouldn’t be. My FPS is good so I have no complaints about it. You will just have to wait. 

My fps never gets above 30, but I would much rather see them address balance issues right now.

Edited by Pappy Green

2 hours ago, peter said:

still in ark if you go to huge base your FPS are crippled... cant you just render it as one mesh for players? until you go into building mode where it will be multiple meshes? ive not worked on that code base... but i guess its a incredible mess 😞

can you maybe convince your manager that its time ti refactor and optimise? 

No, wildcard does not do optimizations. Part of their mission statement actually 

I turned down my settings to nearly the lowest setting getting in the mid 40fps which isn't bad.  Lag spikes are my biggest issue and server lag.  

For all people that have lag spikes, i solved this by putting to "Low" the setting "Anti-Aliasing".

Good luck! 😃