Sign in to follow this  
Tobekan

Abandoned Ships

22 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Right now, I know of no actual way to do it. You can't claim it because when you get aboard, you're floating and can't stand on the deck. And even if the anchor were raised and you could stand on the deck, you still can't claim it because that's bugged.  You can't damage it, you can't climb the ladders, you can't toss any weight onto it to sink it because it's anchored, you can't use climbing picks or grappling hooks, we tried.  And with a recent patch, you can't lure in SotD's because they won't attack anchored ships and hurricanes apparently don't damage anchored ships.

We had one sitting in our harbor for over 2 weeks and in that time I saw it's planks take less than 300 damage.  From what? I have no idea but at that rate, it would have taken months to sink.  We tried attacking with pets, luring in sharks, bears, etc.  None of them could be enticed to damage it.

Because it was blocking half our harbor, I finally submitted a ticket.  A couple of days later we found it unanchored and floating out in deep water.  It sunk a day later.  Whether a GM moved it or the owner logged in and moved it (we had been sending him out of game requests to do so), I have no idea.

I still have 2 other ships, a RSloop and a raft, on another claim I can't get rid of.

My suggestion. Submit a new ticket for every single one you need moved.  The more tickets that get submitted for something that should have an in-game solution, the more likely they'll fix it.

You're right! I will do that, let the devs knows what is annoying.. thx for the reply!

just had to do c6 foy and well time to remove ships -.- there is hundred of ships blocking any hope to get anchored

Just now, Mahakmar said:

just had to do c6 foy and well time to remove ships -.- there is hundred of ships blocking any hope to get anchored

Yep... because they came up with a half baked idea about making people float when on someone else's ship. Now, they're discovering the problem that caused.  Hundreds of abandoned ships that nobody can sink, claim or move and don't even deteriorate.  And now that you can't even get SotD's to shoot them, it's going to become even more of a mess.

sigh yeah its bad, they need to add decay ramp up the longer the ships idle, heck i have people living beside me and they not been on for almost 3 weeks , my ships taken more damage in storms then their combined in the time they not been on

The problem is that the player must be on the ship, but due to the protection against griefers, the player on ship is floating,and can not put the claim flag on the ship, therefore the ships are abandoned and can not be either destroyed or taken, for the stupid griefers we all pay the price 

36 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

The problem is that the player must be on the ship, but due to the protection against griefers, the player on ship is floating,and can not put the claim flag on the ship, therefore the ships are abandoned and can not be either destroyed or taken, for the stupid griefers we all pay the price 

To be fair, even when we could claim ships, it was broken. Anything other than a raft or dinghy would claim the ship in name for us, but you couldn't do anything other than raise and lower the anchor. Masts, wheel, decks and planks all still belonged to the old company.

The only way to kill them at that point was to A: Overweight what was technically now your own ship, or B: Raise the anchor and have someone else bump you to water deep enough that the anchor wouldn't drop when you got off of it.

One of the problems about decay timer is everytime they patch update restart the servers all timers get reset back to max.  I noticed that in lawless a foundation placed gives you a message of 4 days, yet a large box can be placed anywhere on the ground and gives you 16 days, a smithy gives 12 days, I have no idea how many days a raft or RSloop anchored has on it by default, but it doesnt matter because as long as they keep patching/ update and or restart the servers, the timer starts over.

32 minutes ago, Xaric said:

One of the problems about decay timer is everytime they patch update restart the servers all timers get reset back to max.  I noticed that in lawless a foundation placed gives you a message of 4 days, yet a large box can be placed anywhere on the ground and gives you 16 days, a smithy gives 12 days, I have no idea how many days a raft or RSloop anchored has on it by default, but it doesnt matter because as long as they keep patching/ update and or restart the servers, the timer starts over.

Its not based off server reset, its that every time the owner logs on, it goes back to the 21 day reset timer, regardless of how many flags they have.

The green timer on the flag is counting down from what its supposed to count down from, from last logon, based on flag count.  The white timer, that actually controls when you can place a flag to declaim, resets to the full 21 day timer every time they log on, regardless of flag count...which is whats broke.

There are a few claims of people who have 15 or so flags around my base, that should have 18 day or so protection from last logon. They haven't been on in 12 days. The green flag timer says its will be claimable in 6 days, the white top timer says 9 days. It hasn't ever reset either timer on a server restart.

Another group has about 40 flags. Their animals just went claimable this morning, so 8 days that they haven't been on. Their green flag timer says 6 days 11 hrs before its claimable. If I try to place a flag, it says 13 days until I can claim.

Edited by MeatSammich

Yesterday I sent a ticket to the support with all the necessary information and the support only once again ignored my request to remove abandoned boats since the end of december in my territory, they should only pay attention to the problems of the big companies. I've lost before many boats in PVE just because I left them in the territory of big companies for a few hours after stop to sleep after traveling six regions looking for treasures.

Support always responds with the same copied and pasted response 🤬

It is no surprise that they are losing the player base that at the launch was 38~40K is now 15~18K.

• Like 1