Sign in to follow this  
Tobekan

Abandoned Ships

In a lawless zone I have a ship that is abandoned and hasn't moved in almost two weeks (it was likely built in first few days and hasn't moved since).

How do I either 1.  claim this ship or 2. get rid of it?

It is sitting in the way of what i would like to make my large ship yard area.

Thanks!

Well you can get rid of it by sinking it... Either normal way or "heavy" way... And you can claim it for yourself as well by placing a flag on top of it... But the claim process takes a lot of time !

1 minute ago, Will Parrot said:

Well you can get rid of it by sinking it... Either normal way or "heavy" way... And you can claim it for yourself as well by placing a flag on top of it... But the claim process takes a lot of time !

Oh, I didn't realize to claim a ship you have to put your flag on it.  I'll start with this!  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Will Parrot said:

We've had multiple rafts and ships abandoned on or around our company land for over a week, and we can't place a claim flag on them. Does this only work in Lawless or something? 

You sure ship claims work in PvE?

We had a raft in front of our base, abandoned for 2 weeks, would never let us put a claim on it (We eventually sank it, it was clear the owner wasn't using it or coming back. But they really need a way of detecting and removing abandoned ships in PvE, because the sinking exploit isn't acceptable either since it can be used maliciously)

Ohh true PVE ! Didn't pay attention to the forum category... Gosh indeed I have no clue whether its going to work for you, I'm on PVP...

Is the ship in dockyard? Or launched and floating? You would think after 2 weeks of floating it would almost be decayed. Unless of course someone is returning and repairing it. If it's in the dockyard, no idea how to remove it. Maybe they are concerned about launch and someone sinking it..... 

11 minutes ago, Maar said:

Is the ship in dockyard? Or launched and floating? You would think after 2 weeks of floating it would almost be decayed. Unless of course someone is returning and repairing it. If it's in the dockyard, no idea how to remove it. Maybe they are concerned about launch and someone sinking it..... 

It is anchored, and I assume it's a Chinese ship because it's labeled with placeholder characters.  I know it hasn't moved because I have a sloop and raft parked next to it, which haven't moved.

I'm not above building a ship and ramming it, if that's an option.  😏

Edited by Tobekan

Don't know if you can see decay on it or not, but that might give you an idea if it's being maintained or not. 

Yeah, I think hitting the ship will cause enough damage and eventually sink it if not repaired.... Good luck! 🙂

8 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

Hold down E go to options scuttle ship there its dead

So you can go to a random ship and just scuttle it?

1 minute ago, Maar said:

So you can go to a random ship and just scuttle it?

If it was really abandoned I know you can do rafts but I havent tried sloops and above as of yet

I was able to get on board the ship and "claim" it through the ship menu.  However, I have no abilities/access to the ship, if that makes sense.  I can raise and lower the anchor, but that is all.  No ability to scuttle the ship, sadly.

you can claim other peoples rafts in PvE if they stay in your claim circle long enough. I think it's the same for the other ships but takes longer. because i was able to claim a raft 2 days ago. i was able to scuttle the raft i claimed

Edited by pacmansa

There is a schooner well within my circle, today is day 3.  2 People sleeping in the lower deck, no activity at all.  I'm just watching the clock tick waiting to claim/scuttle it.

I was able to claim a couple rafts that have been abandoned in our territory for over a week, just look at them when you're nearby and hold E and if you can claim them you'll get the radial menu. If not, you'll just have to wait I guess. There's no countdown timer or anything to let you know whether you can claim it or not. But you can't operate the sails or build on them or anything like that. I don't know if this is intentional or not. 

Basically, all I've been able to do is look at the properties, raise or lower the anchor, repair, or scuttle. You don't get any resources or anything from scuttling a raft. At least I didn't. At the moment the only real benefit is clearing the clutter off your beach, and for us taking away some crocs favorite resting spot. 

4 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

I was able to claim a couple rafts that have been abandoned in our territory for over a week, just look at them when you're nearby and hold E and if you can claim them you'll get the radial menu. If not, you'll just have to wait I guess. There's no countdown timer or anything to let you know whether you can claim it or not. But you can't operate the sails or build on them or anything like that. I don't know if this is intentional or not. 

Basically, all I've been able to do is look at the properties, raise or lower the anchor, repair, or scuttle. You don't get any resources or anything from scuttling a raft. At least I didn't. At the moment the only real benefit is clearing the clutter off your beach, and for us taking away some crocs favorite resting spot. 

Sounds about right, but I don't have any option other than anchor raise/lower.

10 hours ago, Tobekan said:

Sounds about right, but I don't have any option other than anchor raise/lower.

Raising the anchor will speed up the decay process.

it will also drift if you raise the anchor. with the new rules on cyclones they should push them around real good.

Keyword people seemed to miss>>LAWLESS.

Some people also have tons of gold in storage to keep npc repairing the ships for a very long time.

I feel timers are fine for decay however they are also being abused by people putting down single tiles to keep others from playing the game.

Bottom line,game needs a LOT or work and a lot of tweaks,it was never setup very well from day 1.5x everything would be a good start,5x faster decay and once timers are set in motion,people should be able to claim ships and ownership of anything else abandoned.Otherwise the game just becomes a scrapyard.

Ok. Someone parked at my base and its been a long since the boat was abandoned there. I Can't claim it, can't sink it, and now cant even get on board... any idea how long do i have to wait to claim in lawless? Or how to sink it?? Thx in advance!

Edited by chiconanni

1 hour ago, chiconanni said:

Ok. Someone parked at my base and its been a long since the boat was abandoned there. I Can't claim it, can't sink it, and now cant even get on board... any idea how long do i have to wait to claim in lawless? Or how to sink it?? Thx in advance!

Right now, I know of no actual way to do it. You can't claim it because when you get aboard, you're floating and can't stand on the deck. And even if the anchor were raised and you could stand on the deck, you still can't claim it because that's bugged.  You can't damage it, you can't climb the ladders, you can't toss any weight onto it to sink it because it's anchored, you can't use climbing picks or grappling hooks, we tried.  And with a recent patch, you can't lure in SotD's because they won't attack anchored ships and hurricanes apparently don't damage anchored ships.

We had one sitting in our harbor for over 2 weeks and in that time I saw it's planks take less than 300 damage.  From what? I have no idea but at that rate, it would have taken months to sink.  We tried attacking with pets, luring in sharks, bears, etc.  None of them could be enticed to damage it.

Because it was blocking half our harbor, I finally submitted a ticket.  A couple of days later we found it unanchored and floating out in deep water.  It sunk a day later.  Whether a GM moved it or the owner logged in and moved it (we had been sending him out of game requests to do so), I have no idea.

I still have 2 other ships, a RSloop and a raft, on another claim I can't get rid of.

My suggestion. Submit a new ticket for every single one you need moved.  The more tickets that get submitted for something that should have an in-game solution, the more likely they'll fix it.

• Like 1