darcek

Water supply

Since the start of the game always an issue in ATLAS.

Today my question is regarding cooking.

Many if not all recipes require water.however the only way to get water at the moment is fill water skins in water barrels,which is incredible arduous and time consuming,especially since you want to make hundreds of batches and store for use..

Is there another way to get at least irrigated grill or something,or better way then filling 2 skins at a time(consuming said barrels quickly as well)

This also relates to preparing various dyes,but that you dont use so often on daily basis as food and drinks require.

6 minutes ago, darcek said:

Since the start of the game always an issue in ATLAS.

Today my question is regarding cooking.

Many if not all recipes require water.however the only way to get water at the moment is fill water skins in water barrels,which is incredible arduous and time consuming,especially since you want to make hundreds of batches and store for use..

Is there another way to get at least irrigated grill or something,or better way then filling 2 skins at a time(consuming said barrels quickly as well)

This also relates to preparing various dyes,but that you dont use so often on daily basis as food and drinks require.

If you have a fresh water source you can actually place a "pump" in the water and pipe it uphill or to wherever you are.  And put an indoor spicket to get water without ever leaving your house.

Just now, Hodo said:

If you have a fresh water source you can actually place a "pump" in the water and pipe it uphill or to wherever you are.  And put an indoor spicket to get water without ever leaving your house.

Dont have such a thing,its extremely rare to see outside Free ports.

We got plenty of sea water thou!

Yesterday i cooked some Hardtacks. I put 100 Water in the Grill -> 1 Hardtack

I put a jar with 200 water into the grill -> Still 1 Hardtack

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

assuming they ever fix the patch, you'll be able to fill skins and jars from ground spouts

They fixed it, just access inventory of the water spout and put your jar or skin in there and you will fill it.

20 minutes ago, darcek said:

Dont have such a thing,its extremely rare to see outside Free ports.

We got plenty of sea water thou!

Desert islands have some fresh water sources inland.   Not so common everywhere else though.

Water spouts dont help.Its the same arduous source like barrels,depletes quick and only give small amounts.

If im about to head out on a journey,such supply maybe will last me half the trip..there has to be some more efficient way to do it.

I was thinking more of direction of ARK,where Industrial cooker was a relief,and ive only used the cooking pot to make dyes.

I would love if stone reservoirs held more water than a barrel.

• Like 1

Well as of yesterday the spouts didn't have an inventory or fill anything up, at least for me and my company.  Was getting mixed news on this, people on the forums said it worked, people in game said it didn't so who knows.

Also, if you use the shovel and win the mini game it gives 600 water, which is enough to fill up 3 jars. Since our water is 100, each jar fills you up twice.

I wouldn't call that a small amount for 30 sec of digging.

Edited by RogueLdr

1 hour ago, darcek said:

Water spouts dont help.Its the same arduous source like barrels,depletes quick and only give small amounts.

If im about to head out on a journey,such supply maybe will last me half the trip..there has to be some more efficient way to do it.

I was thinking more of direction of ARK,where Industrial cooker was a relief,and ive only used the cooking pot to make dyes.

Use a shovel to get the water spout. It give like 10x as much and lasts much longer.