Sign in to follow this  
Cyclonic

seems to be a trend for claim lands

We have just a couple island on our region but im on the big island and share it with 3 other companies , 2 I have never seen or spoken to , the third is a outpost for a large trade compant and there is lots of open lands between us . Ever think of tundra life ? its harsh and tough but its also quiet and easy to get you some land . Advice if you choose this rout , high fort and fur armor , learn to outrun yeti and watch for wolves . It may sound hard but its not , you may die a lot in the beginning but once you get the hang of it the biggest problem is no fiber , no salts , no sugars , and no plants that your not growing .  This is why its easy to get land here , it takes work and is not a "easy mode" island where you have everything there and only have to worry about dodging wolves or snake or whatever . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:
9 minutes ago, Grimbergoth said:

We have just a couple island on our region but im on the big island and share it with 3 other companies , 2 I have never seen or spoken to , the third is a outpost for a large trade compant and there is lots of open lands between us . Ever think of tundra life ? its harsh and tough but its also quiet and easy to get you some land . Advice if you choose this rout , high fort and fur armor , learn to outrun yeti and watch for wolves . It may sound hard but its not , you may die a lot in the beginning but once you get the hang of it the biggest problem is no fiber , no salts , no sugars , and no plants that your not growing .  This is why its easy to get land here , it takes work and is not a "easy mode" island where you have everything there and only have to worry about dodging wolves or snake or whatever . 

Was thinking about loading up a sloop with materials and heading up north but found a nice spot in the lawless region that was great until v10.0 hit

3 hours ago, Grimgor said:

They should just get rid of the claiming system in PVE. It's great for PVP but bad for PVE, because it just makes people unnecessarily hostile towards strangers. If you are getting harrassed or griefed by those people I can recommend you to make screenshots or videos as evidence and report them.

Yeah, that works really well for ark...Not. This makes it so if you claim it you have to live in it as well as maintain it. Better than Ark's pillar spam.

There is a few issues with current claim flags atm  

1 : circles if they where square islands be easier to divide up

2 : overlapping on claims that makes you slowly loose terretory

3:  due to overlapping people will claim around their base due to fear of one day their base been overlapped and people get acess to their stash etc

4: those awful gates that cost less then regular walls, yes they stop things getting in but seriously , coming up to a place just walled off with them and you need to go behind for a map is just sigh

5: too many buildings in one area and the spawn will die off and be gone, tested it on a spot where peas and such did spawn, one 4x4 building took away all spawn in the vicinity

6: while the building on others claim is a great idea many will not allow it due to well respawns + people can tend to pack alot of stuff over a large area = spawn done for

I guess there is alot more but a combination of all the above and more makes it hard to get more people settled , so its not a easy task to get it balanced atm  😞

4 hours ago, Malfunktion said:

Game will die. No ones going to pay you a tax to play the game. Not when the start was so fucked up and no one could leave and the few streamer companys that did own all the land. Thats just not going to happen. Not in PVE. Soon it will be 20 people playing by themselves

you know the streamers started on a totally different and unrelated server right?

that the people that got the islands were just normal players that picked up the game faster and got out of the freeport earlier.

We live in Tundra and, as Grimbergoth says, it is harsh.  We have a small company with a few claims and empty beaches on either side.  If we see people pulling up in big ships and camping out our base, which we have each spent 100+ hours building and making defensible against wolves, vultures, and cold, yes, we will be wary of them.  If people make a comment in the global sever chat as soon as they enter the server asking if any land is available for claiming here, we give them directions to the empty beach to the sides of us.  They usually realize they are dying of cold before they make it there, I assume, because those spots are still empty.  You have to have at least half your level points in Fort to even survive outside in the rain with fur armor.  Either that or they see the beaches teaming with packs of a dozen wolves and swarms of vultures as soon as they get close enough and decide to just turn around.

13 minutes ago, cloWandering said:

We live in Tundra and, as Grimbergoth says, it is harsh.  We have a small company with a few claims and empty beaches on either side.  If we see people pulling up in big ships and camping out our base, which we have each spent 100+ hours building and making defensible against wolves, vultures, and cold, yes, we will be wary of them.  If people make a comment in the global sever chat as soon as they enter the server asking if any land is available for claiming here, we give them directions to the empty beach to the sides of us.  They usually realize they are dying of cold before they make it there, I assume, because those spots are still empty.  You have to have at least half your level points in Fort to even survive outside in the rain with fur armor.  Either that or they see the beaches teaming with packs of a dozen wolves and swarms of vultures as soon as they get close enough and decide to just turn around.

you got one of the nice tundras , vultures instead of yetis … but yes you need a lot of fort , with hide armor would take about 80 fort and even then weather effects and nights outside can be deadly , with fur though its not as bad . This is why land in tundras are available , plus we have a monsterous whale in our region . but like anything else you learn to adapt and you will be ok , I do advise making friends with one oft he big trade companies to get regular or large shipments of things you need for the more unique resources the tundra has . Makes life and survival a lot easier .

4 hours ago, Cyclonic said:

First why was your main base claimable? second why not offer them a spot instead of chasing them off? hmm yeah...

Probably because like many other companies that have given spots those players turn around and try to sell the claim or keep trying to claim more or cause problems in some other way.

the tax system gives incentives to allow people to build on land that has been claimed, but they will still have to micromanage where people can build to prevent them from building on metal spawns etc.

every person you allow to build on an island is one more person you potentially have to beat back from trying to claim the metal nodes so that they can build on them and ruin it for everyone, just look at the lawless zones if you need to understand why the companies are afraid.

every new person on the island is one more person that is a risk of pulling sotd into your harbour to sink your boats, or a weight griefer or anyone else that causes problems.

The tax system isn't going anywhere, learn to live with it, find some land on an island and play nice, keep your head down and don't stir up trouble till the company in control feels comfortable enough with you being there to relax their death grip. Chances are they will reward good tenants with lower tax rates if they can through the ally system.

If you start claiming, if you start complaining, if you start trying to steal or give them grief in any way expect to log on one day to a message that says your building privilege have been revoked and the tax is back fo 30% or worse.

We say this through personal experience,

We have given land to have it thrown in our face.

We have recruited people to have them try to demo our flags.

We have has insiders already, the island we are on has a good balance, people work together, they protected each other during the sotd fiasco, there is an easy peace that is only disrupted by outsiders

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, microphobe said:

Probably because like many other companies that have given spots those players turn around and try to sell the claim or keep trying to claim more or cause problems in some other way.

the tax system gives incentives to allow people to build on land that has been claimed, but they will still have to micromanage where people can build to prevent them from building on metal spawns etc.

every person you allow to build on an island is one more person you potentially have to beat back from trying to claim the metal nodes so that they can build on them and ruin it for everyone, just look at the lawless zones if you need to understand why the companies are afraid.

every new person on the island is one more person that is a risk of pulling sotd into your harbour to sink your boats, or a weight griefer or anyone else that causes problems.

The tax system isn't going anywhere, learn to live with it, find some land on an island and play nice, keep your head down and don't stir up trouble till the company in control feels comfortable enough with you being there to relax their death grip. Chances are they will reward good tenants with lower tax rates if they can through the ally system.

If you start claiming, if you start complaining, if you start trying to steal or give them grief in any way expect to log on one day to a message that says your building privilege have been revoked and the tax is back fo 30% or worse.

We say this through personal experience,

We have given land to have it thrown in our face.

We have recruited people to have them try to demo our flags.

We have has insiders already, the island we are on has a good balance, people work together, they protected each other during the sotd fiasco, there is an easy peace that is only disrupted by outsiders

This would be correct.  We've given land to some and they have maintained being friendly.  The particular group that was trying to steal land was also actively trying to sink ships in the nearby area.  I'm completely unwilling to live with people like that, just like the majority of the population of the region I am in.  Quite frankly I live on the smallest island in my region with about 40 other people between the alliance we have, too many more and we're gonna be having to argue over who can log in and play.

1 hour ago, Mahakmar said:

There is a few issues with current claim flags atm  

1 : circles if they where square islands be easier to divide up

2 : overlapping on claims that makes you slowly loose terretory

3:  due to overlapping people will claim around their base due to fear of one day their base been overlapped and people get acess to their stash etc

4: those awful gates that cost less then regular walls, yes they stop things getting in but seriously , coming up to a place just walled off with them and you need to go behind for a map is just sigh

5: too many buildings in one area and the spawn will die off and be gone, tested it on a spot where peas and such did spawn, one 4x4 building took away all spawn in the vicinity

6: while the building on others claim is a great idea many will not allow it due to well respawns + people can tend to pack alot of stuff over a large area = spawn done for

I guess there is alot more but a combination of all the above and more makes it hard to get more people settled , so its not a easy task to get it balanced atm  😞

the gates dont cost less, like 10X more now but that dont effect ones already there and you demoslish ones from the before the patch you get  5x free better mats..

So I have been hunting a place to stay besides lawless cause easy 70 plus people there. Well claimed islands are a joke, i was told to fk off as soon as i even came close to land. One group said I can rent a space max 6x6 2 floors high but only if I pay the discord fee........fk off ....now I have a few people on my list to piss off.  I can handle these people on islands cause I have tuff skin and the world around me has made me this way. But I totally understand why people are upset. Some of the group's holding the lands are rude and charging real life money to build on......fix your shit man until then I have 2 groups to torment lol see ya on the sea.

2 minutes ago, Notorious said:

So I have been hunting a place to stay besides lawless cause easy 70 plus people there. Well claimed islands are a joke, i was told to fk off as soon as i even came close to land. One group said I can rent a space max 6x6 2 floors high but only if I pay the discord fee........fk off ....now I have a few people on my list to piss off.  I can handle these people on islands cause I have tuff skin and the world around me has made me this way. But I totally understand why people are upset. Some of the group's holding the lands are rude and charging real life money to build on......fix your shit man until then I have 2 groups to torment lol see ya on the sea.

Report that shit!

It's actually cited in the code of conduct.

Without having to read through the mountains of posts, I will say there are claimable land in PVE NA, you just have to look. Sailing around for a couple of hours and complaining about no land is a cop out. Actually Sail around for some time and check every Island. I see the same complaint all the time, and giggle since I've found not one, not two, not three, but 4 different places to claim land (I settled on a great spot last week). I found them down in the south central and south west. There is absolutely claimable land, you just have to search for it. FYI, you can spend weeks searching (which many do), so dont lose hope, just be patient! Also, FYI, there is a big difference between THERE, THEIR, and THEY'RE. Grammar police out!

• Like 1