Sign in to follow this  
Cyclonic

seems to be a trend for claim lands

i've been to many islands lawless and claim lands, most players i seen on claim lands is about 10 to 20 players 20 being rare mostly i see 5 to 10 on claim lands and on lawless lands i see 50 to 100 players.. when i visit claim land some are welcoming and most want u off there island and follow u around waiting for u to drop a flag, when i ask about building on there land there rules are pretty strict only allowed to build a 5X5 house etc etc with 30% tax they have to do nothing to help they can at least provide safety while you get a foothold but i don't see that happening. 

i found a spot to claim yesterday very small and i got walled off last night  3 players sleeping on my boat, think there trying to get the lions to destroy the bed and very hateful messages on the flag... i talk to someone there and they're pissed i didn't ask before placing one flag on THERE island and said they will do anything to get rid of my flag so lol i don't even know lol i can't build there the two small paths that lead inland got walled off so im sol on that island

the claim servers run flawless and i think the owners want to keep it that way by not letting players build there. if i owned an island that's what i would want minimal players/buildings to keep the server running good..

i went to one claim land and someone seen me and in chat he said... there's a guy running around get to your flags follow him!! lol yeah i just left that server....

there's a ton of servers with barely anyone on them while most are on laggy packed lawless lands this is just feels wrong and very unbalanced 

Edit O and now it seems were being forced off lawless to go beg for a spot and pay taxes... yay!...

Islands are way to small and everyone wants a beach spot.

Edited by Cyclonic

They should just get rid of the claiming system in PVE. It's great for PVP but bad for PVE, because it just makes people unnecessarily hostile towards strangers. If you are getting harrassed or griefed by those people I can recommend you to make screenshots or videos as evidence and report them.

2 minutes ago, Grimgor said:

They should just get rid of the claiming system in PVE. It's great for PVP but bad for PVE, because it just makes people unnecessarily hostile towards strangers. If you are getting harrassed or griefed by those people I can recommend you to make screenshots or videos as evidence and report them.

And then we are back to pillar/foundation spamming as seen in the lawless islands where resources are scarce because no one thought that foundations would ever effect spawning.  I'm sorry but this is a short sighted idea.  The claim system as it stands works, it does need quite a bit of improvement still but removing it because someone is having a hard time getting an area is just silly.  I've been to plenty of locations on the map, enough blocks to have found several locations where people will open up spots, will make them neutral for you, or even heard talks of building apartment complexes for people with unlocked ship docks so you can build your boats at your leisure.  We are better off this early in the game to focus on improving the system, not destroying it.  As it stands it is a hell of a lot better than the pillar system in ark ever was.  I'm sorry you are having a tough time finding a spot to build, but I promise it can be done.  As for the hateful messages, I would advise just ignoring those altogether for right now anyone can change that message at any time, we have wound up with some rather derogatory content being spammed on our flags before when chasing off people trying to claim our base(not land on the island but our actual base.) 

Conan did something like 1 hour timers on pillars and foundations that cleaned up there servers so much. they could easily do something like that. not saying that's what they should but it's an option.

10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

And then we are back to pillar/foundation spamming as seen in the lawless islands where resources are scarce because no one thought that foundations would ever effect spawning.  I'm sorry but this is a short sighted idea.  The claim system as it stands works, it does need quite a bit of improvement still but removing it because someone is having a hard time getting an area is just silly.  I've been to plenty of locations on the map, enough blocks to have found several locations where people will open up spots, will make them neutral for you, or even heard talks of building apartment complexes for people with unlocked ship docks so you can build your boats at your leisure.  We are better off this early in the game to focus on improving the system, not destroying it.  As it stands it is a hell of a lot better than the pillar system in ark ever was.  I'm sorry you are having a tough time finding a spot to build, but I promise it can be done.  As for the hateful messages, I would advise just ignoring those altogether for right now anyone can change that message at any time, we have wound up with some rather derogatory content being spammed on our flags before when chasing off people trying to claim our base(not land on the island but our actual base.) 

Game will die. No ones going to pay you a tax to play the game. Not when the start was so fucked up and no one could leave and the few streamer companys that did own all the land. Thats just not going to happen. Not in PVE. Soon it will be 20 people playing by themselves

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

But then your at the hands of the player/owner might as well play on unofficial. game is feeling more like a landlords & tents sim lol

i dont want to login one day to find the owner got mad at someone and removed everything from everyone or the server gets laggy and has to evict players 

2 minutes ago, Malfunktion said:

Game will die. No ones going to pay you a tax to play the game. Not when the start was so fucked up and no one could leave and the few streamer companys that did own all the land. Thats just not going to happen. Not in PVE. Soon it will be 20 people playing by themselves

Honestly the Game player base will fluctuate as to be expected with games of this type.  If you want to quit feel free to do so, it is an Early Access game where things are changing all the time and not everything will make you happy.  You act like taxes in a game are new though, so I would have to believe you've not played a lot of games before as it is not a new mechanic and will not kill anything.  You can of course negotiate much lower taxes and even find areas with no taxes.  And no a few streamer companies do not own all the land. 

1 minute ago, Cyclonic said:

But then your at the hands of the player/owner might as well play on unofficial. game is feeling more like a landlords & tents sim lol

i dont want to login one day to find the owner got mad at someone and removed everything from everyone or the server gets laggy and has to evict players 

Your at the hands of the player/owner anyways.  Whether you do this claim system or you can't build anywhere because someone pillared off the entire island.  Have you tried the neutral zones to even see if that is an option to remove you because they didn't want you there anymore?  I'd like to think it had more protections than that, but maybe that's a suggestion that builds out the system better.  This game may be called a "Pirate MMO" but it's really a Colony Survival Game, you are not meant to play on your own or even in super small groups.  

I know when I post this viewpoint a lot of people probably think I'm in some huge company that owns entire sectors, I am not.  I am in a company of around 20-25 people and I share the tiniest island in our region with another company of 20-25 people.  The largest island in our region is owned by a few dozen companies all with 3-4 people in each owning massive blocks of territory.  But almost every single person I have run into is friendly enough to either let us use taming traps, negotiate taxes or make fair trade deals.   Yes there are a few bad eggs abusing the system, but that doesn't mean you trash the system and ruin it for everyone.  If 40,000 players all tried to live solo and have their own base/tames/ships there would be no resources left to harvest to build anything by the time they got their first foundation placed.  

anddd there it is! bam!

Might want to quote the whole thing, They were trying to claim our actual base and boats.  If you feel you would happily give up your base to someone then feel free to do so.  Instead quit being childish.

1 minute ago, Vaenix said:

Might want to quote the whole thing, They were trying to claim our actual base and boats.  If you feel you would happily give up your base to someone then feel free to do so.  Instead quit being childish.

First why was your main base claimable? second why not offer them a spot instead of chasing them off? hmm yeah...

Honestly the Game player base will fluctuate as to be expected with games of this type.  If you want to quit feel free to do so, it is an Early Access game where things are changing all the time and not everything will make you happy.  You act like taxes in a game are new though, so I would have to believe you've not played a lot of games before as it is not a new mechanic and will not kill anything.  You can of course negotiate much lower taxes and even find areas with no taxes.  And no a few streamer companies do not own all the land. 

Your at the hands of the player/owner anyways.  Whether you do this claim system or you can't build anywhere because someone pillared off the entire island.  Have you tried the neutral zones to even see if that is an option to remove you because they didn't want you there anymore?  I'd like to think it had more protections than that, but maybe that's a suggestion that builds out the system better.  This game may be called a "Pirate MMO" but it's really a Colony Survival Game, you are not meant to play on your own or even in super small groups.  

I know when I post this viewpoint a lot of people probably think I'm in some huge company that owns entire sectors, I am not.  I am in a company of around 20-25 people and I share the tiniest island in our region with another company of 20-25 people.  The largest island in our region is owned by a few dozen companies all with 3-4 people in each owning massive blocks of territory.  But almost every single person I have run into is friendly enough to either let us use taming traps, negotiate taxes or make fair trade deals.   Yes there are a few bad eggs abusing the system, but that doesn't mean you trash the system and ruin it for everyone.  If 40,000 players all tried to live solo and have their own base/tames/ships there would be no resources left to harvest to build anything by the time they got their first foundation placed.  

Lol What BS. Not everyone is trying to solo it. And the game will die. Its like Ark where servers are abandoned because of Alpha tribes eventually it was just the alpha tribes left on the server. I was in one of them lol. 4500 hours and many server take overs later in ark begs to differ with you.  At the end was just us no one to play with.

24 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

except you forgot the bits about claims being stolen via the "working" system you mentioned, its even been posted in general discussion about how overlapping can and does happen, atm claim system doesnt work, neither does no claim system too many griefs or harssers. the whole build system needs to be rethought out

3 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Woooha bro i did not insult you we were just talking and now who is the childish one.

Woooha bro i did not insult you we were just talking and now who is the childish one.

Nah, you misquoted to try to win an argument.  That's a child's game, have fun.

3 minutes ago, Sketch said:

except you forgot the bits about claims being stolen via the "working" system you mentioned, its even been posted in general discussion about how overlapping can and does happen, atm claim system doesnt work, neither does no claim system too many griefs or harssers. the whole build system needs to be rethought out

Parts of it don't work, and need to be redone yes. I've never said it was perfect, I specifically said that removing it just brings us back to the pillar foundation shit, as has already been a thing when Lawless wasn't claimable.

5 minutes ago, Malfunktion said:

Lol What BS. Not everyone is trying to solo it. And the game will die. Its like Ark where servers are abandoned because of Alpha tribes eventually it was just the alpha tribes left on the server. I was in one of them lol. 4500 hours and many server take overs later in ark begs to differ with you.  At the end was just us no one to play with.

I'm not claiming everyone is trying to solo it, but a large majority of the complaints in here are small groups trying to go out and do exactly that. I couldn't care less what your Ark status was.  I've got many hours there and I can see it's problems are existing over here as well.  Just as many players all fighting for the same land this time in a map much larger than Ark ever dreamed of being, and the same players would rather tear down functionality instead of try to build it up into a better system than it is.  All because you can't handle the idea of communicating with each other in a peaceful/civil way.   Everyone likes to claim the game will die cuz "OMG THIS FEATURE IS SO BAD!!!", that's great, but what makes 1 person unhappy can make 100 people happy and you still haven't killed the game.

2 hours ago, Vaenix said:

[...]

[...]

HVOPVEF.png

giphy.gif.fb05a5c7898515e47587de7e08b01dd2.gif.ed34474ba03b6c696898dee005d2d402.gif

Edited by MindOfMadness
  • Like 1

Nah, you misquoted to try to win an argument.  That's a child's game, have fun.

Parts of it don't work, and need to be redone yes. I've never said it was perfect, I specifically said that removing it just brings us back to the pillar foundation shit, as has already been a thing when Lawless wasn't claimable.

I'm not claiming everyone is trying to solo it, but a large majority of the complaints in here are small groups trying to go out and do exactly that. I couldn't care less what your Ark status was.  I've got many hours there and I can see it's problems are existing over here as well.  Just as many players all fighting for the same land this time in a map much larger than Ark ever dreamed of being, and the same players would rather tear down functionality instead of try to build it up into a better system than it is.  All because you can't handle the idea of communicating with each other in a peaceful/civil way.   Everyone likes to claim the game will die cuz "OMG THIS FEATURE IS SO BAD!!!", that's great, but what makes 1 person unhappy can make 100 people happy and you still haven't killed the game.

LOL History just proves you wrong. Good thing is the never promosed like in Ark there would never be a wipe. Hopefully their smart enough to do one.

2 minutes ago, Malfunktion said:

LOL History just proves you wrong. Good thing is the never promosed like in Ark there would never be a wipe. Hopefully their smart enough to do one.

They probably won't wipe, they will likely keep it just like they did Ark and have legacy servers.

5 minutes ago, Cyclonic said:

Misquoting and catching by one out of context sentence is childish. So yeah, you were. 

All this here was already discussed many times and really, a lot of us - okey, I for sure - don't really fill like reiterating everything else I've already said. I will sum up some of it for you. Removing claims will get even worse situation. Limiting claims to 1 per person is case of not thinking it through and taking megatribes and smallest companies into consideration. 
Claiming is still possible. Most vocal players are jerks when it comes to claims and sharing. You can find nice people. When you start crying and namecalling you will be chased away. When you start acting like someone who has to get the claim from someone who already have it, you will be chased away. You would also have boat sunk, be killed by crocs, etc. etc.

Fill free to contribute to already existing discussion. I know its hard to read through several pages worth of big posts. Good luck! 

• Like 1

Just now, Vaenix said:

They probably won't wipe, they will likely keep it just like they did Ark and have legacy servers.

Which turn abandoned that then have 20 people in the same group left 🙂

If they open a new servers these first ones will be ghost towns.

ho lee shat the up tightness of forum people don't mess around lul my bad is it wasnt directed at vaenix its just most owners seem to do that's why i didn't quote the hole thing i should've just type it did the quote for laziness i guess lol my bad bro im not a forum guy. i just trying to give some insight.

edit oooo i see it says there name right there in the quote.. ya i can see how that looks bad

Edited by Cyclonic

We were a small group unsuccessfully looking for a place to claim... we came across another small group that had claims on a decent chunk of an island. Their issue was trying to hold the flags with a small group, so they made an offer... if we joined their Company, they would allow us to build up on a section of the island, and we were free to play within our original group, just with a Company name change.

I'm sure both sides were leery at first, we only had initial impressions of each other to judge, but everything seems to be working out. As we get to know each other, I see the trust building, and the lines blurring... who knows, maybe we will eventually work together as a single Company, not just in name. Either way, it's working.

So there are solutions out there, communication is the key.