Sign in to follow this  
Tezcatlipoca

Ship of the Damned: Loot quality

Iam still building a new Brigantine at now and iam still thinking about ist best usecase. I allready own a well shaped exploration ship, so i thought about a battleship. 

2 x 6 gunports + 3 large sails = 15 npc crewmembers. Their upkeep will be very expensive and this leads me to my real question:

Is the loot quality of the Ship of the Damned realy sufficient? I dont believe so... The crew upkeep is high, the materials needed for the repair and ammo must be farmed and at the end there is alway the risk to lose the entire ship. As long as the loot does not exceed 100 gold, hunting is not worth it. Until then, it makes more sense to avoid the ships and go simply tresure hunting. But with this realization, you quickly realize that you no longer need an expensive fighting ship. This somehow seriously jeopardizes the entire PVE concept.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Iam still building a new Brigantine at now and iam still thinking about ist best usecase. I allready own a well shaped exploration ship, so i thought about a battleship. 

2 x 6 gunports + 3 large sails = 15 npc crewmembers. Their upkeep will be very expensive and this leads me to my real question:

Is the loot quality of the Ship of the Damned realy sufficient? I dont believe so... The crew upkeep is high, the materials needed for the repair and ammo must be farmed and at the end there is alway the risk to lose the entire ship. As long as the loot does not exceed 100 gold, hunting is not worth it. Until then, it makes more sense to avoid the ships and go simply tresure hunting. But with this realization, you quickly realize that you no longer need an expensive fighting ship. This somehow seriously jeopardizes the entire PVE concept.

Well, the loot from the green ones is pretty bad, I don't know how well it scales up, as the yellow one (lvl 14) we fought beat us up so badly we ended up losing out on the loot for it while trying to keep the ship afloat after the fight. To be fair though, the level 14 was the first time we fought a ship vs ship battle, so mistakes were made and it didn't go as smoothly as it could have. 

But if you've fought before, if my experience is reflective of how tough greens are, taking them out isn't much of a problem with a full loadout of gun ports on a schooner. Yellows are manageable, but you need to know what you're doing more than I did. Anything higher than that you might be pushing your luck, but it depends on your luck, skill, and the skill of your crew, and how your ship is equipped.  

tbh the payout sinking 1-6 not worth it getting 5-8 gold -.-, you will be paying a crew each 0.6-7 hours on cannons  , so you need to do some recog to find the spawn then take out the ship , issue we finding atm they are clusterd lvl 1-20 -.- , one is fine as you can repair between more you are really pushing it

I'm not sure what are the devs plans for these ships. However, for now i do not consider this part as entertaining content because the effort is greater than the benefit.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca