Sign in to follow this  
Anarki

So what did you do in Atlas today?

52 minutes ago, UDO said:

and  i doubt u are lvl 100 and have explored much of the other grids ? or completed your compass power stones , or killed any of the bosses ? have u built a battle brig and manned it with ai crew and a fuck ton of cvannons and killed sotd from low to high lvl ?  if u have then ok maybe u dont have anything to do ,

This was a while back now... I have  since moved to unofficial as of last week on a decent sized server which is expanding with even more grids soon as well as the kraken grid. Has a permanent 4x gathering (the current 2x weekend rate) 3x XP and Gold, 5x Tame (although doesn't really need it taming is pretty fast. Slightly slower aging and vitamin decay (which is actually annoying on vitamins sometimes as you will overfill vitamins and still be hungry. Not every island is named just a few per grid which give a heap of discovery each, has all 8 power stone islands, there is about 2-3 x as many islands per grid which makes finding land and also resource types are more plentiful per grid. So I am finally exploring these things of having fully manned ships and being able to afford it without farming maps for hours on end. Still is PvP too but without the offline raiding. It's been quite enjoyable.

Is anyone even sailing? This isn't ARK, people; get out of your base. How are you going to get to level 70+ and build ships out of legendary and mythic parts if you sit in your base...

• Like 1

Yesterday was a bit of a grind day, finishing up the 2x weekend since it was through last night(not sure if it's been disabled or not).  Worked on expanding my outer wall as we have an overabundance of bear tames(needed for alphas).  I laid the foundation pieces, I need to make more and get a stairwell setup on it later on but will have to gather more materials as metal is not natural in this outpost.  We travelled from D2 down to D4 in order to locate a new metal spawn location and found Iron in a large abundance and brought home roughly 5,000 of it for finishing up our yard.  After we got home we expanded our farm, doubling it's capacity for making food.  Then took a run around gathering some other building mats(wood/stone/thatch). Needing just a little bit of xp to get to lvl 62 I ran around the island on my bear (Major) looking for alphas, I ran into a lovely alpha bull on the other side of the island.  After killing the bull and returning home I noticed a nice lvl 28 bear sitting outside just waiting to be tamed but unfortunately I needed to get to bed for the night.  I believe my crewmate may have tamed him.  

Hoping to tame up a new rhino/elephant this week for trade and get some materials moved down to M4.  We are likely going to be working on a Cargo Galleon here soon though.

NA PVE

Had a short but productive day. Started doing a little gathering to take advantage of 2x still being active.

Next we finished up stocking our galleon, at this point all we need is food for our trip on Saturday. And if we forgot anything we can craft it on board. I went a little overboard on repair mats for a pve cargo/exploration ship, but given how much we went through on our brig last weekend its probably still not enough. 4k wood, 4k thatch, 6k fiber, 1500 metal, few stacks of hide and 20 replacement planks.

To finish out the play session we slapped 5 large cannons on the back of one of our schooners so we have something capable of killing SoTD. Also, our ally who lost his brig last saturday said he is almost finished with its replacement. 

Came across a base on Lawless that was able to be demolished, so I took out a wall panel and got loads of wood, thatch and fibre plus other good stuff.  Best of all was when i saw the tames with a claim timer on them.  An Elephant, two Bears, 2 Horses, one Lion... and a Cow.  😄  Built walls around them and roofed over the top of it all so I can claim them when the timer runs out.  Demolished the Shipyard and put my own down, and it's got a really deep sea channel so I can start a Schooner.  Once I build my mobile base, I'll demolish everything and head off back to the Tundra, exploring as I go, and meet up again with ingame friends in the north.  A very satisfying day.  🙂

NA PVE

Started off today discovering that one of our bears and cows had been killed by an alpha cobra that must have glitched through the walls. Guess its time to reinforce the walls a little better.

So after that we decided to take our galleon on a little joyride to get a feel for it. Not far, just to a neaby island so we could get honey to tame another bear this weekend. Furst thought are its crazy fast, but now I see what everyone is talking about with its turning radius. Took almost the entire distance between my island and the next to do a 180, lol.

So we get several hundred honey and then hit another nearby island for shale oil before circling back to base. We encountered 1 sotd, which I didnt even try to avoid, I just blew past him and he missed, lol.

So I learned something today, my brig is still going to be my main ship, and the galleon will be reserved for heavy hauling, and long distance exploration, lol.

EU PVP

I wont play Atlas till they fix stone, give ships an offline protection, change the fountain of youth mechanics, repair the claim system, repair the pillar spamming in lawless, buff defence a lot, repair taming and find back to a customer friendly game optimization and start communication with their player base.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 2

Logged on.
Tried to harvest. Killed by cobras.
Tried to build. Killed by cobras.
Logged off.

• Haha 2

Last night was mildly uneventful.  We were gathering up treasure maps from nearby areas while searching out a close source of salt.  We took our cargo ship and 2 bears over a few blocks to the F column to find some high desert areas in the hopes that we'd locate a salt deposit and fortunately we did.  Before this we nabbed a few nice treasure maps and managed to net about 1.5k gold and about half of a level(62-63).   I'm hopeful that with a few more islands I'll be able to push my max to 64 before hitting the treasure map tonight as that will likely push my xp over 63s mark. 

Tonight we are hopeful for going to O7 and doing a special map there before we hit the powerstone.

On Unofficial I hopped on for a few but realized I need to be able to dedicate more time at once to it as I don't have any set goals other than grinding materials right now.   I need to finish fitting my tattoo shop and get a few more designs in for people to choose from along with setting up the pictures for modeling them on canvas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Talono said:

EU PVP

I wont play Atlas till they fix stone, give ships an offline protection, change the fountain of youth mechanics, repair the claim system, repair the pillar spamming in lawless, buff defence a lot, repair taming and find back to a customer friendly game optimization and start communication with their player base.

You're going to wait until 2050 then?

Logged in, got my bear killed, tried to tame a new one, didn't have 16 hours to tame one.  Logged out.

Today I patched, crashed, crashed, tried to spawn on a boat that is bugged. crashed, patched.... it hasn't been a good experience and the rest of the group of 50 of us are tired of it and trying REALLY hard to stick with the game. its not looking bright though.

Super uneventful night as I didn't spend a ton of time in game.  Discussed the breeding mechanics with some neighbors and sailed over to deliver bears that they were buying for 1k gold.  I noticed that we have an excess of ghost ships in between our two islands so I will be arming up my battle brig to take care of that for the next voyage over.

When I logged in today, I took a look at how grand my harbor was full of ships and began doing my daily puckle tower defense checks to see if they needed gold or food. I then began to farm resources for my new brig and once it was finished, I took her out to level her and get crew. I finished armoring the ship afterwards and put the final touches. After that, me and my lads built a new whaling schooner and went to go make some ez gold. On the way home, my whaling ship got attacked and sunk, but me and my allies came back while they were trying to salvage the ship and we sunk 3 brigs in the process ^.^

Sailed 1 hour to server with ancient ruins in order to hunt high level SOTD. Killed 4 above level 50, got mythical and legendary bullshits in form of chest, dingy dock, mess table, ammo crate. The only kind of useful thing was 160% masterwork mortar blueprint. Sailed back. Total wasted time 3 hours without even counting the grind needed for repairs and refilling the ammo 😄

I was climbing up a hill looking for treasure, when I got stuck on some trees.  After randomly clicking around, I fell inside the hill and couldn't get out.  Everyone went black, and my coordinates read 0,0.  I couldn't even teleport out.  It happens around 1:18:40 to the end in the video below.

may daily routine today: 

- sunk my beloved first build schooner cause my tame counted as crew and was therfore over max crew limit by one (FUCK ME)

- demolished the boat and loaded resources into my beloved super bear tame with 2000 weight .. ported it back on a ship and it just vanished (gone, not dead, just gone, FUCK ME)

- tried to move my boat, stuck on the beach after latest update. 

way to go.. way to go.. such a lovely experience ! 

NA PVE

Today we decided it was time to do something different with our base. It was crappily thrown together as our needs changed, and is cramped and looked horrible. Instead of remodeling we decided to build the new one right next to it so we could take our time and tear it down when the new one is finished. We decided to build it on a cliff platform, never did that in Ark so I think it will be a cool change for us and since we already had a platform in place as a way to get down the cliff, we just had to start building off of it.

We didnt jave a lot of time this morning, but we got something basic started. Not ready to share pictures yet untill its finished, lol.

Our plans for this weekend are to do an 1800 gold map, and then explore and gather non local resources on the way home, hopefully filling up our galleon. We are all at level cap so we need to switch focus to getting discovery points. On the way to the map we plan on visiting a friend who is 1 square over. We are trading them a rhino for a lion, and then we are going to borrow their taming pen and tame a few bears.

25 minutes ago, arzosah said:

Gave away all my land on official to one lucky individual.

Welp, I missed out.