Sign in to follow this  
Anarki

So what did you do in Atlas today?

I robbed a guy from Legion of the Damned on his schooner. He seemed like a nice guy.

Made 6 trips back and forth from my island to our colony farming rare mats and bringing them back home.

I made a brig for my friend.

I sunk 3 schooners who were trying to be funny griefers.

I sunk some ghost ships.

I did some treasure maps to help level a new recruit.

What did you do?

• Like 1

Last night was fairly eventful for the short time I was online.  We did a quick run for some crystal down to L5(freeport so generic crystal for explosives).  After getting about 2k crystal we looped up to L4 where we had about 10 different maps to complete, this allowed a few of us to level up(56 finally yay).  Once we were done we returned home with around 4k gold from the trip.  After offloading everything we decided to test out a new toy,  the horse swivel.  Basically what we did was toss a swivel cannon on the back of a cargo saddle on a horse and loaded the horse with some liquid flame and grapeshot(gun will feed from the horses inventory!).  We had some maps to do on our home island so we wanted to test exactly how effective this would be for future maps of higher difficulty, needless to say highly highly recommend for all things.  The swivel does between 700 and 2400 damage to all things army of the dead and the flame shot replaces fire arrows when alphas come around.  The important piece is obviously avoid the flames when riding the horse.  

• Like 1

I logged in to find myself dead and none of my company on. Wasnt sure where to spawn into as I have been on holiday.

I logged in to a freeport and wandered around before 'shootergame.exe' crash error popped up.

Decided to verify game files via steam and will try again tonight hoping for some company members to be on... it sucks being the only British guy in an American gaming clan 😛

(pve)

log in- feed animals - empty tax bank - check claims - farm some basic resources

port to my brig, continue exploring every island and doing treasure maps. not been in my base for some while now, just log off there to not lose the claim. 

been spending all my time on my ship sailing around making discoveries and finding rare resources. 

the day I lose my ship is the day I stop playing ATLAS 😞 love my ship so much

• Like 1

Hunted down a whale, rinded some boat parts, made a new trade partner, finished my battle brig and faught some SoDs with it. Went to bed at 4am, looking forward to tonight XD

Harvested from my harden for the first time, used the veggies to tame a bull. Was disappointed with it. Lost a bear to a flock of vultures because it was accidentally set to passive. Fired most of my crew because I couldn't afford them. Looked for a rhino to tame, came up empty Built a cargo saddle (cart), and hooked it up to the horse. Was disappointed. Built a carriage, that was fun to play with, but doesn't really have any practical use besides role play.

Finished a brig. Was building base defences to protect it before that.

Now when the brig is finished and loaded with cannons and crew and everything... i have nothing to do with it.

• Haha 1

Logged on to refresh my claims, noticed an alpha crocodile spawned in my stable and killed everything, killed crocodile, logged off. This is pretty much a daily routine for me, until they pull their heads out of their asses and do something positive with the aging system and ships of the damned on server lines.

Built some large stone garages for my sloops.

Pushed back a chinese megatribe.

Edited by Talono

Topped up on some gold (Treasure hunts) and repair mats, finally got round to taming a Rhino but had to log off before trying it, looking forward to seeing what its like to farm stone now they re-balanced weight so just hoping it survives till I can get back on 🤞 

Yesterday was chock full of busy work that just needed to be done.  We had good maps we needed to get done and some tames that were needed at outposts so it was a lot of sailing yesterday between regions.  I was with a crewmate most of the time in our tundra outpost.  We've managed to find some really friendly neighbors in at least 3 regions so far.  My crewmate and I needed to gain a level or 2 (56 with a max of 60 the both of us) and our crew(npcs) were running short on gold so we ran around with our bears (Ursa and Minor) knocking down a few common maps here and there until we got about a thousand gold sitting in the boats coffer, then we took a much needed break for a few hours.  Upon returning we found that our company was trying to tackle a rather difficult treasure map so we fast travelled there only to find that due to the area the map either couldn't spawn the enemies or were ending up spawning them under the map preventing us from completing it.  We then decided to head back to our outpost and complete a task we had been putting off all day, taming an elephant.  We traveled south to D6 where we had a fine treasure map for around 700 gold and landed on an island with some rather friendly folks who were looking to trade.  Upon completing the treasure map I noticed that my bear had picked up something else that could be considered a treasure, sugars in quantities I had not considered possible for the saps before.  We brought everything back to the boat and I was able to craft up 2k organic paste from fighting in a treasure hunt with no serious effort at gathering.  Needless to say we are going to be back there to stock up.  Ursa and Fenrir(wolf) made it back on the boat deck just fine, however Minor managed to get stuck under the bottom deck and we couldn't get him out no matter what we tried, so we resigned ourselves to having to tear apart the lower planks to get him out when we got home.  Once we sailed around to the locals trading area we found they had some rather good tamed elephants for sale, a 35 and a 36(wild levels).  We got a great deal on our new elephant (Al Bundy) and Minor and Fenrir gained a new job(keeping Al alive against anything nature thinks it's going to throw at it).  One of our crew mates signed off for the night as it was getting late(he was riding Fenrir) so we decided it was best if we get everything back to base and pack up for the night.  Upon arriving back at the outpost I noticed that Minor had been stuck in a different spot and I could actually ride him now if I wanted meaning instead of being under the deck he had managed to get up on it,  I whistled to him to follow and upon walking back to the top deck poof, he's on top and we no longer have to destroy anything to get him out.  This is where I decided to call it a night, everything had gone extremely well(much better than expected) and we met some great new people that we plan to trade with later on.  With all our tames back in the yard and our defensive animals set to neutral I signed off for the night.   

Plans for today involve possibly setting up a breeding area and keeping my eyes out for a high level bear to tame and take down to D6 for trading.

Got booted by BattlEye with a "Corrupted Memory #0" error (again) after having run a 24-hour stress test on my system using Memtest86 with 0 errors 🙄

Edited by Hambo

The past few days have been a bit up in the air.  We've recently merged with another company making us into about a 50 man company and owning quite a bit more territory, this was due to the owner and many of us moving to play mostly on unofficial(maintaining official outposts so we can alternate between the two since some players do not want to lose their progression on official).  

This is gonna be a few days in one post so I'm just gonna split them by paragraph.

Saturday the last day on official for many in my company, was spent preparing and going after a powerstone/hydra key.  A few members of the alliance joined us and together we brought a small army of bears/horses all with cargo carriages and a mix of swivels/ballistas.  These really hammered anything on the island so we were able to clear up a good chunk while we were offloading and getting everyone where they needed to be.  We had no issues at all until we realized the FOY was also on this island(lag ensued).  Once we had killed the hydra a few fire elementals and high level tigers spawned and between the lag spikes roughly 90% of our tames died, and only about 80% of us managed to get back with our keys even when we were death running back in to try to get all of them(some players just didn't get them because they were too far from the hydra).  Taking the key to the powerstone ended up being a cluster we had 1 tame left with a ballista, so it and a rider were tasked with heading to the entrance and clearing the way for the rest of us to take our keys in.  This worked out well until other players started trying to kite fire elementals to the entrance(gotta love griefers).  We still all managed to get our keys done and the powerstone from it but we lost all gear that we had brought with us to survive the cave(not a huge cost).  We sailed back to our allies outpost and anchored the ships to begin making some much needed repairs.  The galleon, brig, and schooner all had sustained a fair amount of damage between dealing with fire elementals and SotD so we needed to gather everything we could before logging off for the night.  Luckily their outpost was only 1 block away so it didn't take us long at all to get this task taken care of.  Once we gathered sufficient supplies most of us made our ways back to our individual outposts to do minor maintenance(feeding tames and stocking up on some materials).

Sunday was the first day some of us had realized the plan to merge the company had taken place(some people were wholly against this).  We gathered some of our gathering tames and things we needed for the northern outpost along with some remaining blueprints/resources to move to our tundra oupost and set sail for some treasure hunting to blow off some steam as there were a few upset players who wouldn't be able to hop on the unofficial to get started for a few more days.  The few of us that are going to be trying to maintain both unofficial and official are going to be living at our D2 base.  Which seems to have some rather friendly folk at it.  We went are beginning the construction of our breeding center and have finished off building a tame/cargo schooner.  We have plans to build a brig soon as well but need to have some talks with our neighbors to either buy an water claim near the shore or get some docking area for boats as we have very little of that at the D2 base.

Monday was the first day of the unofficial server(this is a 4x4 square being hosted by some content creators on youtube/twitch).  The rates are not too far off of the officials but breeding has been adjusted quite a lot so that it is actually manageable without spending your entire life on one cub.  No harvesting is not insanely high and taming still is the official settings.  We want it to be workable we just don't want to have to spend insane times breeding or travelling as most of the community has to commit time to having a real life(family/jobs).  Breeding an animal takes as long as taming an animal roughly.  Raising one will still require a few hours of investment(2-3 hrs for bears) so there is still work to be had for your reward but it's not unreasonable.  On day 1 we all spawned in got the company up and running and began the sloop armada.  We had a total of 8 people right from the start so we had 3 sloops built with smithy's / metal tools in about 20 minutes.  We only carried base resources with us to get to the island we planned to call home going forward.  As soon as we got there we landed in the docks(this island came with a small city almost like a freeport).  I set down the initial foundation for a temporary storage/logoff/work area inside of the walls of the city and then began working on a taming trap.  Between 3 tamers we ended up having 4 chickens/4 cows, 5 horses, 5 bears, and a monkey.  We have to travel quite a distance on the island to find any pure nodes of metal or to get to syrup so we are planning on possibly tossing up a zipline system to make travel to/from a bit easier, unsure of how easy/ pleasing this will look.  Until then we are taking bears with 1 on follow to do this in teams of 2, this lets us take out alpha lions with little issue.  After we got the bears we decided to play around with carriages while we went doing treasure hunts(they are nice but need improving).  Current plans are get the city built up(wall around and some basic buildings setup, then begin moving people out who don't want to live inside of the city itself.  There are several us playing as dwarves who plan on running a foundry on a separate island and possibly a tundra breeding center.  If I have the time tonight my goals are to move the taming trap and set it up so that we can capture more tames in it.  Perhaps locating someone with a rhino and trading a bear or two for that if they are up for it.

Last night I participated in an expedition to strike back at an ally of one of our enemies.  We sailed for 2 hours nearly across the globe to the great southern regions of the world to strike at the iceberg that they call home.

We dressed warm and loaded up on explosive barrels and carbines.   We made landfall easy enough, no opposition and they had no clue we were coming.  

We snuck around their defenses, which they had next to none, not even walls.... it was laughable really.   We broke up into teams, and each picked a galleon to strike.  We climbed up the ladders which were left down and quickly dispatched the guards left on the deck.   Climbing below decks and placing several explosive charges in their bellies.   

The whole mission ended an hour after we made landfall.   Total we sunk 4 galleons, but lost a schooner to their counter attack to push us off the island.   

While this was an offline raid, it was a direct response to their offline raid of us.   

Longer post so I'll just include this weekend.

Saturday we had made plans to take a whaling schooner down to O7 in order to complete a few tasks.  The first of which was going to be a Journeyman Treasuremap which would've netted us quite a bit of gold and exp.  The next task was going to be defeating the boss and getting the powerstone for that region.  Unfortunately on the way there myself and my crew mate ended up being a part of the "Steam Outage" which lead us to not being able to connect for several hours.  I came back on a few hours later to find myself swimming in the middle of the ocean, he successfully sailed the boat back home already so we were just out what gear I had(all common stuff).  

Sunday I spent the day on the unofficial gathering up materials and taming up a new bear(lvl 29 female) gonna include her in a future breeding program.  I also setup a tattoo parlor or at least the beginnings of one that once I have a bit more art setup will be available for use on the server.

Current Objects(Official):

Increase the efficiency of our battle brig in D2.

Build a second Cargo Brig for transporting goods.

Current Objects(Unofficial):

Get a mobile base schooner under way to transport personal tames to a new outpost. 

Begin gathering materials for a dwarven outpost in the tundra section of the map.

Kara went on a taming spree today. 1 bear, 3 horses, 1 perfect pig, 1 rabbit, 1 crow, 3 seagulls, 2 lions, 1 perfect sheep, and 2 wolves

Edit: why do I have a white background? lol
Edited by Kara

Built some stone storage chambers on the ocean ground.

Used 2x weekend to fill the chambers with oil jars, flame arrows, cannons and ammo.

Will make my neighbor islands happy today noon when everyone is at work. When they come from work they have time to interact with their families as all of their ships are gone...muhahaha... troll game.

offlined a guys base with just 11 cannon balls and stole thousands of resources, I think I will do same to everyone else on the server considering how easy it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

NA PVE-lawless

Been a while since I've updated but we are still hanging in there and having fun. Since our last update we built a brig and are putting the finishing touches on a galleon that we plan on taking out for the 1st time this Saturday. We also have 2 bears, an elephant, 2 rhinos, and 2 cows.

We have made a few good allies that we trade with and explore and run maps with. Rather the recap the last month, Ill just talk about Last Saturday. We went on an 8 hour trip doing maps and exploring and the trip was really rough. We went in a brig and our ally went with us in his freshly built brig

Started off in B10 and our 1st map was in B8. It was pretty uneventful getting there, but slow due to crappy wind. The sotd were really thick and both of us took some hits but nothing major. Get to B7, do the map and head to our next desto, C7. Get to C7 and find the map is on top of a mountain, which we were not prepared for so after an hour of looking and trying to get up we decide to move on. 

Our 3rd desto was D7. We almost get to the island, its dark and a storm kicks in. We get seperated and head in to anchor. We anchor no problem, but our ally hits a rock, blows a couple of planks off and starts sinking. He didnt have any spare planks so hes frantic trying to build one, and neither of us have experienced fixing a sinking ship. I happen to have spare planks so I hop on my bear with them and try to find him. By the time I find him he has stopped the leak with 20% hp left.

After a moment he tries to move off the rock and takes damage and starts sinking again. He's out of repair material, and sinking even faster. I rush out with my planks and just as I get on his ship it sinks 😞 So i go back and get my ship, and him, my wife and brother start trying to find and save his gold and blueprints. I pull up, we salvage what we can do the map and decide to move onto our final map location, C4.

After several storms, and a few more sotd close calls we finaly get to c4 and run the map with no issues. Then we start the long road home to B10 with lousy wind. Same crap on the way home, storms, storms and Sotd close calls. We finally pull up to our allies base at 3am my time. My ship was looking pretty rough and we were just about out of repair mats, so while our allie offloaded his stuff i gathered enough wood and metal to do some repairs. We took several hits from sotd and went through several cyclones so a few planks were almost down to 3khp. We finally get home at 330 am, bring our bear inside and go to bed.

The next morning we offload our gold and blueprints, refill our repair mats and discovered we brought home over 7k gold and some decent bps too.

Our plans this weekend are to run an 1800 gold map in k12 with the same ally, only this time we are going to bring our new galleon there the night before and run it at the start of our play time, then spend the trip home exploring and gathring mats that aren't local to us, that way we dont have several hours of straight sailing and instead are stoping every 20 minutes or so. Should be more fun for everyone and we will bring home stuff to trade and help up build some bps.

8 hours ago, Blackadder said:

offlined a guys base with just 11 cannon balls and stole thousands of resources, I think I will do same to everyone else on the server considering how easy it is

You waste cannon balls liar ! 

No base in ATLAS needs 11 cannon balls !

Dont drink rum while shooting😂

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2019 at 2:07 PM, Thor Ragnarock said:

I looked out at my barren island. Killed some stuff, hacked it with my hatchet, killed some more stuff... got bored cause there is nothing else to gather and logged off.

and  i doubt u are lvl 100 and have explored much of the other grids ? or completed your compass power stones , or killed any of the bosses ? have u built a battle brig and manned it with ai crew and a fuck ton of cvannons and killed sotd from low to high lvl ?  if u have then ok maybe u dont have anything to do ,

Edited by UDO